Fortune Motors Track Day - March 11, 2005 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Fortune Motors Track Day - March 11, 2005

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by 308nut, Nov 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. resnow

resnow Formula Junior

May 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bob Snow
    Wade,

Thanks for hosting such a great track day!! The cars were outstanding, lunch was good, the weather definitely was in our favor, but the people made the day (and it was capped off with the Wolfpack whipping those deacons).

I'l post my pictures here soon.

Bob

2. Europeanroadandracing

Europeanroadandracing South Carolina
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 19, 2003
    Isle of Palms, SC
    Full Name:
    Karl Troy
    Wade, I also had a great time. Thanks. I enjoyed meeting alot of the guys. Unfortunately most of them weren't as good looking as they sound on F-chat.
    haha.
    A nice variety of cars and lots of tracktime. It was nice to see everyone.

Karl Troy ( 944 S2)

3. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
  4. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    Yeah thanks Wade! I had an awesome time, and will do it again if you decide to.

Nice meeting everyone. We had a great goup of very friendly drivers. I don't know what Karl is talking about I look ugly even on f-chat. bwaahaaa

Fender has my video tape and I think he's gonna put it all together, so I can't wait to see that.

THANKS!!!

5. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

I'm anxious to see the video of a certain, unidentified 348 flying off the track into the sand pits! From this point forward, I'm going to call resnow by his new name, "Sandy". Thanks a ton Sandy... it took me HOURS to clean my car today ! :) Just kidding, it was worth it in laughter to take that little excursion.

Huge kudos to Fortune Motors for a great event! Huge thanks to resnow (aka Sandy) for hauling my 348 on his trailer, and (seriously) showing me his great driving skills on a slippery track with marginal tires.

I love the smell of burning brakes in the morning... smells like victory!

-Daniel

6. fms650

fms650 Karting

Aug 7, 2004
    Charlotte
    Full Name:
    Fender
    Thank you to everyone for coming out. We truly had a GREAT time planning the event and seeing everyone. I have about 4 hours of footage which will be placed into the DVD. Insane in car footage from the F40, 944 Turbo, Boxster, Z4 and Stradale. The video has all been transferred to hard drive and will now be edited. What a mean Maserati! Thank you again to all...we are looking forward to the next event!

Fender

7. Europeanroadandracing

Dec 19, 2003
    Isle of Palms, SC
    Full Name:
    Karl Troy
    Thanks for including me in the list of rides but it is not a 944 Turbo. It is a normally aspirated 944 S2.( I wish it was a turbo) May be then I could have caught the challenge car. haha

Karl
    www.europeanroadandracing.com

8. resnow

resnow Formula Junior

May 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bob Snow
    #58 resnow, Mar 12, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    Oh and many thanks to Duncan with the F40, I have a bruise a few inches long across my leg below my knee from where it would rub the dash under those incredible brakes lol!

10. Europeanroadandracing

Dec 19, 2003
    Isle of Palms, SC
    Full Name:
    Karl Troy
    I love the fact that Duncan would take such a perfect example of an F40 and use it the way he does. Every Ferrari owner should have such a great attitude about his pride and joy. Beautiful Car, great guy.( Don't get exited, I am married)

Karl

11. 308nut

308nut Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 22, 2002
    NOLA/Covington
    Full Name:
    Wade
    I can't tell you guys how much fun this was, we had a blast. Hey don't forget Fortune Motors is now Auto Corsa. Can't wait to see Fenders video, the participants certainly made this event a success. Can't wait for #2. Later guys going to nurse my cold. That wind played hell with me.

Wade

12. bruceski3

bruceski3 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    East TN
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Wow what a day !! The rain held off until the end with just a little bit of a sprinkle and a nice Rainbow in the background (actually two rainbows side by side). I will load up the pictures I got in the next couple of days once I get a chance.
    I had a great time at the Track and Karl can drive like no ones business in the little Stock 944 S2 Porsche. Whew !!
    We couldn't catch the Ferrari Stradale in the straightaways but we were all over him in the corners of 5,6,7 carrying the momentum thru there. After a couple of laps on the bumper of the Stradale he motioned us on by to pass him. That was classic !!
    Plus the F40 Ride was very SWEET. The Brakes and the acceleration on that thing is incredible. I tried to catch a glimpse of how fast we were going in the F40 but he had it disconnected :( .
    I do have a few videos on my camera of the F40 and the Ferrari Challenge 360 doing a passby coming up on turn 1. It's not that great but its pretty interesting.

13. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    Hey Bob(Sandy)

I like that blue man group shot. The first pic you posted. Flatspot(getn passd/jackrussell) looks good in blue painter tape haha.

Actually I didn't know you guys went off, what happened? It sounds like a good story.

14. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    Suuuuweeeeeeet!!! Can't wait to see the whole thing!

Hey how did the camera mount video come out?

15. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    yes def. need to see all of that!!!

16. borkap

borkap Rookie

Jan 6, 2004
    Greensboro NC
    Thanks to Tesseract giving me his spot I was able to tag along with you guys. I had a great time but the lemon ran out of brakes and sprung a small coolant leak. It made it home fine which is more than I can say for the Porsche with the broken lower control arm. That thing looked like someone took a hacksaw to it.

as for those pictures I have to say that little yellow car is by far the best looking car out there. ;)

I enjoyed seeing the people I knew and meeting the people I didnt know.

If anyone has video of the yellow miata I would love to see it.

Thanks Again to Tesseract for making this happen for me, and thanks to jack russell racing for being just a swell guy and letting me know about it.

You guys are top notch!

17. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    Hey Borka.......FMS650 has the video and is working on it. I'm glad my Porsche held up much better, but then again I wasn't wagging the tail over the rumble strips either. Yay mid-engine balance.

18. Europeanroadandracing

Dec 19, 2003
    Isle of Palms, SC
    Full Name:
    Karl Troy
    I thought that's what the rumble strips were for. Now you tell me.
    My P-car didn't seem to mind though.
    Cheers

Karl

19. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford

That guy had his car 90 degrees from the intended direction a couple of times. I never saw you get to squirly Karl. Also using the rumble strips vs hitting them is totally different! I guess I should charge for this mind blowing new information on track driving.....hahahahahaha

Anyone know the outcome of that guys AAA tow truck call? Or does anyone know the guy with the white boxster s? He mentioned selling his turbo wheels, so an email addy would be appreciated.

20. IROC_DIS

IROC_DIS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    craig w.
    howd the little turbo miata do compared to all the fcars?

21. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    I don't know about everyone else, but compared to my P-car Boxster S he was fairly even overall. He only had 10psi and even at that he was fast down the straights. I was surprised though even with his dot race rubber I was with him in the corners. I had a passenger video an entire run where we were close together, so once I get that footage I'll post it up. ohhhh man this just makes me want to get back to the track!!!

22. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

I wouldn't necessarily call it a "little turbo miata". He held his own, on about 1/10 the budget !

It would make ol' Dr Who (Dale in TX) proud.

-Daniel

23. Europeanroadandracing

Dec 19, 2003
    Isle of Palms, SC
    Full Name:
    Karl Troy
    Speaking of 1/10th the budget. That 944 S2 is For Sale and as you guys have seen it outran everything there except the cars in the racegroup. Even there it was only 3 sec/lap behind the 360 Challenge. If anybody that's not embarassed to drive a Porsche wants more details please email me privately at [email protected].

Karl