Forza Horizon | Page 14 | FerrariChat

Forza Horizon

Discussion in 'Technology' started by SPEEDCORE, May 27, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Why is it game over? You don't need to race anyone online to win ;) All you need to do is make a custom game.

2. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Yeah playing it today, I noticed it more. Some sections which were tarmac are now dirt etc.

I'm not concerned about that, but the lack of new roads and only 7 rallies makes the 1600pts asking price steep.

I'm struggling against the hard times (for the achievement) I'm way off the pace :(

3. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Same here...came in just 15th place in my first rally. I didn't think I missed very much and didn't do much heavy braking. Car was modded up...I'd hate to go to an easier level, but I really don't know what I was missing.

4. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Well Stage 2 I was able to get 1st on hard but I did use the rewind feature to fix a few corners. I usually have the rewind option off but I just wanted to get all the achievements :eek:

5. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    I got the pack last night and played through the first four stages to complete the first Rally.

I played on the Hard setting as I've done the entire game and never settle for less than first.
    It took me about two hours to complete the first Rally. First I'll drive the whole track a couple times to familiarize myself with it and not worry about the time. Then I get serious. I don't use rewind and restart when I mess up. Usually what happens is I'll get the first half of the track wired and fly through in the green but mess up in less familiar stuff, start over and get a little farther down the track before having to restart again. Then I'll complete the track with no mistakes but get a top ten finish so I restart and search for ways to gain time. My biggest problem was the hairpin turns that really added time for me. Eventually I was able to negotiate them quick enough to get my first.

My first impression is the racing is really fun. I could recognize the roads but didn't care as they did a nice job of resurfacing them and adding bumps and jumps. I love the feeling you get when you slide around a turn just right or get some air.

It sounds like the Rally part is too short and the racing will be over soon. I'm already wishing there will be more. I'll have fun racing online against a ghost and re race as new cars become available. I'll have to play all the way through before I decide if its worth 1600 pts but I'm not worried about it. On the way to get a points card yesterday I stopped at Five Guys and got a Cheeseburger, fries and large drink for $12 :D

6. 360Doctor

360Doctor Formula Junior

Jun 23, 2007
    United States
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I just didn't find this game as much fun as what I was expecting. Considering I beat the game in a week it didn't sit well with me.

As far as racing online;

"Ghostbuster-----25G
    Win 10 Horizon Rally stages in online multiplayer."

7. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Yeah but you don't actually have to race anyone online to win online ;) It still counts if you race yourself. I did it with a friend because you don't get XP when you race yourself and I was able to level up and win another car :eek:

Also agree, the expectation was high but the delivery was low, I finished in under 2days and now that I have done all the achievements I'm not too bothered to go back and win every rally or actually play the Rally portion ever again. :(

For me racing against the clock(without a ghost car) isn't really fun, they really needed to copy something like DIRT where cars leave the start line only a few seconds after each other. This was nothing but a cash grab. This is what makes people stop buying DLC, 1600 was a joke.

The main game is still fun, a wasted opportunity they could of given us more roads and things to do.

8. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
  9. yoda

yoda F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2004
    UT
    Got this game for Christmas, its been fun so far. The girls all dressed like scantily clad strippers is a bit cheesy, but the actual car driving and outdoor scenery is good.

10. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    That's the only car I want in the pack :(

They need to push out a map pack. :eek:

11. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Based on the fact that they reused roads for the rally add-on I just don't see a map pack coming out.

12. Scott85

Scott85 Formula 3

Dec 16, 2000
    Dayton , OH
    I think they really dropped the ball on this game. The DLC's don't really have any "new" cars in them, just cars from FM4 that aren't in Horizon. I find myself trying to beat friends speed zone/camera times then actually playing the game anymore.

13. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Yep. The cars dont look any better than Forza 4.

Dont really have that much fun racing the computer as you can just brake against them and nothing really happens.

The opponents are sometimes ridiculous..(A Range Rover in a race???).

14. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Very annoying that you can't just buy any of the VIP cars or the pre-order cars.

How can I get the Mercedes SLS, Koenigsegg Agera, Pagani Huayra, RUF Rt 12 R, & Lamborghini Sesto Elemento?

15. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    #340 SPEEDCORE, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Yeah you need to buy the collectors edition to get those cars. With FM3 and FM4 the VIP pack became an option (usually 800pts) after the game had been out for about 6mths~

Your only option at the moment is wait or buy a collectors version (if you can find one).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. 1986245

1986245 Karting

Apr 17, 2009
    Full Name:
    Matt Hardigree
    Think we should put a Ferrari in? I think that might be fun...

17. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    If it had a stradale in it I'd buy it

18. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Most of the cars in this GTA mod are better reproduced than in Forza

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shHaae2aRsg]GTA4 Realistic Car Pack V3 Part2 - YouTube[/ame]

19. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    I don't think they sound nearly as good as they do in Forza. The handling also looks to be pretty awful. They do look good though.

20. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Well yes, these cars are modded by users so they do not have the resources to make them sound as good as in Forza. And yes, the handling is not the same but that's because it's GTA. I just found it sad that they were more precise and with better proportions than what Forza offers.

21. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Actually those GTA cars ARE Forza cars, they pull the cars out of Forza and import them into GTA.

22. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    Looks like some fun cars but nothing to get real excited about.

February DLC

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WV_SGVWINs]February Jalopnik Car Pack Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

23. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Ugh. Terrible.

The Testarossa is the only thing worth getting at all.

24. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    #349 SPEEDCORE, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    They just rip the models from Forza.

Most cars in Forza are around 150-200k polycount. The autovista cars are closer to 700k.

GT5 premium cars are around 200k.

Not just GTA tho, lots of older games rip FM models to put in their games like rfactor/GTR2/TDU2/NFS etc.

The higher resolution is probably why you think the models look more precise/better proportions.

I have been playing TDU2 again recently... horrible horrible handling but if they could make a forza horizons/tdu hybrid game(for next gen) that would be awesome :eek:

25. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    If they put Forza handling and car list ini TDU I would never need another video game ever again.