FORMULA 1 EMIRATES GRAN PREMIO DELL'EMILIA ROMAGNA 2020: RACE ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄▀▄ | Page 8 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 EMIRATES GRAN PREMIO DELL'EMILIA ROMAGNA 2020: RACE ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Oct 31, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cavallino Nero Rampante

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2018
    Full Name:
    ST
    Maybe the more mature Version 7.0 of Alonso will be a suitable replacement at Renault. He appears to be a positive in the process of development of the car and seems motivating to the team. We will see. ;)

2. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I will try to keep an open mind, but I have my doubts.

3. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Unlucky Bottas. This one was there for the taking but in the end debris and poor driving cost the race.

Ham once again showing that he has developed as a driver. He looked after his tyres in stint 1 and pushed hard enough to earn P1 vsc or not. Then he built a huge lead over Bot and had the race under control. Commanding victory from the soon to be 7 x Wdc.

Another excellent performance from Ric. Gotta say, I’ve given him plenty of grief in the past but he is bringing it now and will do great in the superior Merc powered McLaren next year.

Kvyat and Leclerc - solid again.

Albon - singed his resignation today. No way back for him. He’s lost his mojo.

Poor Russel - total rookie mistake and he will be kicking himself.

Stroll - take a bow! Already the worst driver GOAT. Today he added assassin skills to his repertoire but skilfully managed to claim all the credit by announcing on the radio that he really is incompetent and forgot that cold brakes mean his car will need longer to slow down. He just gets better and better at being the worst...

635CSI and ricksb like this.
  4. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Well, Hamilton’s 72 wins with Merc just equaled Schu’s with Ferrari...

...however, Schumacher wins came from 1996-2006. Hamilton’s came 2013-2020 so certainly the dominance has been sustained in a more compact period of time.

Terra and Mark(study) like this.
  5. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    On the VSC...I saw it differently. Hamilton was in the midst of extending his first stint by 10 laps to give him a shot at the win. Ocon’s car goes down in flames. VSC is announced, giving Merc a chance to change strategies. Ham goes in with a 28+ second lead and comes out with a 3.5 second lead as a result of the shortest VSC I can remember to remove a downed vehicle (which was really good as it ultimately only cost Porridge & Max 1.5-2 secs). Bottas’ injured car allowed him to stretch that lead to 12+ seconds before Max had the tire failure.

6. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Probably, but he just wore the shoes while racing around all day, you couldn’t pay me enough lol

7. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
    What a ******** regarding Seb... He could finish 5th with a solid pitstop.

stavura and 635CSI like this.
  8. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Truth is even without the VSC hamilton would have win this race because his pace was far better than the damaged Bottas car.

Terra, Picchu88 and ricksb like this.
  9. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Poor bottass, can’t get a break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
    Poor Russell? Lousy Russell, he has a mere of 30 starts in F1 now...

Gator likes this.
  11. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Congrats to stroll...nice drive from him

subirg likes this.
  12. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Today all the Brit new boys were poor. Russel crashed all by himself. Albon spun all by himself. Norris didn’t really show up and got schooled by Sainz. All need to do better.

635CSI, ricksb and 500tr like this.
  13. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    Isn’t Ocon under contract with Mercedes??
    Humm let the conspiracy theories begin! :)

14. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  15. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    My driver of the day was Perez...and was there for the podium until the call was made to change tires under the safety car rather than hold track position. I don't think Ricardo could have gotten around him. If was obvious how are passing was, even with fresh tires. I don't see how the team can in any way justify keeping Stroll and dropping Perez. I can't see how they justify hiring Vettel to replace Perez. I guess that is what happens when the people who own/run the team, don't need to earn a living from doing so.

16. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    How can anyone look at these numbers and justify that the bottom three teams should even be on the same track and in the same race as the top seven. Maybe have wildcard qualifying races the week before and pick the top 4 finishers/cars to fatten up the grid and add some spice. But Alfa, Haas, and Williams are jokes.

17. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    And it does not look like Ferrari can get there........

william and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  18. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    They pass the 7% rule.

william likes this.
  19. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Conspiracy.

The VSC was out for about 15 seconds, long enough to benefit ONLY Hamilton. Total BS.

stavura, 500tr, DGS and 1 other person like this.
  20. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    This was WWE levels of race fixing. Not that it matters because the only guy that could've challenged was being held up by the lapdog in chief and his tyre exploded anyways...

Jeronimo GTO and Jakuzzi like this.
  21. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #196 Mark(study), Nov 1, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
    Funny race fixing theory. Seb broke off a piece of his car to wreck the floor of Bottas car who slowed down Max to help Lewis, along with the safety car and FIA to help Lewis? Lewis can’t lose even when he doesn’t have to win. Lewis needed to finish 4th in the last 5 races, was just playing safe today and still ended up winning.

22. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Hahaha yes its unreal what goes on in some folks heads :D

23. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    They drop people with the worst lap times in qualifying, maybe they should do the same with teams. Half way through the season the two bottom scoring teams are eliminated and cut from the grid. At the 3/4 point in the season, the next two lowest are dropped. For the final 1/4 of the season only the top six points scoring teams are racing for the championship. Keeps the track clear of back markers...and gives reason to try harder in every race.

24. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Conspiracy theorists abound on this forum.

25. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Funnier when it IS A FACT. Which it is ;)

stavura and furoni like this.