Forza Horizon | Page 15 | FerrariChat

Forza Horizon

Discussion in 'Technology' started by SPEEDCORE, May 27, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. The Speedfighter

The Speedfighter Formula 3

Dec 13, 2006
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Lex
    Sorry for a bit of a late comer :)

But who added me in the F-Chat club?? (The Speedfighter).

Just wanted to say thank you for adding me, and god that F12 is just a bliss to drive!!

Anyone in that club tried my Beetle/500??

2. brookedale

brookedale Rookie

May 24, 2011
    USA
    racing at Laguna for the first time next month-how is Forza at getting to know the various courses around the west coast?

3. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    The March DLC has been announced.

Looks like you have some shopping to do :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3j_tj_lwPo][HD] Forza Horizon - March Meguiar's Car Pack Trailer Xbox 360 - YouTube[/ame]

4. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    The DLC packs are all mostly terrible. Usually only 1 or 2 per month that I even have any interest in at all. In this March one the 360 CS is the only decent car.. maybe the Nissan too.

At least they finally released the VIP car pack for those that didn't have access before.

5. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    And the CS was already in FM4, unicorn car, but it's not like they had to do anything but move the car over to FH.

6. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    Oh boy oh boy oh boy!!! Someone listened to me! :D
    I'm excited for that!
    I will be playing next tuesday and blasting through the tunnels in the Stradale!

In case you didn't notice, the CS is my favorite car :eek:

7. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    #357 Str8shooter, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Glad to see you are getting your favorite car. :D

It would be nearly impossible to please everyone with a single DLC but I think over time they have been doing a good job of releasing something for everyone. On the Forza Horizon forum most of them liked the whole pack with just a few wanting more muscle cars. My favorite is the Zonda R so I'm set but it would be nice if down the road they gave us something completely new like the Corvette Stingray or the new Enzo or even the P 4/5 :D

A few days ago I got to watch this beauty drive by on her way to the Cars on Fifth car show in Naples, FL so I understand your attraction :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    Me too :D
    I immediately did the challenge to get it in fm4 and I enjoy using it.

I'll have to try the zonda r. I have all of the race ferraris so I'll have to try the zonda next.
    We won't see the P4/5 anytime soon but maybe the new corvette will be in the next one

9. TheBigEasy

Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    And the new Mclaren P1 would be nice... and the F70 of course... and all the Porsche's including the CGT and the new 918 Spyder.

10. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    My favorite thing to do is a lap around the Ring in the Zonda R in Forza 4 with the sound cranked up. Not quite as fun in Horizon but still a blast.

11. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    You can d/l the car individually if you don't like the packs... tho they are a tad expensive as single purchases.

I do like the tune for the trailer :eek:

Also what's up with that jump? I don't recall seeing that in the game :\

12. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    I got the zonda r and it sounds great and handles like a dream. I ha a bunch of fun weaving on the high way at 200+. It just sticks to the ground.

13. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    car pack is out. The Nissan R390 is the freebie this month so I got that :eek:

14. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    The whole pack was 400mp so I got that vs 240 for just one car.

I only drove the CS and it feels about the same. I dont remember what mods I had on it for fm4 but it felt somewhat similar. The handling may have been a little off but I can't really comment since I haven't played fm4 in a while nor have I driven the real one. Just put the race tires on it for more fun.

The sound was the important part for me and I was pleased. It seems they didn't do the tunnels right because it was so much better for tunnels in fm4. This is a theme among most cars.

The looks aren't so great. It lacks the shine it had in fm4 and it doesn't quite "pop" the same way. The tach is also orangish (similar to the f12) so I'm not sure what they were thinking/doing there.

Overall, I enjoyed driving around the map in it but it could have been better. Seems to be a common theme with this game- good but lacks that something to push it over the edge.

15. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    I was doing the Rally part last night and remembered about the car pack so I downloaded it at the end but haven't checked out the cars yet.

Lately I've Been playing Far Cry 3 which has a HUGE, open world map with a lot of vehicles to drive. There are about 10 passenger vehicles, a couple 4 wheelers, 3 or 4 boats, a jet ski and hang gliders. You can take them anywhere on the map. One night I got on the jet ski and rode for about an hour exploring the rivers, jumping off waterfalls and taking it off the coast where I went diving with Manta Rays and Sea Turtles before getting attacked by sharks. One thing I like to do is pick the tallest mountain peak in the background, travel to it and when I get to the top I jump off and use my wing suit to see how far I can go. Playing that game I never feel like I have any boundaries and its a true open world.

When I play Forza Horizon I feel like I'm playing in a box. TDU2 gave you much more freedom. Horizon held back in so many ways and it feels like it could've been just an expansion pack for Forza 4. I like playing it but it is very limited.

They are off to a good start. I hope they make a FH 2 and I hope the next gen xbox console is right there with them and they really open up the world. After playing those other games I find it hard to believe that FH was all it could be.

16. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
  17. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    Nothing catches my eye on this one. I'll pass
    I have been playing it recently though. I just started to take a break from it again and am back to fm4. I've gotten as far as I want in both games so I just mess around now.

18. TheBigEasy

Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    All the DLC packs suck. They have the game way too bloated with crap cars.

Where is the new McLaren P1? the new LaFerrari? the new Porsche GT3 and 918 Spyder?

I mean... Ford Transit Van? Really?

19. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    I bet we won't see any of those cars.
    Doesn't Forza have to go scan the car and get a recording of the car's sound and get a bunch of info? I doubt Ferrari and Mclaren will let them do that and EA won't let them get the Porsche's info.
    We might see the Mclaren and Ferrari in the next game but the Porsche is a toss up.
    These packs aren't fantastic and just show they can copy and paste. Nothing new which doesn't suprise me since this game doesn't seem as successful as their normal series.

20. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    #370 Str8shooter, Apr 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Looks like they will have some new stuff available for the game this Tuesday.

I'd much prefer an expansion of the map but anything is welcome at this point :)

" Called 1000 Club Expansion Pack and is available as a Free Download on Xbox Live next Tuesday 16th April. Fans of the series of races may have more than 1000 new challenges and 10 new achievements that together total 250 Gamerscore points, and even offering two brand new cars as a bonus. "

The two new cars are "Ford F100 1956" and "RUF CTR2 1995".

21. 360Doctor

360Doctor Formula Junior

Jun 23, 2007
    United States
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Guess i'll be playing this again to try and get 100% for the 3rd time.

It'll have to wait though, because the new DLC for Black Ops II comes out tomorrow as well.

22. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    I picked up the DLC today. Looks like a fun time sink trying to get the different medals for all the cars but it looks like you will need to buy the car packs to get the 250G... :eek:

23. 360Doctor

360Doctor Formula Junior

Jun 23, 2007
    United States
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I just finished it and am ranked #191 as of my completion. I don't care that it will drop since this will be the 3rd or 4th time completing the game.

I ended up "buying" DLC to get this since i had previously bought the Season Pass and everything was free for me.

Overall- VERY easy to complete yet again, it's just time consuming.

24. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    I have done all the Challenges now except for the drive 150~ cars. I'm actually having lots of fun getting the medals tho it really depends on the car if I go for all 5 or not. I ended up only needing the November pack DLC for the Shelby achievement but all the other cheevs I can do with the standard cars.

:)

25. TheBigEasy

Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Zzzz.. I just went back into Horizon after not playing it for a month or two to get the 1000 club DLC.

After player the regular game to 100% I don't have any desire to go through the 1000 club medals.

I just want LaFerrari vs McLaren P1 car pack.