FORMULA 1 ARAMCO GROSSER PREIS DER EIFEL 2020......QUALIFYING ▄▀▄▀ Spoilers ▀▄▀▄ | Page 3 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 ARAMCO GROSSER PREIS DER EIFEL 2020......QUALIFYING ▄▀▄▀ Spoilers ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Oct 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Where did Ham go? He got his stuff off the table and it look like he left.

2. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  3. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Ahh, he had to fix his hair.

4. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Leclerc is standing in his seat driving that car. Amazing that he’s able to push it beyond its limits (I will also assume Ferrari has done some work to move it up the grid a little).

Great lap by VB. In a 3-way battle for pole, he puts it ahead of Ham & Max. Should be a good race tomorrow with RBR right with Merc. The run to turn 1 should be fun (hoping for no safety car though). Cold weather will make this one tricky

DF1, zygomatic and Nembo1777 like this.
  5. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Leclerc is just a great driver getting the best out of the car, like Max is doing with the RBR. The car is not that bad and not as bad as Vettel is making it look.

Ferrari have brought some minor aero updates this weekend and presumably the engine deficit is not critical at this track.

Interesting too that tRP are slowly slipping down the grid as they develop their car without Merc assistance as they are being scrutinized following all the allegations of cheating. Not promising for a down-on-performance Vettel for next year.

DF1, stavura, Bas and 5 others like this.
  6. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    It’s World Porridge Day....go figure! :eek:

DF1, stavura, Igor Ound and 3 others like this.
  7. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    The circuit is certainly technical and Charles seems to revel in that aspect...but there is that long straight in sector 3 that he wasn’t losing out on. I agree though...clearly he is getting the most out of the car while Vettel looks like he did in his final RBR season...unmotivated and mailing it in.

Max is much better than Albon...not even close. DR and Sainz have been the only teammates to push him.

jgonzalesm6, william and ktu like this.
  8. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    +1

ingegnere and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  9. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Go Porridge!

DF1 likes this.
  10. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    From Reuters:

The fog that prevented the medical helicopter from taking off on Friday lifted, with the FIA putting in place measures to ensure track action could go ahead if the weather turned bad again.

A spokesman said a landing area had been created some three km from the circuit at a lower altitude that is usually free of cloud cover. Any injured person could then be driven to the helicopter for transfer to hospital. (Reporting by Alan Baldwin in London; Editing by Ken Ferris)

Mark(study) and Nembo1777 like this.
  11. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    WilyB and DF1 like this.
  12. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    My theory is that Shell developed their oil year after year to bring performance when burned with the petrol thanks to Ferrari’s loophole.
    Now they kinda had to start anew developing their oil just to lubricate and cool down the PU and are catching up little by little

stavura, Bas and ingegnere like this.
  13. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Was thinking also that either this track is not so much power sensitive or Ferrari have been slowly improving the PU. And since fuel and oil are a couple of the things that are allowed to be tweaked (I think) you could be right.

In any case, Binotto saying the all-new engine for 2021 has been running for months and progressing well. Mind you, he also said at Sochi that they'd have a new diffuser this weekend, but that's not the case. Wonder if he's really on top of all they developments in the pipeline.

stavura and Bas like this.
  14. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Worth nothing that Vettel only got new barge boards, not the new floor for this race. Leclerc got both (obviously as he's now lead driver and staying on).

DF1 likes this.
  15. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    What an absolute gem he is.

jgonzalesm6 and DF1 like this.
  16. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

FA esque Charles is. Vettel is not worth paying lol. :)

Leclerc the star of qualifying
    Charles Leclerc qualified fourth for the Eifel Grand Prix. Dan Istitene - Formula 1/Formula 1 via Getty Images
    It puts Ferrari's season in context that a second-row starting position is being heralded as a good result, but Charles Leclerc's fourth-place grid position certainly deserves some praise. On a day when Sebastian Vettel was 0.4s off the top ten, Leclerc managed to split the Red Bulls and stands a good chance of scoring Ferrari some much-needed points on Sunday.

"I don't really know [where the pace came from], I'm quite surprised, especially with this weather, I expected to struggle in the cold weather," Leclerc said. "From the beginning of the season, we are struggling to make [the tyres] work any time it is cold. Today, it seems it has worked out for us. I'm very happy, very happy with my last lap. I put everything together and P4 is great.

"Surely there were upgrades this weekend that worked in the proper way. We are not trying to find an update that is giving a huge amount of lap time, just small differences every weekend which for now is working well. Every time we are bringing something on the car, it's working, which was not the case in the past. This is very important and it helps us to build a solid base for the car."

17. DF1

I added cinnamon and bam! Pole for Bottas!

18. DF1

Yes but Seb owns shares now - chin up for Clone point lol. :)

19. DF1

Pays to be faster!

20. DF1

Post of the week! Free Porridge for u :)