FORMULA 1 ROLEX BELGIAN GRAND PRIX-->RACE▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 10 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 ROLEX BELGIAN GRAND PRIX-->RACE▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Aug 30, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

No mercy lol :)

2. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  3. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    ^^^ Shambolic headlines as expected. Funny how Vettel says that without the public at monza, he’ll suffer less. Ferrari are a joke. Oh the horror. The horror...

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Indeed. Monza will be bad for the team.

And: Mugello, their 1000th GP anniversary on their home track will likely even be worse. Add insult to injury.

subirg, jgonzalesm6 and william like this.
  5. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    Yes. I bought two on the F1 website; was planning on taking on my best friend.

6. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    The race hammy will win his 91 races, equalling Michael.
    More than painful ..

Col. Kurtz and tifosi12 like this.
  7. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Suffer less:: from the car not being so slow, or from the throngs of Boos......

8. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    What if Michael was retained for 2 more years at Ferrari.........how the world might have been different.......

9. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Against no opposition--well there's always Max.

+1 Agree

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  10. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Okay guys, some tech here (since 1986....thank-you Renault)

Ferrari: Did the air leak cause engine problems?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Charles Leclerc's SF1000 during the Belgian GP had to resort to two compressed air supplies during pit stops to compensate for a pressure loss in the pneumatic valve return system. If a gasket is broken, it must be checked that the 6-cylinder distribution system was not affected before the Italian GP in Monza.

Charles Leclerc ended the Belgian GP with two top ups of air due to a leak in the pneumatic return system of the engine valves. The first team to introduce this solution in F1 was Renault in 1986 and since then all the engines have been equipped with this solution which made it possible to avoid the "flicker" of the valves, especially when the rpm had reached around 20,000 rpm. .

On the SF1000 there is a cylinder of compressed air which is placed under the radiators in the left belly which feeds a high pressure system which allows the instant recall of the valves, having replaced the traditional springs, which are much heavier and less reliable.

Valve of an F1 engine with the pneumatic return system at the spring post

Each team knows exactly what the air consumption per lap is, so it happens that there may be a small leak in the system which can be remedied with a "top up" that can be carried out by a mechanic during the pit stop.

Ferrari SF1000: the arrow points to the air top-up flap

On the side of the Rossa, in fact, there is a flap that opens inwards (note the arrow indicating the opening) within which it is possible to "fill up" with air from a hand cylinder that is connected to the compressed air circuit, restoring pressure to a system that could otherwise cause the 6 cylinders to fail.

Two interventions were required on Leclerc's Ferrari: the first on lap 10 which extended the stop to 10 ”4 and the second on lap 29 with a 5” 0 stop. The fact that an intervention was not enough indicates that the air loss was much greater than expected, a sign that a seal on the engine 2 of the Monegasque must have broken.

Charles finished the race fourteenth behind his teammate, Sebastian Vettel, but the question that can be asked is whether the 065/2 suffered in the distribution system at times when the air pressure dropped worryingly?

In short, could the reliability of Charles's engine be at risk for Monza, the “temple of speed” where the engines are in full swing for 79% of the lap?

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-ferrari-la-perdita-daria-ha-creato-problemi-al-motore/4866932/&prev=search&pto=aue

DF1 likes this.
  11. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Like i said, the whole thing is in a mess. And i have no idea anything about IRL, it's not being followed in this part of the world.

12. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Frankly Bas, I've lost all hope. I've been following F1 since the mid 90s, and this current era is the worst. There's no progress. It's bland, there's no excitement, whatsoever. Each year, i hear, read, and think the same thing...'next year will be better'. I've been saying this since 2009. Enough.

jpalmito and Bas like this.
  13. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I don't blame you. I've not watched F1 as regularly as I can over the last couple of years. This year I've had numerous races where I just watched the start, watch a few laps then turn it off.

Remy Zero likes this.
  14. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Amazing to think that between 1999 - 2006, I only missed the 2006 French GP live. These days, i don't give a rat's sass

jpalmito and Bas like this.