Formula BMW Racing school @ Bahrain | FerrariChat

Formula BMW Racing school @ Bahrain

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by Tom(Atl), Sep 18, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tom(Atl)

Tom(Atl) Formula Junior

Oct 29, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Has anyone here been to the Formula BMW 3-day racing school with Paul Spooner at the Bahrain GP circuit? Is it worth it for 2200 BD?

If not, has anyone been to the Bahrain GP circuit (in any vehicle)? How is the circuit?

2. billyboy360

billyboy360 Rookie

Nov 12, 2005
    Have not been to the FBMW school but few of my karting friends have and said it was great.

3. Funinthesun

Funinthesun Rookie

Aug 11, 2007
    Bahrain
    Full Name:
    Salman
    The circuit is fantastic to drive but can be hard on brakes like any modern F1 track ... As for the school I have heard only good things but have not experienced it myself to give a definitive answer .. Paul is a good instructor and very thorough so I wouldnt worry as long as he was doing the teaching

Hope that helps

4. MATT360

MATT360 Karting

Jun 8, 2007
    London
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I've just done the course and taken part in one race day. THE BEST MONEY YOU WILL EVER SPEND !!!!!!!!!!!

5. Tom(Atl)

Tom(Atl) Formula Junior

Oct 29, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Great, I have been hoping someone would post here! Can you share your experience? Did you do the three day course, or a one day course? Was Paul Spooner teaching your class?

The cost is now 1,940 BHD (5,135 USD) including Insurance for 3 days, Full Racing SafetyGear/Suites and Certificate. That is for the next class on Jan 17-19. I want to go then, but I'll be in Thailand that week. The timing never works out. I think that is the rainy season in Bahrain anyway. I'd like to go later in the year.

If anyone else from F-chat wants to go in the future, let me know. We can get a nice discount if I sign up two people (I know this for a fact).

6. berkg

berkg Rookie

Dec 31, 2007
    Montreal
    I have heard good things about the school...I know a couple of people who have attended but I dont think a single one paid the full price or anything at all :)

7. Tom(Atl)

Tom(Atl) Formula Junior

Oct 29, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I know they are negotiable on the price when it's not full, but can you tell me how that works?

8. arezzo

arezzo Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2003
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    SH
    Would love to see how it rolls

9. Tom(Atl)

Tom(Atl) Formula Junior

Oct 29, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Anyone have ideas on a different message board where I may get more responses?