FORMULA 1 AZERBAIJAN GRAND PRIX...2021...QUALIFYING...... ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄▀▄ | Page 10 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 AZERBAIJAN GRAND PRIX...2021...QUALIFYING...... ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Jun 5, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Yes Andrew, i was so shocked i ran to the mods complaining about it...i even lost my sleep...not.

2. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    #227 william, Jun 6, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2021

Each to his own, I think. If driving for Ferrari was more important for Berger than winning, that's his choice.

Some drivers didn't find ultimate success driving for Ferrari, and not for lack of talent; they won titles in other teams: Andretti, Prost, Mansell, Alonso, Vettel.
    Others refused an offer from Maranello and did OK elsewhere: Moss, Stewart.
    A few left Ferrari under a cloud: Surtees, Amon, Ickx, Lauda,

What I am saying is not a slur on Ferrari, but reality.
    Ferrari doesn't have the best car all the time, and a driver's career is relatively short.
    If you have talent, trying to spot the team that may bring you reward is almost as important as driving skills.
    Fangio won world 5 titles for 4 different makes; he didn't bother with loyalty. You may call that selfish, I call it judicious.
    I think the age of chivalry is passed.

3. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    It seems Leclerc (for now at least!), agrees with Berger :cool:

4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    +1 on this (and your other one on the flexi wings!)

It makes no sense for Leclerc to move because quite frankly, he can't move anywhere that's either a move down or a move sideways. He loves Ferrari and is adored by the team and fans...the car is more competitive than expected (though of course not nearly as fast as it should be!), why leave?! Especially with completely new cars coming in...

ingegnere likes this.