Forza Horizon | FerrariChat

Forza Horizon

Discussion in 'Technology' started by SPEEDCORE, May 27, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    #1 SPEEDCORE, May 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. BigP1202

BigP1202 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2007
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name:
    Peter
    #2 BigP1202, May 27, 2012
    Last edited: May 27, 2012
    I don't care how much it costs... This is buy!

EDIT: I just browsed the Car Wish List thread. Some of the suggested additions are just mind boggling. What would honestly make you want to drive a 97 Pontiac Grand Am GT, Lexus GS300, Infinity G20, or a 95 Chevy S10 in an open world environment.

3. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    Maybe if they own that car? I wouldn't want to though.

4. BigP1202

BigP1202 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2007
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I still don't see it...

5. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    Some people might want to combine their dream garage with their regular one.
    I still don't see why they would want to drive a car they own on a video game(especially non sports cars) but I think i understand their reasoning.

6. Mowgli

Mowgli Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2009
    Bristol, CT
    Having the vehicle they own helps blend imagination/fantasy with reality. It's why I love Gran Turismo 5.

7. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    +1 that's what I was trying to get at. You have the choice to be reasonable or go all out with a car youay never own.

Back to the game, I'm looking forward to this. I wanted an open world type deal with FM4 but this is the next best thing. I had a good idea of what they should do (in my mind) to incorporate the track and street world. I guess that's too much for one game so now we get two!!
    The last good open world game that I played was NFS Carbon or NFS MW. NFS hot pursuit was alright but they made the free roam world so realistic that the cars weren't realistic at all and the driving was a bit week and unrealistic that I felt the game wasn't right and not that great. I guess I need to pick up TDU as I've never played it before.

The scenery looks great so far and it looks like they'll be incorporating the latest cars. Hopefully they'll have a nice selection of Porsches (including the most recent ones) and it'd be great if the F70 was in it. :)

8. BlackBird007

BlackBird007 F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2010
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    The thing with GT5 is that there is 20-30 variations of one car.

9. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    It's been like that since GT1.

I'm interested in how the cars are going to handle the rumours have been leaning towards an arcadey system.

I don't mind arcade but make it fun... TDU2 wtf was going on there...

10. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    Darn. Arcadey is fun, but I have NFS HP for that. Hand brake 180 degree turns at 250+mph and not crashing.
    I'd like to see realistic handling in this game because that's what forza is all about. Their motto is "where dreams are driven" I think that is them trying to take a fantasy (driving, lets say, a Zonda) and turning it into a reality (piloting that beast around a track with a realistic sound and handling)
    An owner here said the CS handling in game was pretty good compared to the real deal. Hopefully I'm not misquoting him.
    Of course the games aren't 100% realistic but I think turn 10 has strived for it and stepping away from that would be stupid.

11. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Are we really sure it's open world, like really open world? From the trailer released last year I wasn't totally convinced. It seemed like a cross country rally (Gumball, Gold Rush, etc). If they would make a totally open world game like TDU with Forza physics and graphics I will pay hundreds for it, but thanks to TDU2 I'm not getting my hopes up. I've been hoping for a game like this for decades and I just don't believe it can actually ever exist, T10 will find a way to f it up.

12. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    I haven't seen the trailer so I'm going off others comments. If it is open world with realistic graphics and characteristics, it will be a great game. I really hope they do that. Either way I'll buy it.

13. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    We wont know till E3 next week but M$ did say "a gorgeous open-road world that begs to be explored".

Does that mean open world like NFS:Mostwanted/TDU or does that mean NFS The Run?

I doubt it would be a track based game, as it's a spinoff to the Forza series. I guess it's a stop gap because rumours are FM5 will be on the next console.

14. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    I sure hope it's open world. E3 will hopefully release full details and shoe us some gsmeplay. A beta this summer wouldn't hurt since this is unchartered territory for T10

Next console? Crap! :mad: That means I have to pay M$ more money!!! Not cool. How much you want to bet they screw up the cooling system again?

15. Systo

Systo Karting

Feb 15, 2007
    Plano
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    In the bigger screen shot it looks more like the driver is wearing helmet. While I've driven with a helmet on on public roads (mainly to break it in a bit) I don't see why a video game would have that unless they weren't on a closed track of sorts. And with all of the lights in the background of the box art and the openness middle of nowhere screenshot I'm going to guess Point A to B races similar to the Silver State Classic.

16. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Just to clear it, it's a joint venture with Playground Games who are all ex-Bizarre Creations employees who made games like Project Gotham Racing, 2 F1 games in the 90's and Blur...

T10 dude knows how to talk **** for 6.5mins.... lol
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbsGB-KdSwc[/ame]

17. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Depending on the open world environment/free roam/cruise, the 'normal' cars may be cars used for traffic so they don't use ugly blocky no-name cars that are driveable.

18. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    That would be awesome, imagine have full res traffic cars.

19. vettesrule76

vettesrule76 Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2011
    Full Name:
    Brad
    #20 vettesrule76, Jun 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    DUDE!! i live in colorado and i drive by this exit all the time! ward and 44th. exit 266. they left out all the buildings and put some non-existing hills and trees there. but on the right there should be a lake! theres lakes on the right in real life. cant wait to drive in colorado on roads i drive pretty much everyday!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. vettesrule76

Jun 12, 2011
    Full Name:
    Brad
  21. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
  22. vettesrule76

Jun 12, 2011
    Full Name:
    Brad
    same! this is going to be awesome. i hope they show some actual gameplay at E3.

23. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    They will, especially with an Oct ship date. That is one thing I'll commend T10 for is not having release dates decades in the future. I hate when companies start announcing games a year or more before they will come out, this way I only have to think about it for 6 months and it's really not that far away.

24. DiabloTerr

DiabloTerr Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2010
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Terrance Findley
    If Forza Horizon lets me pull up to a gas station in an F50 and Diablo SV and have my character open the door and go through the motion of putting gas in the cars, my life will be MOSTLY complete!