FOD under new ownership? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

FOD under new ownership?

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by chas-3, Apr 27, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Picked up my 458 Spider today after the annual service was completed. Plus baby got new shoes...Mich Pilot SS (again...love em).

They had a customer's newly delivered rosso corsa (?) 458S with Blue/white stripes. the car looks better in person than in pics. the engine is gorgeous...a work of art indeed.

they also had a yellow customer F12 on the lift. (yellow is not my favorite color and for me it just doesn't work on the F12...IMVHO).

The first New Cali Ts will be arriving in Sept/Oct.

BTW I really had fun driving the Spider home over Indy Pass...several waterfalls. Not a cloud in the sky and missed the Twin Tunnels construction...by a half hour. :)

I have been driving the Spider so much (14K+ to date) that the only thing they found was a dirty air filter that needed to be replaced. Too soon to be covered by the free maintenance. Brake fluid, oil etc was done and covered.

Best car I have ever owned.

Best

2. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
    Do you know if the Speciale will be there for sometime?
    I want to see the F12 too, because it's giallo modena ;)

3. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    I presume the F12 will be delivered to the customer ASAP. If I had an F12 I would want my car the sooner the better. I am sure FoD will do their best to accomodate.

A friend had an Italia come in and FoD busted their a$$ to ger his car ready for the FCA Fall Foiliage Tour...I believe it was a day.

Best

4. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    Ronnie, the F12 was delivered yesterday but I'd assume you'll get your chance to see it at the FCA picnic.

As for the Speciale, it's being serviced right now and should be delivered on Saturday.

5. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
    Thanks for the info Derek.

6. dom2000

dom2000 Rookie

Jun 12, 2014
    twin city, Minnesota
    I heard he's a young very rich, Harvard graduate Russian, with an even richer father?
    can anybody confirm?
    that's what I was told.

7. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    I don't think that rumors or innuendo belong here.

8. skydivr

skydivr Rookie

Sep 4, 2013
    Cincinnati,OH.
    Full Name:
    John Anderson
    I think this is a proper spot to voice opinions and rumors about new owners of dealerships. I heard he is dragging down the staff at either FOD or Alger Philadelphia and several employees have quit already !!! I hope this is not a new trend.

9. GrndLkNatv

GrndLkNatv Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2006
    Grand Lake, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Stephens
    #35 GrndLkNatv, Dec 12, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
    Yes, Viktor Vekselberg is the guys father. Aleks is the son's name( http://thishousewillexist.org/aleksandervekselberg.php ) his father and Putin were buddies but are on the outs from what I have been told (semi reliable 3rd party). If anyone here has ever done business in Russia it is different than you are accustomed to here in the states.... I myself have spent time in Moscow and .. Anyway I am just happy Mark and Derek are still there working away since they are who we deal with on a daily basis.

10. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
    Aleks was at the FoD party yesterday.

11. GrndLkNatv

GrndLkNatv Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2006
    Grand Lake, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Stephens
    I was supposed to be there but the sinus infection kept me home.. Didn't need to ruin everyone elses holidays. Looks like it was a great time.

12. MichaelB145

MichaelB145 Karting

Apr 22, 2010
    at the Man Cave
    Full Name:
    Michael Bergren
    I was very impressed with how easy it was to talk to Aleks. Very nice guy and great party!

13. chas-3

chas-3 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 28, 2009
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    Good to know, Mike. Looking forward to meeting him sometime.