Ford Focus RS! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ford Focus RS!

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by nicholasn, Jun 25, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    I can sense a couple of bans.

2. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    While the spirit of your post is understood, parts of it actually cross the line between constructive criticism and personal attack/insult. We encourage bottom-up moderation in situations where it is called for, but users need to be more mindful of where that line lies and avoid crossing it.

3. DesertDawg

DesertDawg Eight Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 25, 2010
    The Desert
    Full Name:
    DesertDawg
    Wow! Just about lost my lunch there (not sure if it was due to laughing so hard, or something else!).

:D

4. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    I'll take a couple days voluntarily for the inappropriate way in which I called BS. Next time I'll keep my mouth shut and just post links. Be back Wednesday. :)

5. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Well I'm sure it will be nice, but I think I with stick to my Abarth, which cost me $19,200 ($9200 off sticker) brand new. It is not AWD (which I despise except on SUV's and family sedans), it is lightweight fun and I could have bought two of them for the price of this Ford. I also will admit it reminds me of one of those boy racer type of cars, I stopped being one of those types 40 years ago. And just to state fact my mom never had a basement!

6. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    My criticism was strictly based on the video's and I am not a fan of a dual outlet exhaust on a single cylinder bank engine of which I have personal experience with but to each their own.

You jump up my a$$ because I dislike something but then you turn around and do the same thing, calling the kettle black aren't you?

I refuse to lower myself to your level and respond to the rest of your post but thanks for the laugh.

7. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Ford Focus RS Pricing, Options Accidentally Revealed Online | News | Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog

Looks like it'll start at $35,730, plus $875 for destination.

8. norcal2

norcal2 F1 Veteran

"
    How reliable are the clutch packs?

"Every Focus RS will shunt its output through a six-speed manual transmission and onto a new all-wheel-drive system that features clutch packs on each rear half-shaft to deliver dynamic torque vectoring"

9. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  10. yoda

yoda F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2004
    UT
    Great value and I suspect the depreciation will be slow. My only hope is that the dealers don't tack on "market adjustment".

11. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

ScuderiaWithStickPlease F1 World Champ

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    Some preliminary impressions:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF4ml18x_XU[/ame]

12. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Oooh boy I need 'drift mode'!!

13. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ftei3z4KS-4[/ame]

14. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    This can be mined for additional details:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtuqPAkl-SY[/ame]

15. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    from evo.co.uk

Ford Focus RS review - prices, specs and 0-60 time | Evo

I just priced one out on Ford.com. It came in at ~$42K. There's a lot of tech to go wrong on this new thing. For me, I'd look for something used, probably a 987.2S coupe.

16. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    A lot of car for the $. Price diff. between the RS and the Audi RS3/Merc. A45 is huge. Even more so after options.

17. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    There are many variables with the RS.

1. The tech is proven.
    2. The tech is meeting a new platform.
    3. The vehicle (just like Scubs) is over priced.
    4. Ford is playing to the "gotta have it now crowd" hence the initial pricing.
    5. Ford is not playing "smart cards" because if they were there would be a sub $30K model.
    6. Ford is desperate.
    7. "Found on side of road dead" is a hard habit to break.

18. Davesvt2000

Davesvt2000 Formula 3

May 3, 2005
    Central Mass.
    Full Name:
    Dave G.
    How is ford desperate ??

19. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    Agreed.

But for me the asking price is such that I'd go a different way. (I'm not saying others should follow. To each his own on such issues.)

20. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    #45 ScuderiaWithStickPlease, Jan 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RBU_3m_78k[/ame]

I liked this guy's 991 GTS review.

Here, he breaks down this long video in the description section so viewers can go right to the specific "chapters" they're interested in. He's also uploaded a video on the RS in German that runs considerably longer . . .

21. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    You do know what FORD stands for right? j/k

Ford missed out on a huge market, regarding the US, since the very first RS. Why was the rest of the world deemed worthy and not the US? The RS from inception could have very easily met NHSTA standards but now we are deemed worthy of a $40K+ Focus?

As the universal market grows more competitive by the hour Ford is reaching. JMO

22. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    #47 ypsilon, Jan 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
    Because Ford, like many other brands, felt the need to differentiate between markets. Hot hatches like the RS were considered a European/Japanese thing. With their new market approach they've repaired that.

Which also means; Europe never got the Mustang, now it's available; a 5.0 V8 for the unheard of price of 50k Euro (in Germany).

As another example; I still don't get why VW sells a different, lower quality Passat in the US as they do in Europe.

23. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    It is a tad odd but I am very very happy about the RS and cannot wait to drive one, I wish there was a sub-$30K model though. If I am correct there are options that could push the car close to $50K, just hearsay though.

I do want one...."cannonball!!!"

24. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    with this new rs, the Shelby 350r, and the soon to be gt, I would say ford is on quite the roll. those 3 cars can stack up against any manufacturers top 3. bravo

25. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    You can configure one on their site, texasmr2.

I'd think that a used ST with a pile of custom picked Mountune stuff would make a fine car -- and, as someone else mentioned, there should be a lot of STs being traded in for RSs soon . . .