FORMULA 1 VTB RUSSIAN GRAND PRIX 2020.....RACEDAY ▄▀▄▀ Spoilers ▀▄▀▄ | Page 12 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 VTB RUSSIAN GRAND PRIX 2020.....RACEDAY ▄▀▄▀ Spoilers ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by DF1, Sep 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Hammer meets nail.

kraftwerk and william like this.
  2. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Getting rid of the PC and the-sky-is-falling attitude after the Bianchi accident would also go a long way in reducing the need for safety cars.

And don't get me even started about "rolling starts" behind the SC when there is rain at the start. That's about the lamest thing F1 ever did.

kraftwerk likes this.
  3. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    They could look for alternative material for parts that get damaged in shunts (wings, floors, etc...).
    Why not have them in aluminium?

kraftwerk and tifosi12 like this.
  4. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Translated for the US market. Two nations divided by a common language :cool:

ricksb, kraftwerk and william like this.
  5. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Sorry Seb - you are simply slow lol !

Ferrari contradict Vettel: Didn’t have speed to pass

Ferrari has denied using Sebastian Vettel to hold up the Renaults for Charles Leclerc at Sochi, saying the German “didn’t have the speed” on the day.
    While Charles Leclerc raced to Ferrari’s best result in recent weeks, sixth at the Russian Grand Prix, Vettel brought his SF1000 home in 13th place, a lap down on the race winner.

6. simpen

simpen Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2016
    I remember a few years ago when steward investigations were exceptions. Now, it has a similiar effect to the VAR in football: every time a goal is scored, you wait whether or not the VAR will call it off. F1 has quickly followed in this respect, more often than not the ranking of cars crossing the finish line is amended due to some penalty or other. The skill of not-getting-a-penalty is worth about a couple of tenths a lap nowadays ;)

william likes this.
  7. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Initially IIRC when Todt took over, one of his quotes was to stop the inconsistencies in stewards rulings, this latest race altering penalty certainly raises question's if anything has been done about it.
    I have no problem with the rules per se, I may not agree with all of them but,as long as they are in effect for all in a consistent manner, and not used for spicing up the show.

8. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I may accept that sanctions are justified for wrong behavior during a race.
    But dishing out time penalties that completely ruin a race for misdemeanours in the pit late before a race is simply ridiculous, IMO.
    I think the stewards role in the outcome of races is now going too far.
    I would say the same about the excessive use of safety cars.
    In case of incident, they should simply neutralise that sector with a controled speed limit, but keep the racing for the rest of the circuit.

kraftwerk likes this.
  9. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    1) weight
    2) structural stiffness

10. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I'm sure they could factor those and overcome both if they wanted.