FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 22 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, May 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    It is true that Monaco is not a great place to watch a race. You only see a small - tiny portion of the track. Its a great party time for a bit, but its so crowded. However the history of Racing at Monaco is unsurpassed, and if you understand that, you have to - want to go at least once to see it on your own. When I drive it on my simulator its really hard ... i can hardly go 5 laps with out a shunt... I drove about 90% of the lap in real life on a hot July day once... and its amazing how narrow the streets are... walking the track vs. driving it does not give you the same perspective. there is zero room for error. that this years race did not have any accidents ... 10000% credit to the drivers that alone is an accomplishment.

2. piolaxo

piolaxo Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2012
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Salvador
    Miss those old action packed Monaco races. These days everyone is so under the microscope afraid to crash their beautiful long machines,
    that nobody dares to do pass. Speaking of the tunnel, when was the last time someone did a good overtake there?

3. Top speed

Top speed Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2020
    Full Name:
    Joonas
    There is not even need for preferential treatment; Leclerc is just simply quicker. Great if Sainz aims to be a match for Lec, but it's just never going to happen.There is a reason why Charles is the chosen one.

jpalmito and kes7u like this.
  4. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    I think Lewis did it once Massa,or maybe twice.

5. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    This place has really jumped the shark.

An esteemed member makes a comment such as "With his unprovoked outbursts, sometimes I am myself wondering if that chap is playing with a full deck of cards." in his description of another member. CLEARLY an insult to another member, not allowed by the rules. I brought this up to a moderator, who simply replied that the comment seems accurate, so it is allowed. So if the moderator agrees with your insult, it is now allowed on the forum. Moderators, this is a pathetic stance.

And the Mercedes fans trolling is also pathetic. The F1 section is designed for fans of all teams. But clearly the majority will be Ferrari fans, as this section is within the Ferrarichat forum. When 1/2 of the posts of these members are made to simply belittle and ridicule Ferrari, it is a clear and obvious attempt to elicit an angry response from other members. AKA, trolling.

As I said. Jumped the shark.

Kevin

stavura, Picchu88, ingegnere and 7 others like this.
  6. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

This comment from a reader -
    Jeff Walker30m

The mechanic should know not to put the gun in at an angle. If 3 other mechanics can change it properly, maybe they should evaluate the 4th guy, who always seems to be at the front right...

Later in the article Toto states its really no one's fault it involves multiple facets --
    “And as a matter of fact, the mechanic that did that is one of the best, and one of the fittest in terms of pit-stop speed, that the team has.

“So there are always things coming together. It’s never someone’s fault, it’s always multi-faceted.

7. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

FIA to look at IndyCar rule that would have denied Leclerc pole
    By: Luke Smith
    Co-author: Christian Nimmervoll
    May 25, 2021, 9:44 AM
    The FIA will look at IndyCar’s rule deleting times for drivers who cause red flags in qualifying and deem its suitability for Formula 1 after Charles Leclerc’s Monaco crash.

william and kes7u like this.
  8. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Nothing against Charles Leclerc, but this has happened several times at Monaco not to be looked into.

I found it a great pity he wasn't able to start.

9. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

There aren't many places where they can push the walls in Monaco, is there? Unless they regain more land over the sea, around the marina.

Years ago the chicane wasn't so sharp, the swimming pool not built yet , and before La Rascasse was built a simple harpin at "Le Gazometre" existed.

The chicane at St Devote is a real bottleneck and seems superfluous. Most of the change were made to slower the cars.

I think the old layout could have allowed more overtakings.

10. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    For the moment Ferrari are showing an admirable solidarity whist Mercedes prove **** runs down hill.

Picchu88, Bas, fil and 2 others like this.
  11. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Toto asked Ferrari for help with Bottas wheel nut situation.

Ferrari replied: "We have a sledgehammer."

Toto's response: "We'll take it off at the factory."

True story.

Isobel, Bas and 375+ like this.
  12. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Really?

Bas likes this.
  13. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Yep

375+ likes this.
  14. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Ferrari then asked Mercedes if they know when a half-shaft has failed. Mercedes said test it with a sledgehammer . . . .

subirg, Bas, Terra and 1 other person like this.
  15. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    I fully understand your explanation, but I still maintain that this comment was purely racist. There was no semantic subtlety in it but a brutal affirmation of a fully assumed thought.
    This statement is based on a simple premise: Mediterranean countries are underdeveloped countries populated by unruly and lazy people.
    On the other hand the Anglo-Saxons countries are the elite with rational and hard working populations. Two stereotypes combined in a simple sentence.
    It is regrettable that the lack of courtesy is now normality on Ferrarichat.

Picchu88, fil and ingegnere like this.
  16. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Agree but as Sainz has only been in the team for 5 races we have to give him the benefit of doubt and that he MAY be quicker, the point I was making is that Sainz will / may not be given "equal" machinery to challenge Leclerc. Servicing two No 1 drivers is a tall order especially under the current technical regulations and budget restrictions.

Best

tony

17. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

From my point of view, when a team is not fighting for the championship, there is no need to give preferencil treatment to one driver.
    Have them both with equal chances to score points instead, avoiding internal fights, of course.
    If he hadn't been given "equal machinery" ( as he probably had), Sainz may not have been able to qualify so well, or finish 2nd on Sunday.

18. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    I guess all countries and there peoples are characterized in some way or another.

English = Poor food and chips. Intelligent nation and inventive but lack the skills to make anything of it. Logical & friendly

Americans = Poor food, huge steaks & hamburgers. Intelligent nation but grab an idea and make a great business out of it. Logical & friendly

Italians = Great food, romantic mystical nation. Creative and sublime design in cars, cloths etc. Logical & friendly

French = Great food, romantic, beautiful country. Creative and skilful. Logical & friendly

Japanese = Great food, hard working and get the job done.Logical & friendly

Australians = Poor food, get and go nation with bucketfuls of commonsense. Logical & friendly

Canadians = Poor food, adventurous and skilful. Logical & friendly

common theme here - we are all logical and friendly, have an opinion but lets respect our cultures.

best

tony

mcimino, Terra and jpalmito like this.
  19. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Thats the role of a No 2, score points. Massa did this perfectly for Schumacher but I dont recall any team ever successfully servicing two No1 drivers ( forget Prost / Senna)

william likes this.
  20. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Just a small correction. France is not a beautiful country but a majestic country! thank you.;)

tomc, 375+ and ingegnere like this.
  21. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    So the guy who hired Barnard, Todt, Brawn, Byrne, Schumacher is racist? If he decided to develop from within to secure some stability and loyalty to the firm—and this is usually done hiring local people—instead of chasing the latest big name mercenary design genius who would not want to stay in small town Maranello, this is racist? The fact that many in the top positions at Ferrari are foreign nationals has not discouraged this ignorant perception obviously.

What’s stupid is to think that someone like Montezemolo is dumb enough to believe that all that is required for success is hiring people with an Italian passport.

Wow, really? Can you enlighten us about all the truths in stereotypes, please. Don’t stop at Italians and don’t leave out any race, ethnicity and nationality. “Tabloid” @william can join in since he likes the post and so obviously agrees. Don’t be shy. Let’s see how this goes.

jpalmito likes this.
  22. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    correction noted;):p

jpalmito likes this.
  23. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    You know what they say about people who blow their own trumpet ...

24. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Amen. Let's drop the bashing and move on.

Terra likes this.