FORMULA 1 ARAMCO MAGYAR NAGYDIJ 2020-->RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 11 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 ARAMCO MAGYAR NAGYDIJ 2020-->RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Jul 19, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Interesting thoughts. Cool about Lando, that’s a great sign he’ll be around for a while....

zygomatic and 375+ like this.
  2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Tough but I think just seeing what has been shown, Norris is so quick and aggressive, Charles is smooth and cunning, I see less of Russell. Norris stands out a little for me above the other 2 but its very very close. They all offer nice talent and should all do well in F1 ---- with the right CAR LOL :)

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  3. DF1

Nice assessment. I was hoping to provide similar but failed lol :)

Isobel likes this.
  4. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    The irony is that Vettel and Red Bull were nowhere near as dominant as Hamilton and Mercedes are now. It went down to the final race in 2010 and 2012. If it wasn’t for Grosjean taking Alonso out in Spa 2012, he would have been the champ.

stavura, Jakuzzi, Bas and 2 others like this.
  5. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Ferrari pushes the envelope and they get crucified, while Mercedes is on a seven season win streak and Racing Point has their 2019 car. It’s very hard for me to believe that they have been clean of any wrongdoing this entire time.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  6. Barbedwyre

Barbedwyre Karting

Jan 21, 2018
    Lewis has been begging for more competition. Not his fault the other teams are not matching his team. When another team performs well he gives them praise and welcomes the competition. So once again you guys are directing your frustration at the wrong person.

7. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    #257 freshmeat, Jul 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
    Only boring when you're not the one doing the dominating lol. What an arse.

stavura and 375+ like this.
  8. DF1

Horner happy with Albon -- https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/150738/horner-struggles-to-understand-criticism-of-albon

Red Bull boss Christian Horner says Alex Albon did "a super job" in the Hungarian GP, suggesting he should not be criticised for his 2020 Formula 1 performances so far.

Albon finished fifth in Budapest after failing to make Q3 when caught out by a lack of running with a set-up introduced on Saturday morning.

His charge into the top five from 13th on the grid followed a solid fourth in the Styrian GP, where his first stint was compromised by tyre issues.

Albon has been under pressure to match the form of team mate Max Verstappen, while his clash with Lewis Hamilton in the season opening Austrian GP led to suggestions that he could have been more patient, despite the fact that the Mercedes driver was penalised.

"I'm very pleased," said Horner when asked to rate Albon's progress in Hungary.

"I mean it's been a difficult weekend for Alex, the car spec has been changing a lot from session to session, and when you haven't got the experience, as he doesn't, that's harder to deal with.

"So I think actually in the race when he managed to find his rhythm and pace was very, very good and comparable with Max.

9. Barbedwyre

Barbedwyre Karting

Jan 21, 2018
    Whose to say their “stuff” hasn’t been investigated? IF the teams suspect foul play, lobby a complaint. I find it hard to understand why some can’t accept the fact that Ferrari culture is now biting them in the butt and Mercedes is simply performing better. If multiple competitors were complaining about the Mercedes it would be understandable to a degree. But they’re not. They complained about the Ferrari. Why isn’t Ferrari lobbying complaints about something specific on the Mercedes?

10. DF1

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Well Norris is the most 'team' oriented lol. This type of spirit buys effort and respect. Well done Lando! Ever more impressed I am with him!

Formula 1: Lando Norris helps out his mechanics after Hungarian Grand Prix

The race over, and their engineering and media commitments finished, many Formula 1 drivers would rush off to a private jet for the quickest route home.

Red Bull's Max Verstappen and Renault's Daniel Ricciardo did exactly that after Sunday's Hungarian Grand Prix, sharing a flight back to Monaco.

Not so McLaren's Lando Norris.

Instead, the 20-year-old got down and dirty helping out his McLaren mechanics as they stripped down his car.

Norris posted a picture of himself on Twitter underneath his car in the garage at the Hungaroring, screwdriver in hand.

"If you want to go fast, go alone," he wrote. "If you want to go far, go together." - three long weeks for my team. Thought they could use a couple more hands."

Perhaps Norris was feeling a bit guilty.

After starring performances in the first two races of the season in Austria - where two flying final laps netted him his first podium and a fifth place to leave him third in the championship behind Mercedes drivers Valtteri Bottas and Lewis Hamilton - Hungary did not go so well for Norris on Sunday.

He qualified in eight place, but what he called "probably the worst start I've ever got in my life" left him 14th at the end of the first lap. And the rest of the race did not go much better, and Norris finished a disappointing 13th.

"I just screwed everything up and it's such a difficult track to overtake on," Norris said. "I couldn't do anything more after that. I tried coming back, but 13th was the best I could do."

Perhaps the extra work came because Norris felt he let the team down after three gruelling race weekends in a row. If so, McLaren have certainly not held it against him.

As communications director Tim Bampton wrote on Twitter: "How often do you see an F1 driver helping his crew strip down his own car after a race? Lando Norris take a bow."

And, after all, Norris is still fourth in the championship as the sport takes a rare weekend off in a run of nine races in 11 weekends - with more to come.

As Norris said: "We've had a pretty awesome first three weekends in 2020."

11. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    :rolleyes:

12. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Spot on.
    As above.
    Many do not remember this. Exactly why is Grosjean still in F1?

Mercedes is running the table.

stavura, Jakuzzi, Isobel and 2 others like this.
  13. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I will never forget that. He went into Spa with 40 points and had he finished with four points, he would have been the 2012 champ.

stavura, Jakuzzi, Isobel and 3 others like this.
  14. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    Difficult decision for sure, but I'd say he left precisely because he's one of the best drivers.

Max's not going to leave in the short term - he's assured nr. 1 in a competitive team, he's only 22.
    Ric couldn't really afford to wait.

Would have loved to see him in an F though.

15. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    Stroll.

tifosi12 likes this.
  16. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I think it's actually good to see Lance shutting up a few naysayers. I couple races don't make a trend, but he's been looking quite racey. He'll have to beat Perez solidly to avoid the Daddy's Boy wave of hate if Seb does actually take Checo's seat. If he earns that by decisively beating him, then maybe Lance gets some respect.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  17. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    "Prostly"....in a way, but I think Alain let the race come to him more, while Charles will get after it (which also leads to mistakes). Still young and learning to tame the tiger inside, but I think he and Max are well matched in competitive equipment (that level of aggression).

I agree on the other two. Lando is a little immature yet, but I think he will develop into a strong talent if he keeps his nose clean. I like Russell a lot...not certain he is a pita though (I haven't witnessed it but you've always been a bit more plugged into what's inside the grid than I have)

Isobel likes this.
  18. rotaryrocket7

rotaryrocket7 Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2011
    Eden Prairie, MN
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I'd be more interested in Norris or Russell over Leclerc, we'll see how it plays out, but Russell has mopped the floor with his teammates and Norris is on par or better than Sainz who I'd rate high. Leclerc hasn't been able to match Vettel this year. It'll be fun to watch it play out over the next few years.

Jakuzzi and Isobel like this.
  19. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Couldn’t see Norris or Russel doing as well as Leclerc did at Ferrari

20. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    I hope to see many battles between these two in the coming years.

+1

21. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Typical Horner comment means Alex will be gone within a month.

Jakuzzi, Isobel and 375+ like this.
  22. DF1

#272 DF1, Jul 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
    Would not be a shock at all lol

Jakuzzi and Isobel like this.
  23. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Maybe not within a month, but definitely by end of the year if Albon doesn’t put up the numbers...opening the door for a Seb return.

Isobel likes this.
  24. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    I like Russell too, don’t get me wrong and him being a pita is total speculation on my part. I’m certainly not more plugged in than you and many, many others on here. ;)

25. DF1

The RedBull heart is sympathetic to the fired Ferrari driver, but has lust for cheaper newer talent lol. Seb is not going to Red Bull except to have a Red Bull with his old mates lol

Isobel likes this.