FORMULA 1 DHL TURKISH GRAND PRIX 2020 - ISTANBUL.......Race ▄▀▄▀ Spoilers ▀▄▀▄ | Page 13 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 DHL TURKISH GRAND PRIX 2020 - ISTANBUL.......Race ▄▀▄▀ Spoilers ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Nov 15, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Almost perfect and 'succint' description of LH. Deny this and you are not watching F1 of late lol :)

2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

It’s William’s favorite though;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Well, when you use the tabloids as source of information, that says more about you than about the people they talk about.
    They are in the business of selling papers, and if they have nothing to say, they will invent anything to fill up their columns.
    It's not by chance that in Britain we call tabloids, the gutter press. They just spew desinformation and gossips.

Re F1 broadcasting, it's certain that some commentators are heavily bias.
    It's up to the viewers to make up their own mind and not be influenced by the reporting.
    Murray Walker, the former BBC commentator was so bias towards Mansell that he made me cringe for years.
    The fact is that all source of information, the press, social media, TV channels, websites are now very bias.
    Public expectations have changed over the years; before people wanted information, now they want opinions.
    You cannot argue much about facts, but you can argue forever about opinions, and that's what folks enjoy nowadays.

4. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    True enough.
    The one thing I have gleaned is Lewis really does seem to have the ability to divide folk.

ricksb, ktu and william like this.
  5. Natkingcolebasket69

That’s very true. The man has changed a lot and confused at time people, from being a sensational rookie, to being bratty like Max, to changing his image into an eco friendly rapper driving a Zonda.
    Great driver for sure, personality of a 3 legged poodle if you ask me but still better than Schumacher whom, for all his greatness, was a total archloch like we say in German. For meeting him once in car week Monterey , he was exactly who I think he was .
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Stroll was hit by mysterious "front wing" damage he got from hitting nothing. They claim they saw the lack of downforce before he pitted but for whatever reason, decided to NOT change the wing.

Sure... could happen!

sammysaber likes this.
  7. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Lol man you wrong for that one, funny picture lol

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  8. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Water on my mill.

Interesting shot of MS. He looks already older. Was that shortly before his skiing accident?

Also interesting to see how tiny and small of a figure he has. Like many F1 drivers.

Terra likes this.
  9. Natkingcolebasket69

It was summer 13 if I recall...being half German I expected him to be that way, cold, robotic. He just wasn’t a friendly fella but hey he wasn’t paid to be.

10. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Absolute BS what RP said.

WPOZZZ and TheMayor like this.
  11. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    He made 2 mistakes that I saw. Outbraked himself twice.

12. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    That sounds E X A C T L Y like religious people:: it is god when things go right, and satan when things go wrong !

13. Natkingcolebasket69

Amen to that again!

jpalmito and Bas like this.
  14. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Fair enough, yes MS did show his true colours now and again, and they were not always pretty.
    Nice photo.

ricksb and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  15. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    #315 Terra, Nov 16, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
    That's Nick Mason (Pink Floyd drummer) on Michael's left. And the man on Michael's right is 6'6" (about 2.0m).

16. RobertJRB

RobertJRB Karting

Feb 8, 2012
    How do you know this were his true colors? Far as I know Schumacher wasn’t fond in showing his private life to the public so how can we know how the man was?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met FerrariChat

stavura, sammysaber and Bas like this.
  17. simpen

simpen Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2016
    Curious if a front wing adjustment can also impact the way you consistently mess up the starts... Maybe Max should practice more? Like during practice on track locations not particularly allowed, take the penalty, but learn to apply it in the race? Just a thought :)

Also throws some shade on Albon's performance if true, the one weekend he does not get lapped (but left for dead when overtaken by his teammate), said teammate is driving in dog-****-spec.

18. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

The regular bad starts at Red Bull may be due to clutch adjustment.
    Red Bull may have decided on a conservative set up to prevent stall and save the transmission.

RobertJRB likes this.
  19. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Fair point, I refer to some of his on track antics, therefore one can, or I can only go of experiences of folk that have met him, like Natkingcolebasket69.

And I have used your same point in the defense of judging characters myself, so yes I hear you.

RobertJRB likes this.
  20. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    That's what made Schumacher the man despicable to me.

I applied the same standards when judging Senna too.

tifosi12 likes this.
  21. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    No doubt both were ruthless..

22. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

What these two did on several occasions went far beyond ruthlessness.

Causing wrecks for the sake of winning championships is beyond the pale, plus other outrageous moves over the years.

kraftwerk and ktu like this.
  23. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Their telemetry showed a lack of downforce but they had no idea what caused it. Changing a front wing costs a bunch of time. Only after the race did they find the piece of wing that got lodged in a bad position.

24. Natkingcolebasket69

Nobody knows. Didn’t like the guy on track and when I met him he was just like that.
    The world is a big place though: I’m sure millions will like his personality and millions won’t like him that much.
    Still a fantastic driver whom I wish a speedy recovery!

kraftwerk and tifosi12 like this.