Sold - Ford F-250 or F-350 Super Duty 2017-2019 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Sold Ford F-250 or F-350 Super Duty 2017-2019

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Robb, Jul 12, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Must be a shortage of full-size trucks. According to same sources, my previously mentioned ‘16 appears to have gained another couple of grand more value since my last comment ??? Never seen anything like this before. :confused:
    If this keeps up, maybe in a year or two it'll be worth same (or more) than I paid for it new ? o_O

2. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Even older stuff is super tough right now. Manheim is a joke, people are paying over (or WAY over) book for used boat anchors.

I picked up a really nice 2010 F-250 Lariat 6.4 Powerstroke a month ago, def. paid all the wood, and STILL need to put CATs on for emissions

@Robb do you have any friends with auction access who can spot for you?

technom3 likes this.
  3. LBBP

LBBP Formula Junior

My 2015 F250 Lariat diesel has also increased in value as well, I've thought of buying a newer truck (F450) after the first of the year. With it only having 24k miles (90% towing a 30' car trailer) it's been a bullet proof tow vehicle with zero issues. My selling dealer is always wanting to buy back my truck which I assume mens they have a lot of people looking for used diesel trucks.

4. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Seems like there are more dually’s out there at more reasonable prices.

I’ve read that they are not good in the rain or snow. How is that possible if we are still talking 4x4 with proper tires? I don’t get that?

Seems like a dually would be fine for extra payload. I just don’t have the width to park it between my two post lift so wasn’t considering them.

Robb

5. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I don’t know any car dealers or any info on the auctions...

Robb

6. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Manheim is a waste of time especially for trucks.

Better off just buying off the street.

I litterally buy off the street and sell at Manheim or a few truck stores to save them the buy fee. It's pretty silly.

You won't find any good inventory going through manhiem right now. And if you do you will pay up up up up.

If you can wait 60 days... Do it. The market is going to be much different in 60 days in my opinion.

7. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    Totally spot on. Just sold a range rover sport svr at manheim for more than I paid for it in December. Everything is 10-20% more than it was precovid. Dealers are overpaying and then have to pay auction fees, transport, and maybe recon, makes absolutely no sense. Way better off buying off the street. Money is flowing for no reason. Inventory low yet people don't really have anywhere to go and unemployment high...

technom3 likes this.
  8. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Yup. Nothing at all makes sense in the car world.

What's funny is I have this little cream puff of a fiat abarth for like 12k and it has 7k miles and I can't get a buyer. But the Ferraris and stuff I have sells for big money and fast... Go figure.

More and more real estate signs going up as available... more closures and going out of business signs...

Yet...

The luxury car market is insane.

carz80am and BMW.SauberF1Team like this.
  9. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Crazy today I found out a coworker's 2019 Tacoma bit the dust in Page, AZ on a weekend trip Saturday. Fuel pump failed. They've been trying since 2019 to get the recall done, but Toyota kept saying no parts available. We're all in Tucson so her in-laws had to drive to pick them all up. Flagstaff Toyota dealer wouldn't give them a loaner and truck is there for 2+ weeks minimum and they're not sure how they'll get it back down here. Dealer they bought from here (same one that screwed me) won't give them a loaner. Toyota corporate not interested in helping with a loaner or timeframe for recall work and said they'd pay for their rental as long as it's a Toyota and they couldn't get a Toyota rental after 3 tries. She's done with Toyota and wants to sell when they get it back.

I see you're in AZ so probably best to stick to Ford in case you can't find anything and start thinking about Toyota just because of how they seem to treat customers...

10. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Parts are tough in the industry right now.

Heck my buddy bought a brand new Tesla... They are out of chargers and have been for 45 days. Lol. How would you like that!?!?!?! Lol.

If your friend wants a Ford have them reach out to me a friend owns a small dealer outside of the Phoenix area but he treats his customers extremely well.

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  11. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    This thread is spot on. I’ve been looking for A used F150 and it’s nuts. Little to no inventory and prices close to new.

I looked at a new Tacoma and they instantly took 3,500 off MSRP and 0% without me even negotiating. Might have been due to it being the 31st or it could be they really wanted my Alfa bad.

12. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    halr75 likes this.
  13. Bthesixthree

Bthesixthree Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 18, 2013
    CA
    Full Name:
    B
    Robb likes this.
  14. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
  15. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Found a CPO Platinum at a dealer meeting all my specs so I pulled the trigger.

will post a photo when I pick up this weekend...

Robb

technom3 and halr75 like this.
  16. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    It’s White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat... so should look great with the sports cars.

Robb

Bas and technom3 like this.
  17. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Killer! Glad you found a good rig!

Robb likes this.
  18. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    VAF84, Boomhauer and 19633500GT like this.