FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DU CANADA 2014 RACE **SPOILERS*** | Page 37 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DU CANADA 2014 RACE **SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Jun 8, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    All this chat of Nico and Group 44 is removing the spotlight from Vettel's surprising No. 2 who is now 15 points ahead (as Ian mentioned, with 300 to go... ;)).

Anyone who noticed Desi's form in taking the lawnmower to Q3 on a regular basis last year knew he was going to be trouble. I won't be surprised if he outpoints Seb this season, the win in Montreal eliminated the first goal and will serve as a platform to elevate his game.

I can't understand anyone wanting to hit Nico. ;)

2. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    Little Lewie in his gangster hat and earrings whinges and whines through the season. English sport more robust in the good olde days of James Hunt and his fine friend Niki Lauda. Im reading the Donaldson bio of Hunt, and the difference in their abilities to overcome adversity is marked and unflattering for Lil' Lewie.

3. Dino Chang

Dino Chang Guest

Dec 29, 2012
    But back in them days, the internet and its idiot arm chair critics did not exist.
    If any of todays F1 drivers behaved like how they did in the 70s, they would get ripped to bits by the media and internet critics.

4. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    OMG, so correct! JAMES HUNT with today's media/fans/armchair critics? I don't think he would have stuck around to even deal with it.

Interesting that the previous poster would choose Hunt as the model of focus and virtue. I like what James brought to F1, but even he would say that thought chain is misguided. I mean, we're talking the same "Hunt the Shunt" who punched stewards/drivers/reporters? Drank heavily before races and a vast assortment of other vices that most drivers would not even expose themselves to. That James Hunt?

5. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    Might want to go learn the facts instead of vomiting the above falsities. Yup drank heavily but never after Wednesdays, and nothing said about virtue. Respond to the actual post : and go read his history. Adversity. Reading comprehension is critical. Cheers

6. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    #906 ricksb, Jun 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
    Oh, please! Save the condescension for somewhere it will matter. I'm not aiti-Hunt by any means and I can understand your being so enamored with someone as charismatic as he (one of his ex-gf's spoke about his ability to charm the trousers off of both men and women), however I just don't buy your argument. The pinnacle of James' career was the WDC season and everything went tragically downward after that.
    I've always respected the apolitical, "wild" drivers in F1 and James was certainly a "bad boy", but he was a troubled guy also. As I said, he wouldn't even want to fit in today's media scrutinized F1.

I know that the people who hate Hamilton always need something to fuel their piety, but your argument misses the mark here.

Getting back to facts though, what gang is it that you claim Hamilton belongs to?

7. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Team-mate battles 2014: Which F1 driver will win their intra-team head-to-head? | Features & Experts | Sky Sports Formula 1

A valid question about Kimi for the team.

--Ferrari

This was billed as the battle to watch in 2014 as two former World Champions went head-to-head at Ferrari. Instead it has been a once-sided affair that has only served to reinforce Fernando Alonso's reputation as the best all-round driver in Formula 1. He has outraced Kimi Raikkonen at every grand prix and surged ahead in the qualifying tables as well after Monaco and Canada. Even a rather public kick up the backside from Ferrari in the build-up to Montreal wasn't enough to spark Raikkonen into life and some at the Scuderia must now surely be questioning what they are paying the big bucks for.--

8. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    +1

9. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Haters gonna hate, mate.

10. toil

toil F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2014
    You act surprised...surely we all knew this was gonna happen before the season begun

11. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Some like you and I did. Others seem to think Kimi isn't lazy ...
    Pete

12. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I still don't understand why they signed him after the last time. I wish I was a fly on the wall.

13. DF1

No Im not surprised. He was paid to leave before in a car he was not able to master over his team mate with any authority. This was predictable given he was facing FA. The press now openly question the decision as it has yielded less than superb results to put it mildly.

14. toil

toil F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2014
    Hmm I reckon hulkenburg would've been the better option. Definitely not massa. IMO he is even worse than raikonnen. Then again no one in the current field would be a match for alonso other than perhaps lewis but not with ferrari wrapped around Alonso's finger

15. DF1

We can debate this of course. Until a driver drives the ACTUAL car and provides data no one knows. Massa may have been much better in this current car. Hulk might have been worse than Kimi. Evidence shows Kimi is not working out any better than Massa to be honest.

Massa predicted as much in the press recently. His reasoning was exactly as yours - Its a team built around FA and Kimi would struggle to out pace him.

16. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Not necessary. Massa sucked for way too many years. Glad he is gone.

17. toil

toil F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2014
    Nothing more than a middle of the pack journeyman blessed with a 'good' car.

Though agree that it remains to be decided whether or not hulkenburg would've been better than rai

18. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    That's somewhat of an academic question because at this point it is not really relevant anymore:

Kimi was hired because Fred was threatening LdM to leave by the end of year. So they needed a senior driver with a WDC to fill that role. Not too many of those available at a moment's notice.

Hulk is the future. He should have been hired given our current perspective and I hope they will hire him soon enough and get rid of Kimi (I'm a Kimi fan btw). But hindsight is not what they had back last summer.

So yes, now that Alonso is still with the team, Kimi is not required anymore and Hulk would be the better answer as he will develop into the next megastar. But these decisions have to be seen in the context they were made.

19. DF1

No one here or even in the press picked Ricciardo to handle Vettel as he has. We do not know what one can do until they are in the car. Hulk may fold in Ferrari vs FA. He may beat FA consistently. It cannot be predicted with any certainty.

20. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    A little bit of comedy relief considering we sit here and argue for pages and pages about things we can't possibly know.

21. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    You are aware that his car improved drastically in 2013 compared to the previous 3 years, correct? :rolleyes: