FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO HEINEKEN D'ITALIA 2018: RACE *** SPOILERS *** | Page 30 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO HEINEKEN D'ITALIA 2018: RACE *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Sep 1, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
    Toto Wolf in German newspaper "Die Welt"

... In the opinion of Wolff, coincidence in the fight for the world title will play a big role. "It could have been in the situation also Lewis instead of Sebastian bad," he said and hinted at the scene in Monza. Then the Grand Prix could have been quite different. "So in the high-tech universe of Formula 1, not everything is decided linearly and rationally, but also with luck, misfortune or just coincidence," said the 46-year-old."

ricksb, 375+ and DF1 like this.
  2. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    And for once he's right....Seb just found himself in the wrong side...it could have been easily the other way around..and now we would all be raving about hoe masterfull Seb is and what a clown elton is (this part is still true).....it was a race incident, if it had been between any other 2 drivers no one would even talk about it, simply dismissed as a racing incident. I'm not trying to defend Seb, but the whole team ****ed up, just take a look at what Massa and Kimi pulled at the satrt of the 2007 brazilian G.p, that's how a team works, not the crap they pulled up on Sunday, we would expect that after Singapur last year they would have figured that out!

this is how it's done!

Igor Ound, daytona355 and DF1 like this.
  3. Sig. Roma

Sig. Roma Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2007
    Bella Italia
    Full Name:
    Dom T.
    I finally watched the Channel 4 race last night, and can see (not defending) what Coulthard said about Vettel. He didn't see Hamilton come up on the right (or as I remember). But I'm a bit miffed why Hamilton dove so deep into the corner and didn't show a bit more caution. He struck me as using a Verstappen move.

daytona355 and NEP like this.
  4. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

He saw an opening and made a move. Had Vettel done this and with the same result but LH spinning we would be applauding his, Vettel's race craft. In this case LH was the one to make it work. We have to give credit. He drove to win and Vettel did not again display the patience required as we know he had the pace to win.

daytona355 and Sig. Roma like this.
  5. Rick D

Rick D Rookie

Sep 6, 2018
    Full Name:
    Rick Dykhuis
    I used to be a huge Vettel fan, but this year my opinion has really changed. He seems to think he is the king out there and just entitled to a good finish in each race. I can't stand Hamilton, but the man goes and gets it. Kimmi just does his job, I see no reason to knock him or even talk about replacing him, if someone needs to go it's Vettle.

moretti and 375+ like this.
  6. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Welcome to Fchat!

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  7. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    I have always been a race fan. My boy drove our sprint car for years. I have just recently been watching F1 mainly because I turn it on while preparing for church and it's over before 11. As boring as Nascar is on any given day there are 35 teams that could win. F1 you can count on one hand. Don't get me wrong. I love watching and the cars are as cool as they get. Even the lowliest F1 driver is still bad ass.

8. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Vettel would have gotten a penalty for hitting the golden child if the opposite had have happened

stavura, 375+, Sig. Roma and 4 others like this.
  9. Blackmamba

Blackmamba Karting

Jun 17, 2016
    No he wouldn’t. He pulled the same crap in Mexico last year where he gave Hamilton a puncture and got away scot-free. He tried to punt Hamilton again but this time it backfired. He was so lucky the safety car came out otherwise he would have struggled to score points. He lucked out.

10. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Look, this is exactly the point...Lewis went for it and is praised for "make it work" when even Toto says it could have been easily the other way round. Seb went for it and it did not work so he is the "impatient idiot"...so both drivers went for it in the same way and just because the lottery decided it is Seb that spun they are seen completely different...that does not make any sense. Either Seb was impatient then Lewis was as well as he could even more afford to back up one position OR Lewis is a racer for doing so then Seb is as well!
    It is ridiculous how different Lewis and Seb are treated here: when Lewis drives a race from the front in a good car he is "the one that makes it work" and if Seb does the same it is "just a victory in a dominant car"...

I see some similarities with how Alonso is seen here: he was (as Seb) the enemy taking away WDCs from Ferrari in the past and both were not liked here. As soon as they came over to Ferrari a few of the "haters" took their side with gnashing of teeth but at the first opportunity when thing not going according to plan they fall back in the "I never liked that guy, they should have never hired him". So if Ferrari is so special and far above all the other teams, why were they not able to provide a 2x and a 4x WDC with a car and the background to win the title? Are we back in a 19-years period where we have to wait until a group of "outsiders" like Todt, Brawn and Schumacher come along and take over the commando at Ferrari and make them a winning team???

The witty character of this forum is best seen in the recent Kimi-development. We where told for two years now how Kimi is an embarrassment and that he should be sacked immediately to make way for fresh blood and now exactly this is around the corner and all of the sudden we need a petition for Ferrari to keep them from doing so...obviously a few over here do not care at all what they said yesterday ;)

furoni, stavura, NEP and 1 other person like this.
  11. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    That nonsense is unbearable... -> ignore

stavura, furoni and daytona355 like this.
  12. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Sometimes Pete, I think you’ll agree, there are the opinions we don’t agree with, and need to argue; there are the slightly out there ones we get to laugh at; and then there are some that are so far from reality it renders us speechless

13. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Agreed, that's why I fully admit to seeing the reality that Ham is leading points in the slower car

14. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

15. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

A rather polite thing to do - https://www.planetf1.com/news/arrivabene-apologised-to-bottas-for-butler-remark/

Ferrari boss Maurizio Arrivabene has said he apologised to Valtteri Bottas for referring to him as a “butler” at Mercedes.

Arrivabene’s remark came after Bottas played the support role at the Italian Grand Prix, holding up Kimi Raikkonen in order for Lewis Hamilton to sweep past him in the closing stages at Monza.

Asked why Raikkonen did not sacrifice himself for team-mate Sebastian Vettel, he said: “We hire drivers, not butlers”.

But Arrivabene regretted his choice of words for a driver he respects.

“As soon as I said it in the heat of the battle, I knew it would create a controversy,” Arrivabene told Italy’s Autosprint.

“Since then I have exchanged messages with Valtteri Bottas. I wanted to apologise to him and understand what I meant.

“It had slipped out but it’s not a label I want to use for Bottas.

“I appreciate his response very much that he understood.”

Vettel’s bad Sunday afternoon at Monza began with Raikkonen covering him off completely on the dash to Turn 1, but the Ferrari boss said he would not have expected the Finn to do anything else with no team orders in effect.

“I just instructed them to not do anything stupid,” Arrivabene added.

“It was said that Kimi did something unfavourable to Sebastian, but what should he have done?

“What he did is exactly what Lewis Hamilton or Sebastian Vettel would have done.

“It is completely wrong to point the finger when there are still so many races to go.

“I answer for the whole team, so it doesn’t matter who made a mistake – the driver or the team. Someone must answer, and this person is me.”

daytona355 likes this.