FORMULA 1 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX 2020.....PRACTICE 1/2/3 *** SPOILERS *** | Page 3 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX 2020.....PRACTICE 1/2/3 *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Dec 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Dang u are married ? Thought u were 16; to love Lewis this much lol;))kidding;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpalmito and ktu like this.
  2. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Lol, Sometimes you have sports figures who break new grounds.

jpalmito likes this.
  3. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    The V12 Ferrari 1994 3,5L 5 valves.
    He gives me goosebumps every time I listen to it. It’s pure emotion, we just got used to mediocre things that shouldn’t exist.

sammysaber, AtSomePoint, 375+ and 3 others like this.
  4. Natkingcolebasket69

When it finished races

sammysaber and Bas like this.
  5. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet

6. Natkingcolebasket69

Jean was undoubtedly one of the most unlucky person ever!

sammysaber, 375+, Bas and 1 other person like this.
  7. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
  8. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Absolutely hate that. Especially Vettel has the worst designs ever. Bottas is pretty bad too.

But the worst of all is Norris with his children helmet. WTF?!

AtSomePoint likes this.
  9. Sharknose

Sharknose Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2004
    Pennsylvania
  10. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    The comparison photos show what embarrassing land yachts the current F1 cars truly are. The wheelbase exceeds that of a Maybach. Fat, ugly and sound like a cheap leaf blower. 1 make series (only Mercedes can win unless Mercedes really messes up like they did last week) Wonder why so many long term fans lament for the old days. I always wonder about the wisdom of running the older cars at a current venue, it does show fans what they are missing. There usually is more excitement and interest in the older cars than the current, just witness this thread and how many posts are about Alonso and the old Renault.

sammysaber, 375+, jpalmito and 2 others like this.
  11. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    :cool:

1.43 on a not so fast lap...
    Yep...Alonso said so himself here!

And didn't even attack the track hard!

The rear tyres don't seem as wide as current ones...or is it an optical illusion? If not these cars can go seriously fast.

No DRS, higher and narrower front wing, much smaller floor...and this car definitely isn't set up properly. General setup only. V10 is still king. In every way possible (except the hippy way).

I think a sub 1.40 is possible if attacking properly. Quite a bit more if set up properly. 15 years of progress...lol!

12. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    just the outboard laps of Alonso's not so fast laps look way faster than the the crrent land yachts! Man I miss these cars..

13. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    +1

The current cars are trash. They are so worthless that Ferrari won't even bother selling the turbo V6 cars for Corse Clienti as it's not worth it to maintain given the costs.

simpen, jpalmito, jgonzalesm6 and 2 others like this.
  14. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Yep....that said I don't think too many prospective buyers would want a current F1 (2014+) F1 car purely because of the cost associated with them and their complexity. People often say that the pre-2014 cars needed an army to run them, but that's only true in race situations. Actual team needed to run a pre-2014 car is small. The post 2014 cars do need a small army just to get them running. When something breaks...good luck finding or replicating the spare part, and when you do...the costs will be enormous! Replacing the entire power unit and you're given a bill of 7 million...or the price of an entire F2004!

It's a no brainer for jst about any human being on the planet.

15. Natkingcolebasket69

I miss even more the 90’s where the car were all over the place

375+, jpalmito and Bas like this.
  16. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    yep..make the drivers work for it! Sadly I don't think we'll ever see that again...

I still have faint hopes that at least we'll have decent engines and reduction of weight at some point, that the powers that be realize that not is F1 just a sport but entertainment, too...

17. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    And in fifteen years, we will hear that the electric is not the solution and that we must leave on bio fuels! Reflection fades before reason.

375+ and Bas like this.
  18. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    The modern cars are just plain ugly compared to this car. I don't think there is a fan in the world who would car about any minor difference in lap time. This car was alive, it sang to us, it was about men and machines, not about digital spread sheets and algorithmes. This car is like a real woman, the current cars are just inflatable sex dolls.

375+, fil and jpalmito like this.
  19. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    much like we where all forced to go drive Diesels...now look! Suddenly it's the fuel of satan again, lol

sammysaber, 375+ and jpalmito like this.
  20. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    All is said.

21. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    No one on track.

22. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    No one here either. What suspense!

jpalmito and Igor Ound like this.
  23. 275gtb6c

275gtb6c Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2006
    europe
    Full Name:
    oscar
    Yes, this year is over. No suspense, no fun and no surprises...perhaps and pray for it, some mistakes tomorrow....

ciao
    Oscar

24. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    I'm starting to wonder (without any evidence) if Hamilton's COVID19 was a sham...a two race vacation from races that meant nothing to his career, and a chance for Bottas to fight it our with Max and let Mercedes evaluate Bottas. But when Russell stepped into the car and out raced Bottas, Hamilton didn't like the way it made him look and how it could effect his salary negotiations. So he came back to keep Russell out of the car for the last race, to try and make Russell's performance just a one event fluke. And also for Hamilton to reestablish his mark on the team and let Mercedes know who called the shots. .

sammysaber and fil like this.
  25. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Well he is the Drama Queen of Formula One.