FORMULA 1 AZERBAIJAN GRAND PRIX...2021...QUALIFYING...... ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄▀▄ | Page 9 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 AZERBAIJAN GRAND PRIX...2021...QUALIFYING...... ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Jun 5, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    Charles did a much better job of picking up the tow than Hamilton did with Bottas - I loved it! :D

crinoid likes this.
  2. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Lol.....yes.

Sharknose, pilotoCS and ingegnere like this.
  3. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

A driver of Charles Leclerc's level should look after his career first and be ready to seek the best opportunity.

Ferrari has long periods of drought, so, I wouldn't recommend brand loyalty to achieve the most in F1.

4. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    j. J. Villeneuve immediately leaps to mind

5. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    So Leclerc was lucky to get a tow but Hamilton with a planned tow from Bottas got 2nd on merit? o_O I don’t remember Hamilton setting any purple sectors and speed on a straight also depends on how fast the car exits the final corner.

jcurry and Bas like this.
  6. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    LOL, move over Nicholas Todt, let William the great manage Charles’ career. He will avoid Charles going to teams that don’t go through droughts. Let’s see, there’s...
    - Lotus... err, no, they’re defunct;
    - Tyrrell... err, same;
    - BRM... same;
    - Brabham... same;
    - Benetton, Renault, Alpine... definite drought;
    - Williams... haven’t won in ages and not even close;
    - McLaren... not much better;
    - Jordan Force India Point Martin... drought;
    - Red Bull... 8 year drought;

So that basically leaves Mercedes and the only team that most recently challenged Mercedes, Ferrari. And since someone at Merc probably would never accept Charles there, that leaves... the team he’s with now.

In summary, just more inane tripe spewed by the troll master.

375+, furoni, stavura and 5 others like this.
  7. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    jcurry and crinoid like this.
  8. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    AMuS

The Honda teams still had the old engines in their car during practice today, while Mercedes and Ferrari had already switched to the second power units. But it is expected that the Honda teams also switch to new power units tomorrow.

Honda wanted to wait and see on Friday whether new power units are necessary. Their data suggested nothing suspicious, so no PU changes. Honda prefer to wait another 14 days, to improve the reliability further, so that they can release more power from the FrenchGP onwards.

"At Mercedes, they say that they have seen from videos that the Red Bull rear wing was still flexing. However, we hear from FIA circles that Red Bull is not out of line this time and that the Mercedes wing is also showing signs of flexing."

Toto Wolff left it open whether a protest would follow after the race. Maybe to also keep the rival in the dark.

9. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  10. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I was told Max was on a purple S1 and 2 (didn't see it myself), before the last red flag....anyone can confirm?

He had his chance and was a second a lap down on Max every time, lapped at least twice in half a season by Max despite no issues in those races from Gasly. His piss poor performance and inability to handle pressure left him to be sacked...(even though they still gave him a seat in STR, where with less pressure and a car he likes, he's done very well).

You **** on Red Bull for going through too many drivers and ''too stupid to realize they need 2 fast drivers to win titles'', yet when they sack underperforming drivers, it's a problem? What is it?! If they kept Gasly till now and he was still underperforming, would you be ****ting on them for not replacing the slow driver?

ingegnere likes this.
  11. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    So Charles best lap time and best ideal lap time.

Max faster than Hamilton on ideal lap time.

jgonzalesm6 and Bas like this.
  12. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Looking at the trap speed and sector 3...if Tsunoda was given a heads up by the team to create a tow for Gasly, they may well have had pole!

jpalmito, jgonzalesm6 and ingegnere like this.
  13. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    William certainly has some unpopular views, however he's not the one trolling in this exchange - you are. Derisively calling him William The Great and Troll Master is not permitted. 1 week thread exclusion.

If you don't want to read his contributions and cannot control yourself, put him on ignore and pretend he doesn't exist.

All the best,
    Andrew.

14. schumacherf2006

schumacherf2006 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2010
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I agree he took over the team, but Honda had developed that chassis for a couple of years. that car was designed with a Honda engine and brawn was fairly lucky the Merc engine worked so well.
    I will find a video link for you.

ingegnere likes this.
  15. schumacherf2006

schumacherf2006 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2010
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Honda put in 300 Million dollars into the development of that chassis. They totally Abandoned most of 2007 and all of 2008 for this car.

16. Top speed

Top speed Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2020
    Full Name:
    Joonas
    I can absolutely confirm he wasn't, not sure he was even in S2 yet when the crash happened, he was behind Tsunoda and Sainz. Max's race engineer was just trying to comfort him or something. The engineer in reality ment he had had purple S2 earlier in the quali, kinda like "unlucky, you had the pace".

17. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Yup. Mercedes is wrapped around Sir Loo and his lapdog.

Indy car is therefore the only real choice for Charles' career advancement.

ingegnere likes this.
  18. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    He's a tit! I absolutely despise that man.

ingegnere likes this.
  19. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    Seems I'm not the only one who doesn't think Ferrari have as much pace as some on here are suggesting: (From: https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferrari-planned--hamilton-tow-baku-pole/6540246/ )

(Ferrari Sporting Director Laurent Mekies)

Mekies was sceptical Ferrari has the outright pace to win in Baku, though, believing it would require a defensive race from the whole team to protect its advantage.

“We expect a tough fight, because we will not have the pace to fight for the win, so it’s going to be a defensive race,” Mekies said.

“The important thing is we develop as a team, and the results like [Saturday] are encouragement to do so."

If Charles can get a decent gap to Hamilton before getting to the long start/finish straight, then he might be able to defend (assuming he's leading at the end of lap 1 of course), but reality says to me that he's going to be a sitting duck on that straight - Especially when DRS becomes active.

As I've posted earlier, Charles really needs Mad Max to cause Hamilton a headache, in order to stand a chance in this race.

It'll be interesting to watch how it all pans out! :)

william and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  20. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I we lose we will protest...so german isn't it !!!

Picchu88 and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  21. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I think our friend secretly thinks Elkan is reading his posts and will send him an invitation for team manager....

jpalmito and SimCity3 like this.
  22. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    So calling him troll master granted a week ban, but William saying i don't play with the whole deck is fine? not an insult?
    And you know what´s worst neuro, is that what ingegnere said (even if he's not alowed to day it) is absolutely the truth , but even if William is correct about me ( he might be, although i think he's in a much more advanced state of delusion than i am) it should also have been considered an insult.

23. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    It was a one week thread exclusion, not a ban.

Your outbursts have been erratic enough and frequent enough that it seemed a reasonable concerned observation to the mod team and community feedback was permitted in that case as it has been in the past for similar situations. The fact that you were shocked by it should be a wakeup call to be more thoughtful about what you post to the forum.

All the best,
    Andrew.

24. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    Years ago, back in the late 80's/early 90's, when Ferrari were basically "best of the rest", Gerhard Berger said in a Jeremy Clarkson/Top Gear "Ferrari special" :

"For sure, winning is important, but sometimes, it's better not to win, but to drive for Ferrari!"

(Not sure if this has been posted before [I've been away from the F1 section for quite a while], but this is an interesting Gerhard Berger podcast to watch: )

In the case of Charles Leclerc, whilst I'd understand if he decided to go to Red Bull, Mercedes, McLaren or any other team who had a superior, Championship contending car, to seek race and Championship winning glory, I have far more respect for his dedication to Ferrari, wanting to win with Ferrari, wanting to help make Ferrari great again, and wanting to become a Ferrari driver Legend - There's something quite wonderfully old fashioned about that! :cool:

kes7u and Bas like this.
  25. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    Both SKY TV and Channel 4 in the UK have shown similar videos highlighting how much both the Red Bull and Mercedes rear wings are flexing, with side by side views of both cars, and they pretty much flex by the same amount.

SKY TV then showed the Mercedes front wing flexing, and it was quite noticeable (curiously though, they didn't show any similar footage of a Red Bull front wing, to show if it flexed or not)

Christian Horner has been widely quoted as saying Toto Wolff: "should keep his mouth shut", and whilst he did say it, it's been taken a little bit out of context, to make it sound like a personal insult.

Horner was basically asked: "If you were Toto Wolff, what would you do?", to which Horner replied: "Well based on how much their front wing is flexing, I'd say Toto should keep his mouth shut", and went on to point out that if the FIA are going to look at rear wings flexing, then they should really look into front wings flexing too.

Toto Wolff has then made things a bit personal, by calling Christian Horner: "A windbag, who likes the sound of his own voice" - Which sounded a bit childish to me.

This is another one of those situations where far too many people declared that someone was running an illegal car and have been caught out, when the reality is, the car passed every official test it needed to, and was never declared illegal.

Ferrari have been through the exact same thing in the past with their flexing wings. The wings passed all of the relevant tests, and the car was deemed legal to race at every event up until a certain point in the season.

Other teams complained that the Ferrari wings were flexing, so the FIA introduced tougher tests, that resulted in Ferrari having to modify their wings to comply with the new tests.

Straight away people (including many on this very forum!) were screaming that, because Ferrari had to modify their wings to meet the new test standard, it mean't the wings were never legal.

The fact was though, the earlier wings were perfectly legal, as they passed the original test, and when the FIA came out with a tougher test, Ferrari ensured that they had wings that could pass the new test - At all times, the cars were deemed legal to race.

It's a bit like being told your road going Ferrari has to have a front number plate on it by Law, so you apply a sticker number plate to the front lid, which sits almost flat. As the Law is written, you have complied with it.

After a few years, the authorities decide they don't like the almost flat front number plates, as they're hard to read, and so change the Law to state that from now on, front number plates must be fitted, and must be vertical.

In order to comply with the Law, you have some brackets made up, that allow a vertical plate to be fitted.

Your car wasn't suddenly illegal for all the years it had the sticker number plate on the front lid - It met the legal requirements at the time it needed to.

It's the exact same deal with the flexing wings - If they pass the official FIA test, then they are legal.

ingegnere and Bas like this.