Ford GT | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ford GT

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by v tach, Apr 18, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Craigy

Craigy Formula 3

Mar 19, 2006
    Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Craigy
    Exhaust and a tune. No pulley needed for over 600 horses :)

2. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    I'm speechless. Almost. What?

3. NSXER

NSXER Formula 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Kansas
    V....you have great taste. I would go for the GT as well, they are fantastic cars.
    Hope to see one or the other this year at Crescent.

Brian

4. Kurt E

Kurt E Rookie

Nov 12, 2006
    KC
    I thought V was considering a GT again. I was also wondering how (or why) he was going to Rosso with it. Great shop and nice guys (Jerry is sketchy, though), but, he lives in TX now. Holy thread resurrection.

Kurt E

5. Jerry Dobson

Jerry Dobson Karting

Jul 19, 2004
    Exactly one year and someone digs up this old thread!

V ended up buying a Diablo. His Diablo has the “No Fire” option since it has not burned to the ground yet.

Kurt E, the next time I see you I will put a dog in your car: http://www.g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212883

6. v tach

v tach Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 14, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    Jerry's right...no GT for me, although I still think they are fantastic cars. It's interesting to read this thread a year later, however. I especially like Billy's $90k comment...here we are a year later and I don't think the Ford GT's have dropped in price at all...in fact, they've gone up!!

ps Jerry, what are you doing on the G35 forum? What's next, turbovwbug.com?

7. Kurt E

Kurt E Rookie

Nov 12, 2006
    KC
    He was NOT searching for cars when he found those pics.

Kurt E

8. Cyclenirvana

Cyclenirvana Karting

Feb 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Ethan
    I have driven the lambo gallardo, 360, 430, and Ford GT. As I could only buy one, I bought the Ford GT. I have owned it for 2 years now, no regrets. I would say that the 360 or 430 would be better daily drivers. I have found that the biggest limitation of the GT is the Goodyear tires. Put some Hoosiers on this animal and it will cling to the road like a scared cat. The build quality is excellent and on par with the other exotics in its class. W. Mitty gave an excellent review of the Ford GT vs. 430 on this forum (http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174303&highlight=ford+gt+430), as he owns both cars. The only misconception is that the center console is silver painted magnesium and not plastic which Mitty later acknowledges. Although I am biased, I would say that you NEED to test drive other cars before making this decision. The 360 is a great car and can be had quite reasonably now. The 430 is better IMHO, and if I could afford 2 exotics, I'd buy it and park it next to my Ford GT. But the 430 is still quite expensive. Good luck with your decision. It's fun isn't it?? Test driving these great cars!!

9. Kleos1

Kleos1 Karting

Feb 1, 2004
    Urbandale Iowa
    Full Name:
    Garry Haas

Now to hijack this thread one moment, Jerry check you pm's over on the VCA forms :)

10. closeshave

closeshave Formula 3

Nov 13, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Davy J
    #35 closeshave, May 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have owned my Ford GT for a year now. I have the Gulf colored Heritage version. It really is a great car. It handles superbly it is very quick. I'm really glad I bought my car. It has not dropped in value in the year I have owned it in fact it has appreciated a little, due to the fact that they were only made for two years, and a some have now been damaged, good ones are going up in value. I would say the only downside is the lack of space for luggage, and lack of door pockets sounds silly but if like me you have the mackintosh stereo option there is not even a glove box so there really is NOWHERE to put keys a phone or wallet!! But that really is a small price to pay for such an awesome car. It’s a real occasion driving it and I feel you get less people having a jealously problem like you sometimes can with a Ferrari. It’s a great car go for it!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. Jerry Dobson

Jerry Dobson Karting

Jul 19, 2004
    Hey Vivek,
    I know that you are looking at Ford GT again. It’s a good thing that Billy Fitness is not your investment advisor. It’s been a few years and the Ford GT is still not at $90k or anywhere near it. Had you bought a Ford GT a few years back, you would not have lost any money.

Jerry

12. v tach

v tach Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 14, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    Ha! This thread will never die! It's true, back in the market for a GT and interesting enough, their values haven't dipped a bit since this thread was originally started over 3 years ago. Even more interesting, the car stays competitive with current vehicles even though the GTs are now 5 years old. I do remember a time when people were waiting for these cars to hit $80-90k so they could jump on them...not likely to ever happen.

13. champagne612

champagne612 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Mar 28, 2009
    I like the car - but where can you park it? Those doors open up and it made it a impossible car for me to use as a daily driver. Other than that - Its a beast!

14. Jerry Dobson

Jerry Dobson Karting

Jul 19, 2004
    Four years later and the price of the Ford GT’s have skyrocketed. Now top choice examples at $300k and near $500k for a Heritage Edition. I debated a Ford GT when I bought my Gallardo. Both were at Mid $130K. The Ford has doubled in value. V, I bet you wish you would have purchased a fleet of Ford GTs and retire today.