430 - For those with Top Speed headers | Page 2 | FerrariChat

430 For those with Top Speed headers

Discussion in '360/430' started by MJGinTX, Apr 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MJGinTX

MJGinTX Karting

Mar 30, 2019
    Noblesville, IN
    I have a 430 - and had to go through a few to get ones that were nice and flat.

In fairness though - the ones that were not as flat as I would have liked, might have been fine once mounted but I didn’t want to take any chances.

2. Zed82

Zed82 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2017
    Sweden
    I had those fitted for two seasons and they worked good but they have a certain sound resonance that i don´t like. It sounds more like a boxer or boat engine and ruins the typical Ferrari howl even with exhaust systems like S-Line. If you search for videos on Youtube you will hear it on low rpms.

3. captglen

captglen Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2007
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Glenn L.
    kes7u likes this.
  4. captglen

captglen Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2007
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Glenn L.
  5. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    That's a shame. I don't see any headers listed for the 360....

Kevin

6. captglen

captglen Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2007
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Glenn L.
    yes we have them

Attached Files:

7. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I'm sorry, but were you referring to me? Are these for the 360?

Thanks!
    Kevin

8. captglen

captglen Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2007
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Glenn L.
  9. captglen

captglen Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2007
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Glenn L.
    kes7u likes this.
  10. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    Sound depends on the year of your car... I dont know why .. mine is an 05 and it screams.. stock exhaust otherwise. One of my friends with an 08 hated the sound on his. Too deep.. no clue why

11. Ikketull

Ikketull Rookie

Dec 28, 2020
    Dallas TX
    Full Name:
    Erik Larsen
    I have Topspeed headers on my 430 with the rest of the exhaust being stock, with Big Daddies O2 simulator. I had them ceramic coated inside and outside. $250. After driving the car and doing the hand over exhaust, it appears the headers are not nearly as hot as the muffler, so I am very pleased with the ceramic coating.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

12. Felix Yuen

Felix Yuen Karting

Sep 3, 2018
    Full Name:
    Felix Yuen

what is the BIGDADDIES trick to removing CEL after header

13. Daryl Zernick

Daryl Zernick Karting

Jul 7, 2020
    South Bend, IN
    Full Name:
    Daryl A. Zernick
    The Top Speed headers still holding up? Curious what year yours is and if you are happy with the sound. I have a 2008 F430.

14. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    installed topspeed on 360 in 2019... still work fine, no cracks, no leaks... the transmit f car effluent from the heads to the cat pipes as designed.

15. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Guys.. you own 200k cars and are cheaping out on a very critical component. Use a quality product..please.

Both Tubi and Capristo are the options..nothing else. The rest are cheap off shore junk. Sorry to be blunt. But if you need to pick and choose between different sets in order to get straight flanges? Holy smokes..I would stop right there..

Let's put it this way..you have 2 of the exact same car to choose from. One with top speed headers..no blankets..or Tubi which are factory shelided..what car do you choose?

16. Ikketull

Ikketull Rookie

Dec 28, 2020
    Dallas TX
    Full Name:
    Erik Larsen
    I have had them a little over a year and a half now on my 2007 and put 3000 miles on them. So far so good. I couldn’t hear a difference from the original to the Topspeed headers as far as sound. Nor could I feel any difference in power.
    But, a friend of mine in Europe lost 25hp on the dyno with Topspeed headers vs original headers on his 2005. He had the original ones repaired and put back on the car. I don’t know if other aftermarket headers produce a gain or loss. Whoever claims gains, I would have to see dyno reports to be convinced.
    So I would probably buy Topspeed again for another F430. The savings are too great to ignore. I would also definitely recommend a good ceramic coating inside and out vs blankets. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

17. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    I live everyday w the shame of installing ts headers……. First thing people ask when they see my Ferrari…. Hey are those ts headers under those header blankets?

im learning to cope though :)

Atlantic and Daryl Zernick like this.
  18. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    Curious to what makes you think these are so much better other then they are more expensive? At 8 times the cost there better be a substantial difference. Yet I have not seen anything to indicate that they are any better. Everyone that I have heard that has had both or driven both prefer the sound of the 4-1 design of the top speed over the 4-2-1 (tubi/capristo). I’ve had my top speed headers inspected prior to installation and all the welds passed inspection and it was perfect fitment. I have had them and the titanium wrap on for over 6 years now with zero problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. netsec

netsec Karting

May 5, 2022
    Henderson, NV
    Perhaps both relevant and off topic regarding heat control..
    Check out Zybar (https://zycoat.com/). Inexpensive and very effective. Will be coating the factory headers on the 360 in the coming weeks, will document the process with pre/post temp readings.

20. Atlantic

Atlantic Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2015
    Porto, Portugal/New York, USA
    Full Name:
    Rob
    How have the IPE headers and Capistro blankets held up? TIA

21. Zed82

Zed82 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2017
    Sweden
    No issues at all. Fourth season in.

22. Atlantic

Atlantic Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2015
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Thanks Zlatan! I'm in Portugal, who is the European distributor for IPE?

23. Zed82

Zed82 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2017
    Sweden
    Not quite sure. I bought my set from a Swedish retailer called JR Performance.

24. Atlantic

Atlantic Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2015
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Thanks Zlatan!

Zed82 likes this.
  25. Nazar1960

Nazar1960 Rookie

Sep 11, 2022
    Full Name:
    Tony Ferreira
    I'm looking at purchasing my first Ferrari and found what appears to be a great 2007 F430 Spider. My main concern is that it has an Innotech Performance Exhaust and I live in CA. Not sure if it'll pass smog. Any CA members with an Innotech exhaust ? If so, what's been your experience with them ? Thanks for any info.