For Sale - For sale ONE owner 1954 mile 1992 348tb | FerrariChat

For Sale For sale ONE owner 1954 mile 1992 348tb

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Stentboy, Nov 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Without great enthusiasm I’m offering my extremely low mileage one owner 1954 mile red/tan 1992 348tb for sale. I am the car’s original owner, and I would venture to say that it is probably one of the nicest if not the nicest 348 on the planet. It literally still smells new. I have all the original paperwork, keys etc., and two of the Lori original keychains come with the car as do some interesting gifts and tchotchkes that the dealership gave/sent to me after the cars purchase. The paint is exceptional and far better than when it was delivered to me almost 28 years ago. There is absolutely no rust on the car, not even flash rust, as the car has NEVER BEEN WASHED.This vehicle has been regularly serviced and has had one engine out, which probably was not necessary, approximately 10 years ago. I start the car regularly and it runs fine without any error codes; however, the tires, that look pristine, have obviously timed out. I have the cars original cover and a new replacement that has only been test fitted, and the original floor mats have never had my feet on them.

I’ve noted from watching these ads that there are some amongst us that feel compelled to criticize car owners for not driving their cars more; if you are of that ilk kindly save your divisive and non-constructive comments to yourself.

I’m not in any real big hurry to sell as I’ve been her custodian for the last 27+ years so another year or so won’t matter, but I realize that I cannot be responsible for the car indefinitely and it’s time for someone else to have her. I will entertain offers at and over $100,000. If you are serious about the car feel free to PM me or email me at [email protected]. I will provide a few photographs herein but the car is how you would imagine a brand new car to look. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Wow, I’ve already received offers but neither quite reached 100 K. I will be posting the vin number later for those that are interested. Also the car was last serviced early this year, fluids and such. The only engine out it has had was in September 2008 or 2009. Also the tires are original and visually perfect but obviously it wouldn’t be safe to drive the car with 28-year-old tires.

3. Rostami6

Rostami6 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2013
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Amir
    Where is this car located?

4. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Mckinney Texas.

5. dsevo

dsevo Formula Junior

May 7, 2007
    Flower Mound, TX
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    Wow, cool time capsule, and local! My first Ferrari experience was when I was 16 and my Grandfather bought his first 1991 348 TS. It’s the car that created my love for the brand. GLWS.

Stentboy likes this.
  6. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    Incredible on so many levels. What a stunningly beautiful example!

jjmalez and Stentboy like this.
  7. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Thank you very much. I’ve now received three offers all between 90 and 95 and all from dealers. Here’s one more photo of the car’s interior to show just how pristine the driver seat is. The car still has all its assembly line marks and paint dabs because it’s always been stored properly, and as I indicated earlier it has never been washed. If it’s still for sale I’ll post some more photographs this weekend. Image Unavailable, Please Login

myronx19 likes this.
  8. jferrante

jferrante Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2016
    Awesome car and example....seems like some pretty solid offers I would consider.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

9. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    Absolutely amazing car! GLWS

Stentboy likes this.
  10. GTUnit

GTUnit Karting

May 25, 2014
    Socal
    Full Name:
    Jack
    This is pretty crazy. Basically new 348. Someone will easily give you what you are asking. Its a museum piece.

ernie and Stentboy like this.
  11. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Thank you and we’re getting close but my wife says I can’t sell it for under 100. LOL Seriously though if the attention that it’s received so quickly from dealers is an indicator it should sell for 100 at a minimum. If it doesn’t I’ll be OK with that. And I should’ve mentioned earlier but it comes with clear title and flawless Carfax. More photos will come this weekend as the car is on a lift in my house over my Lambo and the weather hasn’t been conducive to me getting it down for some additional pictures.

12. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    I wonder how it would do on BAT? Recently a Stadale with 14k miles sold in the 170s, two 360 sticks did in the 80s. I thought all would have done more but who knows. The only one I know of with less miles is the Bachman 348 Challenge and the complete kit is in plastic with labels and all Ferrari Challenge books. I think 650 miles or less. Just crazy.

348 is the most "connected" to the road Ferrari with its rack and pinion. If I was putting together a collection your car would be on it.

Stentboy likes this.
  13. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    You and your wife are on target. Best to you both.

Stentboy likes this.
  14. jferrante

jferrante Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2016
    From someone who has followed the 348s pretty closely over past few years, BAT seems to be pretty spot on with market and with right pictures, videos etc can really bring a strong selling price. I would recommend a shot at the platform.

15. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Thank you but I’m not in a hurry and I don’t want a lot of Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login drama. As promised here are some more photographs.

myronx19, sportback and technom3 like this.
  16. jferrante

jferrante Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2016
    Good luck with it she's gorgeous

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Stentboy likes this.
  17. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Do you have the original window sticker? I wonder what its msrp was?

Seems like there must be some collection out there that needs a museum piece 348...

18. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Yes I have the window sticker and it’s in pristine condition. The sticker price what is $111,400. As I recall I think I paid 95 for it. I also found some scoring sheets from the the biggest Italian car show we use to have in Dallas at that time. The car twice scored 100 points. Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    This car is worth every penny.

20. 355 Giallo gtb

355 Giallo gtb Karting

Mar 14, 2015
    California
    Full Name:
    Rob p.
    Nice Car! I have an interest but below what the dealers are offering. I to think those offers are a fair price and should consider them.

21. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I think so as well. TWT. If it doesn’t I’ll keep it.

cnpapa24 likes this.
  22. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Don't see this listed every day. Not a car for the average 348 buyer. Have you listed this in Ferrari Market Letter?

jjmalez likes this.
  23. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    No and I don’t anticipate listing it anywhere else for now anyway. Like I said I’m not in a hurry and I don’t want any drama or hassle. Here is a photograph of my daughter “guarding” the car at a car show. She’s now 28 years old and an attorney in my office. I think she was 4 or Image Unavailable, Please Login 5 when this photograph was taken.

24. albert328gts

albert328gts Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    I can't believe it's not sold yet. WOW that is absolutely beautiful! GLWS

LVP488 and Stentboy like this.
  25. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Keep it as it is. Offer it again in 6 months so I can have my finances in order.

Joe

WJC and Stentboy like this.