FORMULA 1 ARAMCO MAGYAR NAGYDIJ 2020-->RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 12 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 ARAMCO MAGYAR NAGYDIJ 2020-->RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Jul 19, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    I doubt it. I think Horner's attitude regarding Vettel is "been there, done that".

Giallo 550 and 375+ like this.
  2. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1 And if Max were to crush Seb it would be "career over".

Giallo 550 likes this.
  3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Vettel would be insane to go up against Max. I'd like to see him there but he would be a better fit at Force India.

F2003-GA, subirg, 375+ and 1 other person like this.
  4. zygomatic

zygomatic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    After watching the RBs in Hungary, I wonder if Seb isn't getting a better seat at Force India.

Bas, Giallo 550 and Isobel like this.
  5. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Well, other than dani ric, none of the other Red Bull upstarts paired w Max have really delivered.

Abon is failing, still has a chance to turn it around.
    Gasly failed.
    Kvyat failed.

Seb is a known quantity w experience, seems to at least be worth a consideration at the end of the year.

Bas and Isobel like this.
  6. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Never occurred to me because of the same reasons mentioned above, but like Bas, would love to see it and it does make sense if AA can’t get his nerves settled.

Alex simply needs to beach or dump Hammy during a race incident and drive away unscathed for once.

It’d be worth whatever the penalty, if in fact it deserved one.

I know, it sounds as though I’m suggesting NASCAR style retribution ( I am, fwiw ;)) but the kid needs to develop a swagger. And soon.
    Sounded like it took every last ounce of courage for him to tell the team they put him out in traffic during quali the other day.
    Sheepish is not exactly what your team expects if you’re in the second best F1 car on the grid.

stavura, zygomatic, ricksb and 2 others like this.
  7. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Is RP getting the 2020 Mercedes next year?

zygomatic and Isobel like this.
  8. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    #283 ricksb, Jul 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
    Max would crush Seb...

I think only Hamilton, Leclerc and Norris (because he’s a little mental and doesn’t care) can go toe-to-toe with Max in similar machinery.

F2003-GA, DF1, Isobel and 1 other person like this.
  9. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Charles had zero support from Ferrari last year until maybe the very end of the season, to be successful in that environment was impressive...I just hope he doesn’t lose too many years in a lesser car. 2022 should be the changing of the guard (though Hamilton actually seems to be in his prime right now...but Father Time always wins that race). Hopefully Ferrari will have their stuff together and give him a fair shot.

(I wouldn’t be surprised to see Hamilton and Merc depart F1 together in 2022)

zygomatic, Isobel, 375+ and 2 others like this.
  10. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    "Taking pictures" is allowed, isn't it?

375+ and Isobel like this.
  11. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Probably not.
    Teams must race with their 2020 design in 2021, no?

12. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    So long it's Mercedes sponsored, anything goes.

fil and 375+ like this.
  13. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I know there’s a lot of dislike for Seb... hell even the coverage beginning of the race showed all these great historical moments of passing by others ... then end the intro segments by showing Seb spin. I get it.

I firmly believe that the Ferrari was never really to his liking. I think the rear end of the car was never designed for his driving style and they never got it quite right. I’m not saying he’d win the WDC if he went to RB, but to simply assume that Max would just make him look like a fool would be underestimating Seb I think.

14. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    They actually tried to mimic the rear of the RBR with the high-rake design. I do agree that Seb a) needs a car that suits his driving style to be effective and b) needs a competitive car to be at his best. Neither of those is the case at Ferrari right now.

I say that Max would beat Seb in equal equipment simply because of where each is in his career currently: Max is brimming with confidence and intimidates the majority of the field. Seb is on his back foot trying to revive his once-promising form. The confidence divide is all it would take for a hard-charging Max to defeat a careful Vettel.

Giallo 550 likes this.
  15. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    And yet Vettel is outperforming Leclerc at the moment...

Bas and Jakuzzi like this.
  16. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    They are both 30-60 seconds off race pace, so that one is beating the other is only minor consolation.

william likes this.
  17. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    How so?

18. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    He's outqualified him at the last 2 races and was 5th vs what, 11th in the last race despite both getting screwed on strategy. That and Charles has made the big F up wrecking them both out.

There's not a lot between them, they've both been within .1-.2 in qual in all 3 races, but Vettel has appeared to raise his game and I was kind of expecting the opposite given they're booting him out.