Fortnite Set to Add Ferrari to Latest Season | FerrariChat

Fortnite Set to Add Ferrari to Latest Season

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by WJHMH, Jul 21, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I really don't get it, I don't even play the game but oh well.

by Andrew Evans.

Barely a year after famous mass conflict title Fortnite Battle Royale added its first driveable cars, one of the biggest names in the automotive world is set to join the roster: Ferrari.

The information was first teased across social media on Tuesday, with various websites reporting an accidental mention of the Ferrari name within the patch notes for the v17.20 update the same day.

However things have got a little more overt since then, with the official Fortnite Twitter account posting a close-up shot of a part of a car, centered on the Ferrari shield, showing the FortniteBattle Bus in reflection:

It’s not entirely clear which Ferrari is coming to the game, or even if it’s just a single car or many. The image appears to show a Ferrari SF90 Stradale in Rosso Fiorano, though it remains to be seen if this is the case.

The appearance of Ferrari in Fortnite is unusual for both brands. Epic Games only added driveable cars to the title back in May 2020, and the vehicles added are exclusively fictional. Meanwhile Ferrari has rarely appeared outside of driving games — and other than occasional Need for Speed entries, more serious driving games at that. It seems incongruous for it to appear in a battle royale title.

Nonetheless, it appears that Fortnite players will soon be able to whip about the island in some fancy Italian supercars. There’s no word yet on when this may be though: Season 7 has already started, and the relevant update is live as of July 20.

2. SmokyDave

SmokyDave Karting

Jul 13, 2015
    England

A lot more specificity in this tweet. It's an unexpected, but logical demographic. The top players of this game that monetise their 'streams' make an awful lot of money, and spend it as quickly as it comes.

Andynyc likes this.
  3. SmokyDave

SmokyDave Karting

Jul 13, 2015
    England
    Something I forgot to mention (and unfortunately cannot now edit into my post). Ferrari and Epic Games are no strangers due to Ferrari’s usage of the Unreal Engine for some model renders. As such, it’s relatively light work to pop the configurator model into the game.

I did find myself wondering how much Unreal Engine was doing during the unveiling of the 296.

Andynyc and anunakki like this.
  4. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    The best advertising you can get

Andynyc likes this.
  5. Booker

Booker Formula 3