Ford GT Prices are unhinged | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ford GT Prices are unhinged

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by PMiranda, May 21, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Rare? o_O They built over 4,000 '05 - '06. :eek: :)

Davesvt2000 likes this.
  2. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    True enough, but how many are still roadworthy? And how many of them left the states? The car definitely feels rare. After all, there are less than 20 being actively marketed in the US right now.

3. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Thats it, there aren't many for sale or at least advertised which keeps values up.

Thecadster likes this.
  4. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    4k is not that many.

Thecadster likes this.
  5. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    With a Ford GT, it isn’t about the rarity (because 4,000 is a big number) it’s about the demand. I’m pretty confident that more guys keep a Ford GT for 10 years than any other model from any manufacturer. In addition, I know of a bunch of owners with 2 or more, some with 3-4. Every car museum has one (or more).

Finally, seemingly every Ford guy in a truck or Mustang has an end goal of owning one. And that number dwarfs the number of people interested in Italian cars.

6. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    All good points Shark.

FLGT and Shark01 like this.
  7. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    I'll get the check in the mail as soon as I can.

Thecadster likes this.
  8. yoda

yoda F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2004
    UT
    As we know all used car prices are up. I watch Bat auctions everyday and I'm getting surprised at what some cars are selling for. 996 Porsches, NSX, etc. bringing in big money right now.

Texas Forever likes this.
  9. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    As far as I remember.. wasn't the Ford Gt the only north American production car to increase in value as it rolled down the production line?

10. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    I’d say no.....while there was a substantial premium for early cars, by the end of the run they were easy to get for sticker. Then there was some untitled units that were unsold as late as the 2008 crash. There was a guy (so I’m told) who bought a new Heritage from a dealer who went out of business for $117k. And guys talked about buying lightly used ones for $135k or so.

The first run up I think was more like 2011. I’m now looking at a pricing survey I charted in July 2012 where the prices were around $170k ask for cars with 8k to 13k miles (most sticker prices were around $160k). I charted lots of different cars back then.

When I posted the FGT charts on the forum from that era, like 3 guys replied saying they saw their car on the list.

BJK likes this.
  11. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    Shark is correct, they were cheap after the initial run and some sat at dealers for a long time. In 2010/2011 I was between an FGT & pre-LP Murci as they were the same price range ($120k for a clean driver). I went for the Murci over the FGT in Feb '11 as it came down to Lambo > Ford and I decided to have a Murci first, then change to a FGT a few years later. About 6 months later FGT started to jump in price significantly which I did not anticipate based on the prior value trend and there wasn't a build up to higher values (like there has been over the past few years with the manual craze), it was like a light switch for a $50k jump.