FOC-MI Spring Kick Off Drive 4/22 (S.E.) | FerrariChat

FOC-MI Spring Kick Off Drive 4/22 (S.E.)

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by 348_Spiderman, Apr 7, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    FOC Michigan is pleased to announce our Spring Kick Off drive, April 22nd. We will meet at Scuderia Scappaticci (mailto:[email protected] for directions and to RSVP) in Salem Township/Ann Arbor between 8:30am and 9am. Light continental fare will be provided. We'll line up and commence our drive by 9:15a or so.

The route will take us to the Brighton are, and anyone interested can return to Scuderia Scappaticci for a barbeque after the drive where we can swap stories.

I believe that Marco will be available to talk about film protection for our prized possessions for anyone who is interested.

Invite your friends as all marques and enthusiasts are welcome!!! Please RSVP by 4/18 so we can plan the food accordingly.

If you're not already on the FOC-MI mailing list and would like to be added (periodic notifications and invitations to FOC and other events), please send me an email requesting to be added and I'll add you to the list!

2. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    The rout will keep us on smoother roads, with connecting roads to the more enjoyable streatches from Brighton to Milford. :)

3. modmaki

modmaki Formula 3

Sep 11, 2006
    Michigan,USA
    Full Name:
    Mo Makki
    good morning mike...count me in as i've already e mailed you...just wondering is thr drive long enough? it seems ann arbor to brighton is kind of short......MO

4. pastmaster

pastmaster Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2006
    Alma, Michigan USA
    Amici,

Bono Pascha, I wish I could be there amongst you, maybe one day...

Is it possible that your route may take a lap of GM's Proving Grounds, at Milford? There may a Tifosi or two that work for the General, to have a Pit-Stop or Courtesy Call, for the cars, at the Visitors Center? I understand that it will be a weekend. Surely a lap around the whole complex on the public roads, like the fans do at Fiorano? You may see something you may have never expected to see. Anyway, just a thought on something to do on the tour.

Ciao...Paolo

5. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    I've been thinking this myself, and will be making a few calls after the holiday w/e finished here. But there are no guarentees, and in all likeliness is a small chance. But it's worth a shot.

The route does include running 1/2 way around the outside of the GM Proving Grounds.

6. pastmaster

pastmaster Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2006
    Alma, Michigan USA
    Great Issac! Hope you can do it.
    After all, GM gave FIAT S.P.A., $2 Billion Dollars, not to have to buy them, so it's almost Family. ;)

Ciao...Paolo

7. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    We're getting closer to you. By my estimation, we are within 90 miles from Alma. Maybe you should convince the courtesy shuttle to take a run to Holly for Lunch on the 22nd? :)

We'll get closer even still at some point I'm sure.

Mike

8. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Mo, thanks to Isaac's help, we have a route that takes us from Nat's house in Salem Township up to the Holly Hotel in Holly, MI. Round trip it's 87 miles with the option to back track which is just over 100 miles. If the weather is good, and time alllows, we can always take an addendum drive after the barbeque at Nat's house.

I guess the question of the hour is: Which car are you going to drive?

I can't imagine how hard a decision that has to be. ("Boxer? Dino?....She loves me, she loves me not...er...Rock, Paper, Scisors...er...Eeny Meeny Miny Mo!"

With the good weather imminently upon us (witness the power of positive thinking!!), we'll have plenty of opportunity to get the f-cars out to play.

Marc Henretta wants to host a drive in Clinton Township. My sister is encouraging me to set up a drive to go to Harsens Island. We'll definately set up a tour to Hell and back. I think Dave is talking about having a drive in conjunction with the Tech day session at Cauley on 5/5.

The PCPS will definately be doing a spring tour that is always delightful. Then there is Gingerman in May, many are planing on heading up to Harbor Springs for the car show in June, Jerry is planning the weekend trip to the wineries.

There will be plenty of driving this season!!!

Mike

9. modmaki

modmaki Formula 3

Sep 11, 2006
    Michigan,USA
    Full Name:
    Mo Makki
    wow thats a mouths full............iam looking forward to it all...as for which car,well it might be the boxer, the dino is getting checked out ...icant get it into first gear...but will see it might be done by then.also for clinton twp run we can stop by my gas station and have tubbys sandwish...i own a station in clinton twp across from macomb county sherife dept.

10. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    Does that mean you have an in with the sheriffs? That could come in handy for a Clinton Township drive.

11. Burrino-72

Burrino-72 Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    Novi, MI
    Full Name:
    Igor
    I look forward to the drive and hopefully good weather.

Mo - i keep hearing about these cars but haven't seen anything yet, I hope they are not matchboxes, LOL

Igor

12. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike

Sorry for jumping in Mo...I can assure you Mr. T, these cars are in fact VERY real. I have had the pleasure of hearing both of them fired up at the same time in Mo's garage! 18 cylinders of pure Ferrari music. Too bad it was snowing the day we went over there as I could tell Mo was really itching to get them out on the road.

Mike

13. Marco0355

Marco0355 Karting

Aug 22, 2005
    GTA
    Thanks Mike,

I'm there! Looking forward to coming out to my first Michigan event, and meeting fellow members.

While I will be bringing one of our vehicles with Paint Protection Film(Clear Bra) coverage for all to view, unfortunately, it won't be an F-Car, so if anyone has an open seat, let me know:)

Marco

14. modmaki

modmaki Formula 3

Sep 11, 2006
    Michigan,USA
    Full Name:
    Mo Makki
    thanks mike for backing me up!this is tought crowds..as for sherrifs dept we know a couple of guys in there that might help us out if need be........and marco i might have an open seat dont know yet...but lets talk as we get closer to event....MO

15. chris marsh

chris marsh F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2005
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Chris Marsh
    Sorry I can't make it. I am attending driver's school at Waterford Hills. You guys should come out there and laugh at my lap times.

16. Scuderia Scappaticci Jr.

Nov 5, 2006
    Ann Arbor
    Full Name:
    Jordon Scappaticci
    sorry boys but im gonna be gone to, i think im goin to nevermind i dont konw where im going but i have a soccer tournament and the old man wont let me skip it

17. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    That's okay Jordon, I'm sure there will be plenty of drives that you'll be able to participate in. We're just getting started!

18. Marco0355

Marco0355 Karting

Aug 22, 2005
    GTA
    Thanks "modmaki", I hope it's available.

19. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I was worried there for a while, and of course we won't know really what the weather will be until Sunday, but this sure sounds good for a nice drive!

"Tune in tomorrow for today's weather!"

Mike

20. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    Just got a C5 Z06, and C6 Z06 along with us... working on a Ford GT, Lingenfelter Corvette, and the local collector ;)

21. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Wow, that's great Isaac! Mike has been gracious enough to invite me to stay at Casa de' Oldani on Saturday night, so I will be at the drive as well. (Otherwise I would have had to get up at 4:00 a.m. to make it there in time from Muskegon).

22. modmaki

modmaki Formula 3

Sep 11, 2006
    Michigan,USA
    Full Name:
    Mo Makki
    does that mean i can take the top off the dino and bring my sun tan lotion

23. don_xvi

don_xvi F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Outside Detroit
    Full Name:
    Don the 16th
    Sign me up!
    I'll send an email in just a minute to make it official.

24. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Mo, I think it does!!! The latest forecast is calling for a high of 67 now! It's calling for partly cloudy, but heck, I can do partly cloudy with a high of 67!!!

Mike

25. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Isaac, is the Ford GT Doug from the GT forum? He sent me an email and is planning on coming it that is the same person you are speaking of.

Mike