FORMULA 1 PIRELLI BRITISH GRAND PRIX 2021 - SILVERSTONE - THE RACE - ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀. | Page 28 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 PIRELLI BRITISH GRAND PRIX 2021 - SILVERSTONE - THE RACE - ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀.

Discussion in 'F1' started by DF1, Jul 18, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Agreed. That all goes back to the fatal Suzuka accident: They take no more risks with heavy equipment in front of the barriers and they want the barriers to be 100% in place. Lawsuits abound.

I actually do like the red flagging of the race as it does create a new GP. Red flags used to be super rare, now each season has one. I'm ok with that. It's just that twice this year Lewis was the one profiting the most from them.

What I don't get: Red flag means new race. So why couldn't Max do the restart in the Muletto? Oh, I know, they no longer have spare cars and he has to go to the hospital anyway...yadayadayada. In the old days Max/Fangio would have asked his team mate to hand over his car and Perez/Moss would have gladly done so. Que lastima!

2. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    That's what I was thinking, but I only caught the last part of the comment on TV.

3. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    I hope the championship is not decided by DNF's

4. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I heard it as they were pitting during the red flag...he did ask if Max was okay and was told he got out of the car under his own power.

From Charles: “Obviously, there was the space on the inside. Maybe Lewis was not completely at the apex, but it’s also true that Max was quite aggressive on the outside. Things happen but I think what is most important today is that Max is unharmed and is fine.”

Terra likes this.
  5. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

+10000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Agreed on all.

It's 43 points that Lewis has benefitted from this season alone from red flags... Yes it's all within the rules but, especially if things like this are the decider for the championship, will leave a very nasty taste indeed.

tifosi12, stavura, sammysaber and 2 others like this.
  7. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Exactly! Hamilton suddenly is able to find the apex. Yet he has the audacity to say, a day after everything that ''Leclerc showed it was possible and thats how it should be". The guy really views the world through different glasses, doesn't he? If anything, Charles gave him less room....it's just that Lewis managed to get to the apex this time!

I think that has something to do with the car not being grounded and potentially unsafe to touch due to a battery issue/leak/damage.

100% on the money.

Again, Leclerc is not the fella that punted Max into the wall at 180mph.

It's simply a really, really bad time to be a teammate of Max post 2018 Monaco. Gasly is clearly a very fast driver but he appeared to be a complete amateur next to Max. Albon a fine driver, evidence by his junior career (he was the guy everyone wanted to beat!). Utterly destroyed. Perez 10+ years of experience but appears lost. Even Ricciardo when Max flipped the switch in 2018 Monaco...

It's a lot like being Schumachers' teammate in the 90s and early 2000s. Simply destroyed drivers that where mighty fine. Jos Verstappen (ironically) his career effectively died the moment he sat down next to Michael. Herbert, same fate. Barrichello...the things this guy did in the Jordan and Stewarts, Michael destroyed him. Same goes for Piquet and Alonso. Piquet gave Hamilton a really hard time in GP2, they where neck and neck... Alonso ended his career pretty quickly.

8. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I'm not moderating, I'm getting stuck into the debate as a fellow member. You can debate me just as you would any other member. :)

Jeremy Clarkson once asked Schumacher: "I don't want to be impolite with this question but... Was it the car?"

And Schumacher replied: "You're absolutely right. It is. The secret is what you do with your guys together."

I think Hamilton lucked out to some extent that Mercedes had the engine advantage that they did over the turbo hybrid era, but there are other elements where he has worked with his team to hone the championship winning cars. I don't deny his talent or success.

I just have a different conclusion than you about the weekend's incident.

I said Hamilton proved he was not a gentleman. However, that does not mean that I'm asserting that Verstappen is one instead. Verstappen is similarly an overtly aggressive driver (both on and off the track) - but on this isolated occasion, I think he was an innocent aggrieved party who then had a genuine injustice rubbed in his face by Hamilton claiming, amidst doing a victory dance, to have been unjustly plighted by the penalty.

All the best,
    Andrew.

stavura, RobertJRB, Picchu88 and 4 others like this.
  9. sammysaber

sammysaber Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2011
    You'd think that Hamilton would at least STFU or call it an unfortunate genuine racing incident after getting the points but :

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/hamilton-wants-to-restore-respect-with-verstappen-in-f1-battles/6633583/

Hamilton did not think that the battle with Verstappen at Silverstone was different to previous encounters they have had, except there were times in the past where he did back out to avoid a collision.

“I think it’s a normal battle,” he said. “When I was younger, of course, I was probably as aggressive – maybe actually not as aggressive as Max is, but I was pretty aggressive as a youngster.

“And I think now, I’m a lot older now and I know it’s a marathon not a sprint and so I think I have a better view in how I approach my racing.

“But we’re in a battle and I think this year he has been very aggressive. Most of the times I’ve had to concede and just avoid incident with him and live to fight on later on in the race.

“As you saw [on Saturday], once he’s out in the clear, they’re too fast. So when an opportunity comes, I’ve got to try and take it. That’s what we’re out there doing, and racing, and this one moment, I got a great exit out of Turn 7 and I was really happy with the dummy that I was able to go to the left and then go to the inside and get up that gap.

“Fortunately he wasn’t able to close it. But unfortunately the aggression stayed from his side and we collided.”

He's sadly got some issues up there.

Best,
    Sammy

10. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Hamilton took a page from "cops" and pit stopped Max. Just watch the cockpit replays..max turns out..ham turns in. So precise was that hit, he dismounted the tire from the rim.

sammysaber likes this.
  11. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    Leclerc showed what was possible, getting forced off the road by someone making a reckless move that he didn't have to make and not winding up in the hospital?

Yeah, Lewis is indeed "special."

sammysaber, fil, stavura and 2 others like this.
  12. Natkingcolebasket69

We have the same conclusion… he is at fault on the incident.
    My difference with you here is simply than on this forum he will never please the majority. It’s okay not to like the dude. I’m not fan of his but he has been a prodigy exactly just like max wise in his go kart days. They are more a like than they think.
    Hamilton knows how to play the system better than Verstappen though who seems to have rubbed the decision makers the wrong way.
    But that’s the end of it for me.
    Several audios showed he asked about max and he was told max walked on his own power… maybe his celebration was too much for some… I get it and I respect that too…
    I guess the real anger should be towards the stewards then… I mean that penalty was just not sufficient, should have been drive through or stop and go.

NeuroBeaker likes this.
  13. Natkingcolebasket69

Scary for the fans… if that tyres flew in the air… some ppl are dead.

14. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Are you all done whining yet? I thought the whining would stop after a day. Do I have to wait another 24 hours?

Hamilton won. He should have celebrated more. Put your big boy pants on Max. Glad you're ok. No body's gonna cry for you. Your 1st championship is not gonna be easy. Get on to the next race.

william and surfwolf like this.
  15. Natkingcolebasket69

I forgot that after Hamilton u are public enemy #1 on this forum. U going to get killed for that lol

ktu likes this.
  16. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    They know better....

17. surfwolf

surfwolf Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 14, 2012
    Bethany, OR
    Full Name:
    Michael Wolfe
    Max's crying is ridiculous! When he goes in "elbows out" in a corner, it's all OK. But when another driver doesn't yield to Max's aggressive driving, he cries and whines!
    Max needs to shut up, and realize he does the same thing all the time. Just this time Hamilton did not back off. An arrogant snot nosed Dutchman who needs to grow up![

spider_s, william and ktu like this.
  18. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    How did that tire come off? Did the nut break? If not, and the suspension broke, isn't there supposed to be a tether?

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  19. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Especially for those disabled guys in wheelchairs at the front ...

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  20. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Neither. The wheel stayed attached to the car. The tire was stripped clean off the rim! Quite an usual one…

21. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Lewis myopia.

Because he just had to win the British GP, thereby proving he was willing to endanger the life of his primary competitor to achieve that end, he now has a spotlight on his back for the remainder of the season.

He simply can’t afford to tangle with Max a second time for any reason (unless he’s clearly ahead of him) and therefore Ham will be handicapped by needing to provide an extra margin of space/gap/allowance to Max in every race through to Yas Marina.

His win here might have added to his point total but he’s actually thrown away any chance of becoming WDC.

If Max needs to skip a race due to concussion, x2 the above.

22. Alexweav79

Alexweav79 Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2009
    Owensville, MO
    Full Name:
    Alex Weaver

If debating max's crash caused by lewis keeps you off of here, everyone, keep debating. Please.

stavura, sammysaber, 375+ and 4 others like this.
  23. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    “Held accountable” Who does MB think they are? If everyone was “held accountable” for something negative they said towards somebody or a group of people, then the wold will be one big prison. It is because the FIA and American owners have cow towed to Lewis and MB that I will never own a Mercedes product, even if given to me. I hate Mercedes Benz. Now, MB, hold me accountable.

24. Natkingcolebasket69

Ur missing out, they make great cars

william likes this.
  25. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

That's what really matters.

Some are made in the States too.