FORMULA 1 PIRELLI GRAND PRIX DU CANADA 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 43 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 PIRELLI GRAND PRIX DU CANADA 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Jun 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Binotto to RAI Sport: Knowing Seb he will come out stronger than before from what happened. The image of him moving the position signs under the podium was a moment of authenticity and I think his reaction in that situation is understandable and therefore also appreciable.

Binotto to RAI Sport: "Looking at the images and data that we have available, we are convinced that Seb has not done anything wrong. He made a mistake but we think he only tried to recover the car. He slowed down and returned to the track safely."

Binotto says that Ferrari has withdrawn from the appeal but evaluate the right to review: "For our part we are collecting all available data, trying to bring new elements to eventually have a different decision. We'll see in what form, but we are definitely working hard on this"

Binotto about the upcoming race weekend at Paul Ricard: "I think the #FrenchGP circuit will be more difficult for us. It's similar to Barcelona than Canada. But we also know we want to do well and measure ourselves with a little bit of confidence."

P.Singhof, stavura and daytona355 like this.
  2. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    It's a very tight spot, for any Ferrari appeal.

If the "new evidence" shows that Vettel was sliding, out-of-control, all the way across the track ... then Hamilton really was pushed off-track by an "unsafe rejoin". It certainly won't help Vettel's case to claim that it somehow wasn't "unsafe" because the car was out-of-control all the way across the track!

If the "new evidence" shows that Vettel regained control, maybe half-way across the track ... then Vettel executed an illegal block, by not allowing enough room within the official track boundaries for an alongside car.

Is it possible for the decision of an appeal to be an even worse time penalty?

ATBNM3 and william like this.
  3. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Think the second option is most likely.

Worse time penalty ? omg that really would cause his head to explode!

ATBNM3 and william like this.
  4. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    The whole things a farce, penalties for spinning and getting your car under control before hitting the barriers, off track, that’s celebrated, not penalised. Next time, Seb needs to let the car go and take the Mercedes out properly, big time, million pieces and Elton end up sitting in his safety tub playing with a disconnected steering wheel. Then, when they try to penalise Seb, the appeal states that last time he saved the car, he was penalised, so you can’t penalise for the opposite action, as that sets a precedent where you are penalised regardless of outcome, which doesn’t make any sense. Imagine the uproar if Seb HADNT collected the car? Jesus, Elton’s fans would be calling for the death penalty, ****wits

Tackleberry, Nortonious and furoni like this.
  5. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Pardon my ignorance but who is the crew member with Seb and what is his title?

6. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

If out of control and sliding, which did not appear apparent as he 'blocked' LH, then I could see the decision standing as is. They gave out the same penalty similar episodes it seems. Why make more free press for something, if in the midfield would not matter on this forum.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  7. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas

Martin Brundle gives his final opinion.

I can translate for those that don't get it still.

furoni, Tackleberry, stavura and 4 others like this.
  8. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Probably his skating instructor.

9. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I think you are right, I seem to remember them from a photo of Elton at the local roller skating disco a few years ago, these people do get around working for the drivers eh? Hahahahahahaha

10. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
  11. marioz

marioz Formula 3

Nov 21, 2003
    Cedar Mills,Ontario
    Full Name:
    Mario
    375+ and crinoid like this.
  12. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    And the fix is in......FFS Anyone that says the FIA isn’t Elton’s nanny is clearly misguided given this, just the latest of the clear and unchecked bias of the FIA. As long as they understand that every one of these stupid decisions is another nail in the f1 coffin, and there aren’t that many left to pin down on that lid at the moment

13. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
  14. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    They should penalize Zanardi for that, Herta had to touch the brakes!

If only Herta drove a Mercedes...

Nortonious likes this.
  15. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas

Funnily enough i think it would be brilliant if they excluded Vettel from the race.

Make it even clearer: Thou shalt not finish ahead of a Mercedes, Thou Shalt Not dare question the Authority of the MIA.

16. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Oh Good Lord.

And before this age of onboard cameras, full-track coverage, telemetry, and steward full microscopic cavity searches the two racing drivers would have met in parc ferme:

"Nice save in the grass back there mate"

"Yeah, it was close, huh?"

"Yes, I gambled on the outside...probably a good thing for both of us you saved it"

FIA - ruining F1 one race at a time.

daytona355 and crinoid like this.
  17. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Vettel cracked under the pressure again... when Hamilton comes to Ferrari so does the WDC

18. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Lol. Are you a failed comedian?

fil, stavura and Nortonious like this.
  19. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I hope that never happens, and I would be very disappointed if Hamilton did that move.

20. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Why, because then you would see him fail as well and you have to admit that there was nothing "magical" about him?

fil, stavura and daytona355 like this.
  21. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    What's funny is why on earth would Hamilton want to leave Mercedes?

Terra and crinoid like this.
  22. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Exactly !

Once you have tasted the best, why would you want to try the rest.

I think he will stay at Mercedes until he retires.

Terra likes this.
  23. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Please, don't show this to the FIA or they mioght penalize Gerhard for being a racing driver!!

24. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Also in Hockenheim, Gerhard told the story how he decided to overtake one car with 2 wheels on the grass, and he succeded, so, next time arouns, and since the car in front was blocking him, he decided to put all 4 wheels in the grass at full speed...well it ended up in a huge spin!!! Those where the days guys, driver with balls in the track and grid girls on the grid, instead of deciding if a move was legal or ilegal...

375+, stavura, Nortonious and 3 others like this.
  25. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Ferrari has confirmed they requested the right to review in regard to the Vettel penalty at Montreal.

Laurent Mekies worked for the FIA and he was the first to say that there are 'ways' to overturn the verdict.

hypothetical:

"Since we are approaching the #FrenchGP weekend, if the case gets re-opened again, I think there is the possibility that the stewards in Paul Ricard will look into the matter and not necessarily the stewards in Canada. So maybe that is what Ferrari was aiming for, new stewards ?"

daytona355 likes this.