FORMULA 1 ARAMCO GRAN PREMIO DE ESPANA 2020 BARCELONA-->RACE▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 9 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 ARAMCO GRAN PREMIO DE ESPANA 2020 BARCELONA-->RACE▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Aug 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Lewis talking to the empty tribune right after the race :
    " you are the best public in the world "

2. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Yes Max would give Lewis some great competition if team mate. Which would be nothing new to Hamilton (we all know his rookie season).
    Explain how Bottas 's Mercedes being 3rd in points behind RedBull equates to "being on another planet"?

3. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Simple he doesn't deserve this wonderful car.
    He is just here to score maximum points without being dangerous to Lewis.
    He is far from Lewis.
    And perfect for Mercedes.

Natkingcolebasket69 and LVP488 like this.
  4. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    there won't be competition next year between Leclerc and Sainz.
    Charles is on another planet.

furoni and Bas like this.
  5. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    I don't know if you notice it, but in essence you are saying a great car doesn't matter if you don't have a great driver

fer312t likes this.
  6. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    You are so manichean ( or binary ?)
    Hammy is a great driver and our debate was about the GOAT which is something else.

7. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

We will see how Carlos 'adapts' to the Ferrari and the team/management. We could see things closer than expected.

8. cavsct94

cavsct94 Karting

Aug 26, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Full Name:
    Mike
    In the meantime, cars are hitting 240 mph going into turn 1 at Indy.

ypsilon and Nortonious like this.
  9. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    It would be like pairing Charles and Max together

ypsilon, Natkingcolebasket69 and DF1 like this.
  10. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Ferrari in Indy next year would be a fun way to pass the time while we wait for the end of the F1 engine freeze.

11506apollo and jpalmito like this.
  11. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

#211 Natkingcolebasket69, Aug 16, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
    Do u even watch the races? Bottas, Hamilton, max all end up lapping everyone every race! Those 3 are in another stratosphere & it could be argue the real hero is verstappen. His teammate barely score points whilst he wins races. He is making a case for best driver.
    Bottas is only 3rd because of the blown tire, u know that right? He is 6 points behind verstappen, with 0 points in that blown tire race, no blown tires he would have had 18 points that race and Max 2 less so would be 14 up.
    U really think Mercedes would not be world champion without Hamilton? For sure would be tighter but the wc would still be theirs and bottas would be WC over max. They are that much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpalmito and Bas like this.
  12. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Do u even watch the races? You do know Max had a DNF the first race right? At any rate the space ship Mercedes as you claim has no business being behind Rebull.

13. Natkingcolebasket69

I’m not too sure what you refuse to admit. Everyone here admits Hamilton is good to great. That you don’t see that the 4th car on the grid, I.e anyone other than max and his teammate are 1secomd a lap at least behind us mind boggling.
    Max is an annoying brat but what he is doing with his car is impress he has no business being this good. The performance from Hamilton for the past seasons are remarkable but overshadowed by the quality of his car.

TonyL and jpalmito like this.
  14. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    This is f1 and how it has anyways been - the other teams need to build a better car. Schumacher lapped the field numerous times during his run at ferrari. It's been the exception that more than one car can compete for wins over a whole season, not the norm. The lot here lamenting the state of f1 are actually lamentjng the state of ferrari but rather than place the blame on them where it's squarely deserved, they bizarrely blame mercedes for being too good and the fia for not showing them down. F1 is a good (or bad) as it's always been, with the exception that most cars actually finish the races now, unlike in the old days.

Cavallino Nero Rampante and ktu like this.
  15. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    I'm not sure what you want me to admit.
    Was Senna's performance overshadowed by the quality of his Mclaren?

16. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    #216 DeSoto, Aug 17, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
    I've already said here, but that's not accurate: in the first 4 decades of F1 it was not usual that a team won two championships in a row.

But this is not a new problem, it just got worse with the years. The causes are out of the scope of this discussion.

17. Natkingcolebasket69

Let me be clear I do not care about Ferrari at all.
    F1 is just boring to watch period. Was the same on the Schumacher era. Why waste time watching when you already know who is going to win? The sound of the engine is also pathetic. This is the worst era since the early 2000’s by far. Competition in sports is everything, there is hardly any of that.
    Lewis is head ans shoulders about his teammate, max doesn’t have the car to win consistently etc
    Guess what will be the same next year too.
    It’s just sad to watch.
    Historically f1 goes through those stretches but this is just bad. Vettel had a bit of a challenge from Alonso and he and Webber would fight at times.
    Schumacher had 0 challenge from his teammate for years. Hakkinen had a rival in Schumacher and prior to this the Williams dominated a few years and it was was equally boring.
    The late 80’s McLaren were also super dominating but at least there was drama between Prost and Senna...
    Nowadays? There is just nothing. Mercedes has the best driver, the best car, package and I defy anyone telling me last race was fun to watch? I mean honestly if the 2 Mercedes had retire then u have a close field but they are just too good and all we have is Martin brundle and crofty trying to yell from their booth to create some atmosphere whilst there isn’t one.

TonyL and jpalmito like this.
  18. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Did they remind HIM that HE forced Schumacher out in 2006 and the rest of the "dream team" by 2008??????

jpalmito likes this.
  19. Natkingcolebasket69

#219 Natkingcolebasket69, Aug 17, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
    Oh man here u go again: Senna had amazing performances in a car that was the 3rd or 4th fastest of the field or even the worst. Hamilton never was in the worst car...ever , period, case closed.
    Senna had a rival in his own team which made the season interesting otherwise it was equally boring as now when Berger was his teammate.
    When rosberg was with Hamilton at least there was some competition, some drama. Mercedes was smart to put a true #2 that knows his place and isn’t nearly as good as Hamilton not even close. We all see and know that.
    It’s great to be a Hamilton fan, doesn’t bother me, what is bothering, is the lack of intellectual honesty not to admit that if Hamilton is in say red bull now then mostl likely by the end of the season any #1 driver ar Mercedes would still stand the greater chance to be WC over the rest. The merc are just as good as that good old 96 Williams in 96 that made hill WC... Hill wasn’t better than bottas but his car was enough to win it all. Don’t get me wrong: Hamilton is miiiiiiiiiiles better than hill, not even a comparison, but we are in a situation where just like Schumacher in early 2000’s the best driver has the best car and there isn’t enough competition to make this even remotely interesting on a regular basis.

Jakuzzi and jpalmito like this.
  20. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    I respectfully disagree.....

21. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    I respectfully disagree.....

ktu and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  22. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    +1000.
    Be careful William will lost his nerves if he read this post!
    it amazes me for some F1 should be a military plan without any kind of suspens.

23. Natkingcolebasket69

As Corneille said:” 'To win without any peril is to triumph without glory'
    That’s the state of F1 right now, as it has before... it’s as thrilling as watching darts or curling on tv nowadays;)

jpalmito likes this.
  24. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    I'm was only referring to Senna's dominant Mclaren

25. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Hammy fanboys perfectly knows the Mercedes hybrid era domination is unique.( 82 or 85% victory).
    They are trying to convince themselves because secretly they have some doubts about his place in the GOAT ranking.
    Two years of confrontation between Senna and Prost brought them directly to the Pantheon of this sport.
    Huge difference i would say.