Forza 3 | Page 65 | FerrariChat

Forza 3

Discussion in 'Technology' started by fiorano94, Sep 15, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    21st September in North America. 24th everywhere else.

2. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Really?

F1 2010 is out on the 24th. :( They should of released the games 2 weeks apart bad marketing by Atari. The F1 game will surely be bigger.

3. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    They're made to compete, Atari aren't going to say well that game will wipe the floor with us lets release out game a week later. But it is annoying that both are released the same day, and I've pre-ordered F1 so I think I'll wait a bit for TDU2.

4. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Hmm no. Look at all the game release dates of the past and future and it's rare for 2 titles of the same genre to be released within days of each other(on the same system).

Unless of course it's codemasters that put the date out to kill TDU2 sales. It's hard to say as Codemasters said Sept in March but the actual date was release later on, where as Atari didn't release a date till June.

Anyway I'm getting F1 1st. :eek:

I'm slowly grinding Forza3 I'm now 80% thru the game.

5. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Did anyone buy this months DLC? Any good?

6. sgsuperman105

sgsuperman105 Karting

Nov 9, 2009
    Texas
    Full Name:
    C.R.
    No DLC this month. Its come to a crawl as far as that goes. The Turn10 guys are focusing on the upcoming Forza with Kinect so there wont be that much DLC coming out the rest of the year.

7. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Looks like the dudes @ Atari read this thread. They have delayed TDU2 till early next year :eek:

Also I hit 100% complete (gold races) today! Was a bit of a grind but wanted to get it out of the way before F12010 came out. :eek:

Only achievement left is the 100k drift in 1 lap :eek:

8. YellowS2KVTEC

YellowS2KVTEC Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2009
    Colorado Springs
    Wow nice job! thats nuts!

All gold in all races is crazy!

Next time your on we should get into a private match, its much better than all of the public lobbys.

9. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    woo woo I just did my 100k drifto lap :D therefore I have 1k'd the game :D

For anyone else having troubles doing the 100k lap achievement, I found a guide online that really helped me from not really ever drifting in the game to almost a pro! haha.
    Since you are going for the achievement you really need to use the rewind button, if you don't hit 1k a corner do it again(and again).

Following the green line is key to making a good corner and when to press the drift button.

I had some practice laps last nite and was getting close to 90k.

My 1st attempt today I got 99,150~ haha. Then I hit 110k over the line using that tunnel guide.

You should be on 40k on the back straight. After the 4th tunnel you really need to get the chains up I was getting 5000-9000 pts from multiple corners.

Don't worry too much about getting 100k on the 1st lap, just get familiar with the course, it feels good when you get a few chains going and not needing to rewind :eek:

:D

Ohh I checked my stats, once I removed my online wins its around 1100~ wins to get Gold.... it really is a grind. :eek:

10. sgsuperman105

sgsuperman105 Karting

Nov 9, 2009
    Texas
    Full Name:
    C.R.
    Sunday, August 29th starting at noon, a friend and I will be running 50 Laps of The Nurburgring. The race is calculated to take just over 6 hours and in the game we will be covering 640 miles. I will be running a custom painted X-class Aston Martin/Lola (pictures below) and my friend will be running a Porsche 962. Early runs produced a fastest lap of 5:45 seconds for me and 6:30 for my friend. I will be tweeting as much as I can through the event (during pit stops and small breaks) and I will post a picture showing the number on the screen Lap 50/50. The video from the run will be up on the storefront, just search sgsuperman105. You can follow me on twitter, just search sgsuperman105 (I know, my originality is astounding).

Here is the car I will be using.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. YellowS2KVTEC

YellowS2KVTEC Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2009
    Colorado Springs
    Sweet! I just did a similar thing with 20 laps. Very intense but so so so much fun love doing it in the r1 cars.

12. sgsuperman105

sgsuperman105 Karting

Nov 9, 2009
    Texas
    Full Name:
    C.R.
    I did the 50 Laps of Nurburgring today. I have to say, for a video game, that was really exhausting. I was using a tuned Aston/Lola and the concentration required gave me a splitting headache. I cant imagine doing that kind of racing in real life in a car that fast and that sensitive.

My official time was 5 hours 10 minutes and 30 seconds. Here is the proof pic.
    [​IMG]

Needless to say, the xbox will be off for a couple days.

13. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Ultimate Edition anyone?

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/Forza_Motorsport_3_Ultimate_Collection/

Now this is milking it :eek:

14. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
  15. 430rcks

430rcks F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2009
    West Palm Beach
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Is anyone else's freezing up as the track is loading?

Mine's not scratched. I know it isn't. The only time it's EVER out of the case is when I'm playing it.

I know it's not my system. It works fine with every other game.

Forza is the only one that messes up

16. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    It used to do it for me. I just cleaned the disc and it stopped doing it.

17. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I have given Forza the benefit of the doubt much longer than others have. But I think they have finally shot themselves in the foot for good. I purchased the collectors edition at launch and all the subsequent DLC, much of it very below average. After 3 months of nothing I spy the SLS, LFA and CCX, which seems like a light at the end of the tunnel, until they tell me I must buy another copy of the game which includes everything I have already bought. SCREW YOU FORZA.

I'm going to go trade in Forza and whatever pittance Gamestop gives me is going on my GT5 preorder, I'm done.

18. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I would do the same if I had a Ps3.

19. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    This.

T10 blows.

20. Stefan_009

Stefan_009 Formula Junior

Aug 10, 2008
    Boston area, MA
    Full Name:
    Stefan
    my friend has a bunch of CR and hes trying to trade them, 10 million for a 1600 point card.
    if anyones interested pm me.

as far as the ultimate edition, ill probably still buy it and trade in my regular one.

21. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Err every game(that's popular) that has released DLC does this. EVER GAME! It's how the industry works. Wait 12mths and you get a way better game for less money while everyone that put the effort of buying the game 1st gets royally ****ed over. I'd be surprised if GT5 doesn't do this.

It's nothing new either. I remember buying NFS: SE which was half the price of NFS and had 2 extra tracks. They did the same with NFS2.

I'd wait to see if the SLS, LFA, CCX are actually just for the new copies, there was an outrage with the VIP packs and they offered them to everyone eventually.

22. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I realize, but this is a bit different. At least in the past everytime I have run into this there isn't anything new offered, or the cost wasn't that much. But this time I have spent probably in the range of $200 and now they want me to rebuy everything just for some new cars they know people badly want and purposely left out of DLC. If the ultimate edition was eveything and cost $5 I couldn't care less, but they added new cars they know we want, thats what pisses me off.

23. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I wouldnt mind buying a new game if it had much more than 10 new cars...

24. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    I noticed there is the ultimate edition sample pack(100mb 1 free car) on the marketplace but no option to buy the 10 cars :confused:

25. dharmadan

dharmadan Karting

Feb 8, 2005
    PA USA
    Full Name:
    dan r
    I see the "Ultimate Collection" contains everything, except the VIP Pack in the Limited Edition. $30 -- okay.

Can you help me with car setup?

I'm doing the 3 "giant" laps, for R3: 'Ring, that Japan mountain, and the tight coastal city course.

In a uber-430, I was able to win the 'Ring, but am dying in the coastal city one. I'm having horrible understeer, and have softened the front sway bar at least 30-clicks. Am I just on the throttle too much? The AI cars get around fine, while accelerating hard.

Thanks in advance!