Forza Motorsport 5 | FerrariChat

Forza Motorsport 5

Discussion in 'Technology' started by AlexO91, May 22, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    The official trailer has been announced for Forza 5 which will be one of the first game titles released on the new Xbox One.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r46D1lRpO1k]Forza Motorsport 5: Announce Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

2. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Pity it was all pre-render we probably wont get in game till E3.

It did remind me of PGR :eek:

3. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    It doesnt look THAT exciting...

4. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    E3

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCoSehFdFdI]Forza Motorsport 5 - E3 2013 Microsoft Press Conf Presentation - YouTube[/ame]

5. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I didn't see a Ferrari the Ferrari in the clips (don't remember seeing it at least) but I'm sure it'll be there.

I'm still not certain I want the Big Brother Box. Unless they get rid of the daily authentication, forced internet connection and forced usage of Kinect at all times, I don't see me making the $500 putchase.

Smartly, PS4/Sony has already clarified that none of those aspects will be part of their nex gen console.

6. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    #6 Str8shooter, Jun 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I ordered an Xbox One off Amazon yesterday. I'm pretty confident that Forza 5 will be better and hopefully much better than Forza 4. What I don't like is I'll have to buy another wheel as my current MS wheel will not work with the new console.

It appears that Forza 5 will have a great roster of cars and have promised to have a lot more than Forza 4. They also announced that for the first time they will have open wheel cars and all cars will be available in the autovista mode. I'm sure Ferrari will have a strong presence.

So far only a handful of cars have been spied and confirmed in Forza 5 reveals one of which is the Ferrari F12.

Here's a link to a page with some great announcements about Forza 5

FM5 E3 Screens+Trailer+Info | Forzacentral
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Microsoft owns the rights to Ferraris in games at the moment.

8. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    I saw they put Indy Cars into the game... does that incude F1 cars too?

And Microsoft owns the Ferrari license... and EA Sports owns Porsche license.

9. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    I don't know much about the whole license thing but it stinks when a key manufacturer is missing. Porsche was sorely missed, by me at least, in Forza 4 and when they finally added the Porsche expansion pack it completed the game.

It looks like EA and MS have formed a pretty strong relationship judging by how they will be integrating the sports together. I also noticed that Ferrari was featured in the trailer for EA's Need for Speed Rivals so if MS owns the rights to Ferrari and has worked out a deal with EA to allow it in NFS Rivals one can hope that EA will return the favor and allow MS to include Porsche in Forza 5. Time will tell.

I'm very disappointed that it has been confirmed the Forza 5 won't have a day / night cycle or weather. I thought that the next gen xbox would give the developers the power and space to include it. Many games have had it. I haven't seen a good explanation as to why they didn't implement it this time. My only guess is they are saving it for Forza 6 as a selling point. I'm not crazy for racing in the rain but I sure would've liked to do a day / night race at Sebring and Le Mans.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnK_u5s30_g]Forza Motorsport 5 E3 IndyCar Teaser - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zph2UL09tLM]Need for Speed Rivals - E3 Gameplay Video (Official E3 2013) - YouTube[/ame]

10. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    no day/night cycling is likely due to the restrictions on the ability to make new tech/programming when releasing a game a year...

11. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    It has been confirmed that Porsche will not be included in Forza 5 :(

12. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    I doubt it. They had no issue putting day/night into Horizons. Being an exclusive title they would have some of the best programmers. No night would be a design decision not a technical issue.

Plus when did they start releasing a game a year??? FM4 came out in 2011, FM3 in 2009, fm2 in 2007, fm in 2005. Most game series that come out once a year are actually 2 studios that alternate between years.

It was a DLC pack for FM4 can't see why they wont do the same in FM5.

13. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    Well I just preordered the Forza 5 Limited Edition.

Now I have to figure out what I'm going to do for a wheel :(

Here's what is in the Forza 5 Limited Edition........

With multiple car packs, VIP membership privileges, and packed-in content, the “Forza Motorsport 5″ Limited Edition is the ultimate package for “Forza Motorsport 5″ fans. The “Forza Motorsport 5″ Limited Edition features the all-new 2014 Audi RS 7 Sportback on the cover and includes the following digital content:

Limited Edition Car Pack –
    This five-car pack features new cars that are already destined for legendary status. Each car in the “Forza Motorsport 5” Limited Edition Car Pack will feature a Limited Edition livery and will be tuned to the top of its respective class. The cars in the “Forza Motorsport 5” Limited Edition Car Pack include*:

2011 Audi RS 3 Sportback – More than a mere grocery-getter, the RS 3 Sportback marries performance with practicality. The result is a 340-horsepower grin-generator that will paste your head to the back of the seat and not crack a single egg in the process.

2012 Aston Martin Vanquish – As comfortable on the track as it is on cozy country lanes, the Aston Martin Vanquish is equal parts refined style and snarling, road-taming grit.

2013 Ford M Shelby Mustang GT500 – While the GT500’s aggressive lines suggest raw power and straight-line speed to spare, the sound of that big 5.8-liter V8 simply screams, “Get out of the way!”

2013 McLaren P1™ – The successor to McLaren’s legendary F1, the McLaren P1™ is an automotive highlight reel: technological innovation, gorgeous contours, and pure, unapologetic performance. Epic, legendary, astounding – words tend to fail when describing this car’s limitless potential.

2013 SRT Viper GTS – The return of the Viper has been celebrated by automotive fans worldwide. With an 8.4-liter V10 that’s capable of pushing the GTS to a top speed north of 200 mph, the 2013 Viper GTS has once again firmly entrenched its spot near the top of the American Muscle hierarchy.

VIP Membership – “Forza Motorsport 5″ VIPs enjoy exclusive benefits, including 2x player reward acceleration, access to exclusive multiplayer events, an exclusive in-game player card badge, and in-game gifts from the “Forza” community team.** VIPs will also have access to the “Forza Motorsport 5″ VIP Car Pack, featuring five amazing cars only available to VIP members, including:

1965 Shelby Cobra 427 S/C — Marketed as “the fastest streetcar in the world,” the 427 S/C is the most desirable of all the Shelby Cobra variants. Out of the 100 that were planned only 53 were built. They are nothing less than a purpose-built race car converted at the last minute for street use.

1987 RUF CTR Yellowbird — Dubbed the “Yellowbird” by journalists during a test drive event, the 1987 RUF CTR Yellowbird earns its name thanks to the canary-like chirping of its twin turbo blow-off valve. Just 29 of these cherished classics were built.

1991 Mazda #55 787B – One of the most beloved race cars of all time, the 787B holds the distinction as being Japan’s only winner of a 24 Hours of Le Mans race. Featuring a brash green and orange livery and an unmistakable screaming Wankel rotary engine, the 787B continues to inspire more than 20 years after its debut.

2011 Ford F150 SVT Raptor — Say hello to your rear view mirror’s worst nightmare. The Raptor is essentially a factory-built pre-runner race truck with suspension to match its under-the-hood muscle. Slide it, jump it, whatever you like — it just begs for more.

2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport – Even among hypercars, the Veyron Super Sport stands alone. After all, this is the car that currently holds the Guinness record for “World’s Fastest Car” at speeds approaching 270 mph.

Day One Car Pack – A three-car pack featuring special liveries and custom tuned cars. See below for details on the Day One Car Pack.

In addition, “Forza Motorsport 5″ Limited Edition owners will receive a custom Steelbook™ case, a decal sheet featuring “Forza Motorsport 5”, “Xbox One”, and Audi window decals, and 1,250 car tokens (a $9.99 value) that will allow Limited Edition owners instant access to any car in the game. The “Forza Motorsport 5″ Limited Edition will be available for an estimated retail price of $79.99 at launch and is now available for pre-order at participating retailers.

“Forza Motorsport 5″ Day One Edition

“Forza Motorsport 5″ fans will also have the option to pre-order the “Forza Motorsport 5″ Day One Edition, featuring the Day One Car Pack and special Day One commemorative packaging with artwork that matches the Xbox One Day One console design.

Day One Car Pack – This three-car pack features amazing cars from Lamborghini, Audi, and Ford; each with a Day One-themed livery and custom tuning package created by the experts at Turn 10. The Day One Car Pack includes the following cars*:

2010 Audi TT RS Coupe – Stuffed stem to stern with modern tech, the TT RS is the first TT model to carry Audi’s famed RS badge – a distinction that’s earned on the track from the moment you step on the gas.

2013 Ford Focus ST — Debuting with the same 247-hp 2.0-liter turbocharged EcoBoost engine from the much larger Ford Explorer SUV, the new Ford Focus ST packs a serious punch

2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera – Like great sculpture, the Superleggera’s chiseled form is carefully considered for maximum impact. That’s where the similarities end, however, because this work of art is best appreciated when it’s moving at top speed.

The Day One edition of “Forza Motorsport 5″ will be available for an estimated retail price $59.99 at launch and is now available for pre-order at participating retailers.

“Forza Motorsport 5″ will be playable at this year’s Gamescom conference in Cologne, Germany. Conference attendees will be able to play an updated build of the game, as well as check out the “Forza Motorsport 5 Limited Edition” cover car – the Audi RS 7 Sportback – on display in the Xbox booth throughout the week.
    To learn more about “Forza Motorsport 5,” please visit the official website.

* The cars featured in the Limited Edition Car Pack and the Day One Edition Car Pack of “Forza Motorsport 5″ have been customized with unique Xbox One liveries and feature custom tunes designed by the developers at Turn 10 to improve performance above their stock counterparts. The stock versions of these cars will also be available on disc in “Forza Motorsport 5.”

** Requires paid Xbox Live Gold subscription for online multiplayer features.

14. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    #14 Str8shooter, Aug 20, 2013
    Microsoft has announced that Forza 5 will feature the Spa Francorchamps circuit and have revealed some new details on that.

The addition of Spa-Francorchamps to “Forza Motorsport 5” will surely be music to Forza fans’ ears. Nestled in the Ardennes countryside of Belgium, the 4.3-mile Spa track is home to legendary corners like “La Source” and “Eau Rouge” and has been one of the most requested tracks from fans since the Forza series’ beginning.

The track is laser-scanned and recreated at 1080p and 60fps. Turn 10 will be releasing more details in the future but here’s what Dan Greenawalt had to say on why the game will be spectacular on the Xbox One.

“For Forza Motorsport 5, we have an incredibly powerful console at our disposal in the Xbox One,” Turn 10 boss Dan Greenawalt said. “To make the most of that power, we had to collect data on tire variables that have never been isolated – to refactor our understanding of tire technology through the lens of a much more powerful console; one that could handle the increasingly complex formulae of heat, slip and weight transfer that our increased understanding demands.

“Thanks to the power of the Xbox One and our Calspan partnership, we are implementing truly cutting edge scientific understanding of tire physics, suspension geometry, and aerodynamics – we’re not implementing the recommendations of last year’s text books, we’re running the tests that will write the vehicle dynamics text books of the next several years.”

Forza 5 to feature Spa Francorchamps Circuit, Recreated at 1080p and 60fps - Gamechup | Video Game News, Reviews, Features, Guides

A few new screen caps Turn 10 has just released.

Looks pretty good to me :D

15. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    #15 SPEEDCORE, Sep 5, 2013
  16. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    Pretty cool if they actual mean 120 new cars to the Forza franchise.

I'm still waiting for Jim's P 4/5 C to show up :D

Forza 5 supports 24 players online, has 120 new cars and dedicated servers - Gamechup | Video Game News, Reviews, Features, Guides

" Amazon france has leaked some new information about Forza Motorsport 5 and car lovers should be pleased with what the game has to offer. It has been revealed that the game has 120 new cars and supports 24 players online.
    The game is a launch title for the Xbox One and uses the power of the cloud. Turn 10 confirmed earlier that Spa Francorchamps and Bathurst circuits will be available in the game for the first time. "

17. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    I hope the new cars are ones you actually want to drive...Horizon has a lot of junkers.

18. Ray G

Ray G Formula 3

Sep 8, 2005
    Newport, RI
    #18 Ray G, Oct 17, 2013
  19. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    Thats the same one thats on the xbox 360 and has been out for 2 years almost. I know that because it came with a 2 year warrenty and I need to redeem that before this december.

It is a bad wheel.

The downshift paddle was very hit or miss and the "start engine" dpad was terrible. It was very frustrating.

The best wheel I had was the microsoft force feedback wheel. I went through two of them but they were great. One had the servo went out but I think that was a result of letting young kids play with it without my supervision. The other had the pedels go out.

Will FM5 only be for Xbox One?

20. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
  21. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    +1
    I loved mine. I need to tinker with them and see if I can fix one of them

22. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    #22 Str8shooter, Oct 20, 2013
    I think the new Thrustmaster wheel for xbox one might look the same as the old one but they have made improvements and they better to justify the $400 price. It also looks like you will be able to add to it like a shifter. Certainly worth investigating if one needs a wheel for the xbox one.

https://www.facebook.com/ThrustmasterXTeam

23. Ferrari-F1

Ferrari-F1 Karting

Jul 12, 2013
    Southern California
    i'm waiting for gran turismo 6 which is released on Dec. 6, 2103

24. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
  25. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    Just saw on another forum the 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO has been confirmed by T10 to be in Forza 5.

With the Credits I get with my LCE I'll be getting it on day one :D