FORMULA 1 DHL TURKISH GRAND PRIX 2020 - ISTANBUL.......Race ▄▀▄▀ Spoilers ▀▄▀▄ | Page 14 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 DHL TURKISH GRAND PRIX 2020 - ISTANBUL.......Race ▄▀▄▀ Spoilers ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Nov 15, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I liked the trophies in Turkey. Is it the star of the national flag or Heineken? :cool:

kraftwerk and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  2. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    375+, RobertJRB and sammysaber like this.
  3. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Amazed their telemetry did not warn them................

william likes this.
  4. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Interesting - they saved him in Hungary so I guess his mechanic are not perfect after all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    That denotes a serious lack of preparation by the team; don't they check these things ?

6. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    YES.....
    "life·style
    /ˈlīfˌstīl/
    noun
    1. the way in which a person or group lives.
      "the benefits of a healthy lifestyle""
    Is there something missing for my use of the word?

Thanks

7. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

The good question! Max was in the press about this yesterday. A touch surprised this was not noticed/verified on the grid before start.

ricksb and william like this.
  8. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    #333 Terra, Nov 17, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    So why the need to put the word lifestyle in quotes in your original post?

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/posts/147564675/

Jakuzzi likes this.
  9. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    I always thought that the reason modern F1 drivers are generally diminutive is because, if you come up through carts, power to weight is extremely important. I remember carting with a talented female friend who was way faster out of the corners and down the straights in equally powered machinery on account of being 8st and not 12st. As you get older the engineers and aero bods just want the human part of the package to be as small and light as possible. Ditto fighter pilots. Hence in both cases the purist engineers would quite like to get rid of the heavy meaty stuff all together !

375+ and tifosi12 like this.
  10. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    F35 weights in at 29,500 pounds and has 43,000 pounds of thrust, I don't think 40-50 pound weight difference (0.1%) between pilots would even be measured on a performance scale.

11. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Because I chose too. :) Am I not allowed to do that? What DO YOU seem to think that I was saying or implying?

12. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Based on your past posting history where you’ve either implied or explicitly stated that Lewis Hamilton is gay, it’s eminently clear to (not too) me what you mean with your “lifestyle” comment.

13. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Does it really matter if Hamilton is gay or not?It doesn't seem to affect his performance.
    I thought we had moved on from being judgemental and narrow-minded on this issue.

Personally, I give a broader definition to "lifestyle"; to me it could be the drug scene, or being rastafarian, or an adept of body-piercing or tatooing.
    The rap scene is also a lifestyle, like being an eco-warrior or "new age", or a Hell's Angel, etc.. All these have nothing to do with sexuality.

14. simpen

simpen Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2016
    It is not the weight but the dimensions and weight is a consequence of that. If you are too tall, the cockpit would need to be larger, which would mean additional stiffening, increase of structural weight, snowballing further. Same with F1 pilots, some of Newey's cars had cut-outs on the chassis where the wrists of the drivers were. The margins of tolerance are very slim

tifosi12 likes this.
  15. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I thought the FIA had imposed minimum cockpit dimensions to accommodate tall drivers.
    Also, isn't the driver's weight taken into account to check the minimum weight of a car?

16. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Fully agreed.

I know so from my own karting experience. Weight matters.

17. simpen

simpen Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2016
    Weight of the driver is critical in the sense that with material being identical, the lightest driver has an advantage. Balance of performance with a target weight of the driver + car can only partly compensate for this, because a lighter driver will still be smaller usually. Smaller drivers allow for more freedom in the design of the car and aerodynamic concept and is therefore more desirable. Skill being equal, a driver of 60 kg + 20 kg of lead plate in the car is still more advantageous than a 80 kg driver.

LVP488, tifosi12 and 375+ like this.
  18. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

A bit like handicaping in horse racing. A tall jockey is always at a disadvantage.

19. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Lead ?!?

Tungsten !!! This is F1 we are talking about..........

20. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    That is not the case Terra , but it is understandable.