Forza Motorsport 5 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Forza Motorsport 5

Discussion in 'Technology' started by AlexO91, May 22, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Precisely....you would think, oh, nevermind.

I think I'm going to hold off on the next gen consoles for now. It doesn't look like quite the step forward that I expected. Both Sony and Microsoft would be wise to maintain resources in the current systems while they get the newer ones up to speed. Forza 5 doesn't look markedly different from Forza 4...I'm certain it's a bit "shinier" given higher resolution, but I'd expect photo-quality gameplay with real-world handling physics at this point. (PGR-4 graphics with Forza 4 physics would be the minimum, but I'd expect better).

2. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    that won't happen,they want to force you to buy the new systems

3. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    #28 Str8shooter, Nov 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    If I'm reading this right it looks like the LaFerrari will be available as DLC on release day.

$50 Forza 5 Car Pass detailed - GameSpot

" Microsoft today provided more details on the Forza Motorsport 5 Car Pass, the digital offering announced last week for Turn 10's Xbox One title that includes access to dozens of vehicles. Chief among the new details is information about pricing, with Microsoft revealing the pass will sell for $50 and feature multiple car packs.

Each Car Pack will include ten cars, and the first will arrive alongside Forza 5 at launch on November 22. Subsequent packs will be available the first week of every month, starting in January 2014 and running through March 2014.

The first expansion, the LaFerrari Car Pack, introduces ten vehicles, including the 950 horsepower LaFerrari that has yet to be released in the real world. The other nine cars will be announced on November 18, Microsoft said.

Individual cars will be available for purchase separately, but Microsoft said buying the $50 pass will allow players to save 18 percent compared to purchasing individually. For the first time in the history of the franchise, every vehicle in Forza 5 will be available in Forzavista mode. This will allow users to explore the inside and outside of every car, Microsoft said.

Forza 5 will run in 1080p at 60 frames-per-second, Microsoft confirmed earlier this year. Last year's Forza Horizon also had a $50 DLC pass. "
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    They will need to step it up then. Many that I know aren't planning to buy a new system until there are games compelling enough to push them to do it. If nothing is done around the existing systems, the industry will start to bleed revenue. They need to have a balanced approach with the latest launches and MUST expect that only the hardest of hardcore gamers will be early adopters. I don't think WiiU has done too much of anything (though I don't know that to be a fact)

5. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    That's awesome.

6. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando

If will be fun to hear and simulate driving it plus check it out in Forzavista :D

7. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
  8. TheBigEasy

Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Will this be races only? Or will it have an open world like Horizon?

9. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
  10. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Lotus F1 :D Didn't expect that.

Races only.

11. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    Looks like they are going to cut several tracks from Forza 5 and will launch with just 14. When you think about tracks like Road America, Mugello and Sonoma getting left out it makes you wonder WTF :(

They are also saying the game will launch with a little over 200 cars.

I'm trying to understand how we can have a new console that is eight times more powerful than the last but end up cutting the content in half. I know they are on new ground and have had limited time to build Forza 5 in time for release. They have announced a new, lazer scanned version of the Ring will be available in January so I guess we'll have to wait and see if they include some other tracks after they've been refreshed in future DLC.

Here's the confirmed tracks that will come on the disc:

Bernese Alps
    Catalunya
    Spa
    Indianapolis
    Le Mans
    Laguna Seca
    Mount Panorama
    Prague
    Road Atlanta
    Sebring
    Silverstone
    Test Track Airfield
    Top Gear test track
    Yas Marina

Here is what we will miss:

Sedona,Suzuka, Tsukuba, Sunset Peninsula, Camino Viejo (including Iberian & Ladera), Fujimi Kaido, Hockenheimring, Infineon (Sonoma), Maple Valley, Mugello, Rally di Positano, Road America & Motegi.

Why Forza Motorsport 5 has fewer cars and tracks than Forza 4 • Interviews • Xbox One • Eurogamer.net

12. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Have you played FM2? Half the stuff was just recycled to FM3/4. The polycount for all those older cars are low and just doesn't cut it for 5. You would notice the different in polycount. Just look at autovista vs in game in FM4.

Those Autovista cars were close to 1mill polycount where as a FM2 car is along the lines of 150k. Plus the time it takes to re-scan each car again. Some cars might be rare so could be hard to actually organise a re-scan.

I doubt they will bring DLC for tracks besides the ones they have already announced.

13. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    I can appreciate the time and effort that goes into redoing all the cars and tracks so they can reach a level of quality never before achieved in the Forza series.

For me personally there is a balance needed between quantity vs quality. I would much rather have quantity because a limited roster will quickly become redundant. In Forza 4 with a much greater track selection it still got to be a grind after awhile. I can't imagine driving the same 14 tracks over and over in Forza 5. I can live with a smaller car count even though a few of my favorites like the Zonda R have been left out for now.

So they want to release Forza 5 with the launch of xbox one and they didn't have enough time to create the content to match the launch roster of Forza 4. I can understand that.

If you value quantity of content they are effectively selling half the game of Forza 4 at the same price. THEN they are going to offer additional cars for sale as DLC. $60 for the game and another $50 if you buy the pass which would give you 260 cars for $110 while you got more than that at launch for Forza 4 for $60. BTW I thought at some time they had said there would be 600 cars in Forza 5.

I'm really shocked so many tracks will not be in the game. They really belong in there. If they weren't made in time so be it but I have a sneaking suspicion that some will be offered later as DLC and we will have to pay for them if we want them. That is an additional fee for something that was included in Forza 4 for just $60.

They had a choice. Delay Forza 5 and release it when they had completed all the content we had in Forza 4 and sell it for $60 or push it out with reduced content, still sell it for $60 and then charge extra for the missing content as it becomes available. One way makes them a lot more money than the other :)

We'll know much better what their business plan is when Forza 6 comes out. By that time they will have had enough time to redo their content and they should have night day cycle and weather included. If they continue to hold stuff back from the launch disc so they can sell it to us in DLC we'll know its about money and not time constraints.

14. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
  15. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    I'm visiting my sister and brother for thanksgiving and she ordered the xbox one, Forza 5 LE and COD:Ghosts. I ordered the same and had mine shipped to her house so I could get it while I was there. Everything came on time except the Ghost games. Tracking showed they were delivered but we didn't get them. She contacted Amazon and after checking our accounts they are sending us two more games at no cost. I thought that was very nice of them.

I've been following the Forza forum and it looks like they are having a lot of problems with the VIP of the LE game so my sister hasn't played it yet and will wait until they get it sorted out. My brother won't have the VIP so I watched as he played.

If is immediately apparent that the graphics are a big leap forward. It really is beautiful.

He started the career mode and it didn't take long for the tracks to get redundant.

One thing really annoying is after you finish a race there is no way to quit. You must click continue and then wait for the next race to load which comes with some commentary. When you get to the start menu of the next race there is the option to quit. It really is a time waster and badly implemented.

There are a lot of features missing in Forza 5 that were in Forza 4. One that I'll miss is no test drive. I used that a lot as it gave me a chance to try some of the cars that I'd never afford to buy. When I finally bought something expensive I'd try it first especially when I was trying to choose between a couple cars.

I never made much CR in Forza 4. Rarely did I ever have more than a couple million as I only earned money through racing. It will be much worse in Forza 5 as they've dialed down the payouts and there are considerably less ways to make CR in F5 for the rest.

The LaFerrari is 1,400,000 CR to buy or you can use 2,334 Tokens.

The Ferrari 250 GTO is the most expensive at 6,000,000 CR or 10,000 Tokens.

You pay real money for tokens to use in the game and 10,000 tokens will cost over $70.00 just to have the 250 GTO in your garage. I'm annoyed that it was announced that the LE edition would come with 1,250 tokens which would be enough to buy any car in the game. This simply turned out to not be true.

As far as I know there is no way to free ride or test either of those cars without buying them with CR or Tokens. That stinks for those like me that just don't have the time to play enough to get 6 million credits but still want to at least try the cars.

Forza Horizon felt like half a game to me. Now I think it was a marketing test to see just how little they could put in a full priced game and then sell extra DLC. I'm not buying that's all they could do because of the 360's limitations. When you consider all they put into GTA5, Horizon is a joke when it comes to content and playability. It must have been profitable as it looks like Forza 5 has followed that business plan.

Some say Forza 5 didn't have enough time to complete the full game. I say that is a bunch of BS. They should have had complete cooperation with MS as to the xbox one and as a launch title it should've been the highest priority to be the best it can be. Turn 10 isn't some third party developer that got little info about the xbox one. They should've been working hand in hand from the beginning. To think that Forza 5 had to be rushed to launch is a bit naive.

They have implemented a new business strategy and we will no longer be getting the complete games we got in the past. I thought Horizon was a hint of what was coming. Forza 5 backs up my suspicion. Forza 6 will be the definitive game. It sure looks pretty though :)

16. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    Turn 10 have been taking massive shortcuts and building mediocre games since Forza 3; and NEVER do they actually respond to the feedback of fans/buyers and make future releases better in those respects. The graphics can be mediocre, and if the game play is top notch, it will sell.

Just more reason why I left the franchise after Forza 2 never to buy another title from them.

Voice your concerns on the Turn 10 official Forza forums, and you will find your comments deleted, and your account banned. It has nothing to do with trolling. We just want a better/more complete game.

17. TheBigEasy

Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Forza spends way too much time on crap cars. No I don't buy a race car video game to have to spend the first half driving a crap VW Golf GTI and a Chevy Camaro to build up enough money for decent cars. I'm OK with less cars if they dump the crap ones.

Just give me ALL the current super cars (including Porsche, damn EA contract)... and classic exotics as well.

18. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    That Forza forum is ruthless. The mods force their opinions on everyone and if you don't agree with them you're deleted or banned as you say. In four years I've made less than ten posts and got bashed for all of them :)

After following the Forza forum I've learned there are a lot of people that like the crap cars so I'm happy for them. Personally I like, vintage, exotic and race cars. What they really need to do is please everyone and have a full selection of cars. They also need to have a way where you can jump to any style car you want and not have to grind through a bunch of " crap " cars to get to what you're interested in. They had it right in Forza 4. This time they are manipulating us into spending more money via tokens if we want to jump right into our favorites.

I really wish they took the ambition and attitude of GTA5. That game is slap full of just about everything utilizing the land sea and air with weather and a day night cycle on a 360.
    Plus they are adding FREE DLC with the beach bum pack. I'm already excited for what GTA6 could be on the xbox one. What they launched with Forza 5 is unforgivable.

19. TheBigEasy

Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Agree.

Agree, GTA5 is great.

To get on XBox One sooner than later I'd like to see them release the same GTA5 map, optimized for better hardware, with a new story-line, more heists, etc to expand on what they've started.

It will take years to create a whole new city for a GTA6.

20. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    I'll add that the new Drivatar feature works pretty well. The cars seem to act more human as opposed to AI. They beat and bang and go off course but mostly hog the preferred driving line. You still start from the back and have to fight your way through the pack only to find the leader is so far ahead its tough to catch him in just 2 or 3 laps. You really need to get through the pack ASAP.

21. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    You guys are always free to start your own game company ;)

Not sure why there is a GTA comparison :confused: The handling is pretty generic with pretend cars they sorta look like real cars.

The reivews I have seen for the most part have been positive.

22. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    Why should we expect anything less than a well polished game when they are selling 100$ million+

The only thing that has improved since Forza 2 is graphics. Why is that?

Why is it that Forza cannot beat Gran Turismo at their own game? It is almost as bad as GT using 800 old carryover cars from previous games without updated polygon models, and textures... and using a hoover vacuum as the base model for how an engine at WOT sounds like.

Meanwhile, GT's creators at least acknowledge the problems, and claim to address them. Turn 10 refuse to improve their product, and refuse to admit sub-standard features, and tactile feedback. IE no true FFB API built in to xbox because M$ refuses to pay for the original licensing that they helped develop in the late 90's with games like Midtown Madness, and NFS Porsche Unleashed.

23. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    When Horizon was announced many of us hoped it would be a true open world. It wasn't and the excuse going around was they just couldn't do it because of the console limitations and still have good driving physics.

I compared it to GTA5 because they are using the same console.

The entire Horizon map would just be a neighborhood in GTA5 AND you can drive anywhere. Off cliffs, through backyards, down in the sewer or anywhere else a car can get traction. Even in the rally pack in Horizon you couldn't go very far off road. :(

GTA5 adds planes that you can fly all over the map. Watercraft you can take anywhere there is water including submarines. The cars are generic probably due to avoiding licensing and they handle arcadish but thats ok because you need that to drive the map. Consider all the other stuff in GTA5 it has 100 times the content of Horizon using the same console restrictions. I'm not buying the excuse that they couldn't make the map open because they needed the resources for driving physics.

Now we are on the next gen console and Forza 5 has less content than Forza 4. I can't believe that GTA5 got all that into the 360 and Forza 5 had to take stuff out. They haven't officially said why but people speculate it was rushed to finish. I don't buy that either.

I think that when MS announced internally that they would be working on the xbox one they worked with key players like turn 10 and kept them up to speed with the progress. Turn 10 has been working on Forza 5 as soon as MS gave them the green light and that could've been several years ago. One team could have been working on Forza 3 then 4 while another team has been working on 5 the whole time.

Unless laser scanning just became available, about the only thing that should have been late to the game is the newest cars like the LaFerrari and the P1. When they got the data they needed to put the F12 in Forza 4 I would think they would have prepared it for Forza 5 at the same time. It would be a waste to have to go back a second time. If laser scanning was available four years ago, they should've been scanning for 5 back then. If they waited until after Forza 4 was completely done and all the DLC was produced before beginning on Forza 5 I will be astonished and will have to start my own co. :D

The game looks good and I'm going to buy the thrustmaster to play it. I'm just pointing out that they've changed their strategy and are now selling us a " starter " game at full price and give us the option to buy addons for a considerable amount more. Addons that were included on the disc in previous games. I don't think it is because of time contraints or console restrictions. I think it is for business reasons and in this case the consumer loses.

24. TheBigEasy

Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    I think GTAV-style open world is the best foundation for all video games.

Sure the car handling could take the physics engine from Forza. And real licensed cars for sure... but Horizon was WAY too limited in what you could do.

If I owned a video game company these are the games I'd want to build:

- A true open world Batman game where you save-game in Wanye Manor and can go down into the batcave, change into batsuit, and drive the batmobile (or batwing or batboat) into Gotham with tons of side missions. -- Arkham Origins is pretty close, just not fully open enough the way you can only 'fast travel' from batcave into the city.. and it's too locked into the 1 night, and 1 story line.. and no way to go up into Wayne Manor and change into Bruce Wayne.

- A true open world Star Wars game where you can change characters between Luke, Han, and Vader... you can freely fly any X-wing, millennium falcon, AT-STs, speeder bike, etc... Fly between Hoth, Tatooine, Death Star, Cloud City, Endor, etc... tons of side missions plus main story that follows movies.

25. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    My dream game would be an open world like GTA5 with all it's gameplay features but without the criminal element. Then I'd add Forza 5 style racing to it. You could spend time in the city doing missions to help fund your racing ventures. Have your cars in garages you could walk around and inspect or work on. Then load them on a trailer and go off to the track or fast travel if you have to.

I seriously hoped Forza 5 would've at least had garages to keep your cars instead of just a menu. About the only innovation this time is adding a few open wheel cars. Something they had in the Ferrari Legends game I was playing last year on the 360 :)