Forza Motorsport 5 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Forza Motorsport 5

Discussion in 'Technology' started by AlexO91, May 22, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    This is an interesting read.

Interview: Forza Motorsport 5 creative direct - Video Game News, Videos and File Downloads for PC and Console Games at Shacknews.com

A few highlights for me is when asked why the list of cars and tracks was dramatically reduced he says nothing was cut from Forza 5. It was built from scratch.

He also says this is the biggest Forza made to date. Unfortunately he is referring to the 39 GB it takes up and not the roster of cars, tracks and community features the gamers crave.

He also said that they started working on Forza 5 a year before Forza 4 was shipped and it takes six months of work to build one car for the game.

2. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    The problem IMHO is that all to often, game companies get caught up in producing high polygon counts. Unfortunately, high polygon counts mean nothing without good T&L. Heck, a car will look more realistic with good T&L and a lower polygon count than one with a high count and poor T&L.

3. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    Turn 10 listened to the backlash they created and made amends with some great gestures.

Today thru sunday they are making all cars in the game 50% off in CR and TK.

All VIP members will be gifted to their garage the 2013 Lotus E21 as a thank you.
    If you had already bought the E21 you will be gifted the Ferrari 250 GTO

Part of the VIP package was getting 1,250 tokens which they said would be enough to buy any single car in the game. This turned out not to be true and people were furious. They will have a page up where you can pick any one car to be gifted to your garage.

If you buy the LaFerrari Car pack or the Forza 5 car pass you will be gifted the LaFerrai and it will be in your garage.

In the Forza rewards program depending on your past history of playing previous turn 10 games you will be given a tier level. Tier 4 gets three cars gifted including a Ferrari F12. Tier 5 gets you those cars and the McLaren P1

Still haven't got my console hooked up but when I do as a VIP I'll have the Lotus E21, LaFerrari, McLaren P1, Ford Fiesta ST, Audi RS 7, Ferrari F12 plus 1 free pick which will probably be the Ferrari 250 GTO. I'll have one day to play and get as many CR as I can to take advantage of the 50% off sale and I'll buy what I can to use for racing. You get 100 TK to start the game and as a VIP I get another 1,250 so I'll have 1,350 to use in the 50% sale as well.

While I can see the value of racing to earn the special cars there are some like me that just don't have the time to grind out enough to buy the cars above. At 6,000,000 CR for the 250 GTO and the same for the Lotus E21 it would have taken me about a year to buy them in the current economy they have in place and the pace I play the game.

If the above sways those on the fence about getting Forza 5 I believe you could still buy the VIP status in the xbox live store and get all the benefits but you should investigate further to get all the correct details.

Here is a good start Forza Motorsport - Forza Motorsport Week In Review 11-27-13

4. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    #54 Str8shooter, Dec 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I finally got my xbox one hooked up and raced to get as many CRs as I could to take advantage of that 50% sale on in game cars they had. Now I'm going to set Forza 5 to the side until I can get a wheel. I drive with no assists and its pretty hard with the controller plus its much more fun with a wheel.

I did spend some time with the Autovista feature and its much improved over the Forza 4 version. This time you can look at any car in your garage and with your paint. It also has where you can click to get a cycle of views including pans that show the car from all angles. The graphics and detail are incredible and I spent about 20 minutes just looking at my yellow F40. :D

I know some people think the Autovista feature is a total waste of space but I think it is an amazing addition and anyone that admires cars will enjoy it. Most will never have the opportunity to explore something rare and exotic like the Pagani Huarya in real life so having the chance to see it in detail in Autovista is very cool.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. ProRallyCodriver

ProRallyCodriver Formula 3

Oct 25, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Dave Shindle
    Should have just named it Fiveza.

6. Dakota

Dakota Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2012
    Alvord Texas
    Full Name:
    Dakota Crafton
    Havn't played a game since 09' but when I did I had Forza 2 and 3. I had ALL the cars in both games, the key was to find the money glitches lol. They did not stay long.

7. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    That Huarya.... wow!!

8. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    Just is case the few that played Forza 5 fell asleep at the wheel I'd like to point out they've made some big changes to Forza 5 and its getting better :)

They now have made it that when you buy DLC cars they are FREE in the game. That means you no longer need to buy them with credits to add them to your garage. The first time you get the car for free. Additional copies of that car still need to be bought with CRs. Amazingly they made all previous DLC and VIP cars available the same way. I ended up getting almost 60 cars worth about 21,000,000 CRs FREE.

They added Road America and five cars in a past update and today they are releasing the Long Beach circuit and five more cars for FREE in addition to the regular DLC pack that came at the first of the month. Both new tracks are fully integrated into Rivals, multiplayer and career modes.

After a rough launch it looks like they are trying hard to make amends with the new features. I'll be happy when they finally catch up and most of the cars in 4 are in 5 and they've added more tracks. Long Beach will be fun especially in the open wheel cars but I really miss driving my Zonda R around the Ring :(

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSQnf-ZLDJw]Forza Motorsport 5: Free Update Adds Long Beach Circuit - YouTube[/ame]

9. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Still haven't upgraded to Xbox One. Hopefully they release an Ultimate edition like FM3 :eek:

10. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Really? Did you buy a PS4?

11. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    #62 Str8shooter, Jun 9, 2014
    Just announced at E3 that the Ring is now available for download as an update in Forza 5 for free along with a booster car pack for $4.99.

Sure glad they were finally able to get the track into Forza 5. Can't wait to see how it looks.

Now all I need is my Zonda R :D

Here are the five cars in the booster pack and a vid of the Ring

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj_WEVHgxr4[/ame]

12. TheBigEasy

Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Also, Forza Horizon 2 announced. Looks great.

13. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    Forza 5 recently added the Nurburgring, it's pretty amazing. Makes all other versions of this track in forza seem like a cheap arcade.

14. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    #65 TheDuke, Jun 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
    Just got the game. So far I have really enjoyed it.

I'm glad they added a few F1 cars and Indy cars. Those Indy cars a super fast.

The graphics are amazing and the cars are fun to drive.

I wish the track selection was slightly better but I'll still live and play the game.

15. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    Drive the Lotus F1 car on the Ring, you'll love it!

16. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
  17. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    #68 Str8shooter, Jul 1, 2014
    They just released the last car pack covered under the season pass and announced they would still release more DLC over the coming months.

The open wheel cars are a lot of fun to drive especially when driven from the driver's perspective.
    This latest pack has some incredible cars including the 1952 Ferrari 375 :)

I can't wait to try them out and look at them in Forzavista.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UfsB4Wcdsw]Hot Wheels Car Pack -- Forza Motorsport 5 - YouTube[/ame]

18. TheBigEasy

Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    #69 TheBigEasy, Aug 15, 2014
  19. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Finally picked up a Xbox One. Played some FM5 it feels more of the same tho I do like the new tracks plus open wheel cars.

Because of the monthly rewards Turn10 gives out I start the game with 13mill credits :D