Fob and Leather Colors for 3 Fob Ferraris | FerrariChat

Fob and Leather Colors for 3 Fob Ferraris

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by tazandjan, Mar 3, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    As everyone knows, our Ferraris (not you, 2.7 456 owners) came with 3 fobs for their alarm systems. From the factory, one fob came with a leather cover with the same leather color as the primary interior leather color. Ferrari has used a two digit code for leather color on parts, including the alarm fobs, since at least 1996, maybe earlier. These codes continued through part of 612 production, before Ferrari started adding new funky colors. There may be codes for those funky leather colors, too, but since I have a pre-funky leather color Ferrari, the early ones we have are all I have researched. There are still fob covers to be had from some sources, but the problem has always be knowing the leather code so you can order one. Lately, Ferrari has been picky about selling them if they do not match the original color in your interior and require a VIN so they can cross-compare.

I am not sure if those Ferraris with contrast stitching on their interiors were originally supplied with a fob with the contrasting stitching. My 575M's fob color, for example, could have been Charcoal with red stitching. If so, however, the cover and two of the fobs were long gone by the time I picked her up 10 years ago. If anybody out there still has their original cover and it has contrast stitching, please post a photo in this thread.

Over the years, I bought two fob covers, one Charcoal to match my interior, and one Bordeaux for my red fob. I picked up a stained Beige one when it came with a fob I bought years ago. Photos attached below so those of you missing the covers will know how they look.

Primary point, though is a list of the two digit codes Ferrari uses for the fobs and other leather trim pieces. So here is the part number for the fob to go with the leather codes. Good luck on finding one. There are also three colors for which I only know the Connolly code, so those are included, too. If anyone knows what color leather goes with Connolly 4301, 4306, or 4379 let me know. It will be on your build or option sheet if you have one for your Ferrari. Yes, there are two Blu codes. I do not know why yet.

Key fob part number 652597XX.
    00 Nero
    02 Blu Scuro
    04 Crema
    05 Beige
    16 4301
    17 Grigio Scuro
    19 Charcoal
    21 Verde
    22 4306
    23 Blu
    24 4379
    25 Bordeaux
    27 Sabia
    28 Carta Da Zucchero
    29 Cuoio
    30 Rosso
    31 Blu

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

F456M likes this.
  2. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    I'll also add those 4 digit leather codes are just the last 4 digits - see my build sheet from my 98 F1 with Beige 4208, the full code is 364014208

3. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Dave- Affirmative, that is Ferrari's internal code, but I believe the last 4 are the only ones Connolly used.

Some Guy in the sky likes this.
  4. Konadog06

Konadog06 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 22, 2007
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Nero with red stitching. Original fob cover on left and a new Ferrari piece found on eBay on right. Saved the part number but cannot currently find where.
    Bill
    FL

F456M likes this.
  5. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Bill- Thanks for the image. Eurospares had fob covers in Nero with Rosso stitching for sale, but they were very expensive. Could not find them this time, but they were asking over 100 pounds sterling for a black with black stitching. They also list a 65259705 as Beige with red stitching, instead of just Beige. Some of the less popular colors are still relatively inexpensive, if they have them. Found out Connolly 4301 is just plain old Grigio, not one of our leather colors by the time the display shown above was created. Also looks like the fob covers are also listed as 950000XX to add to the confusion.

Incidentally, after you put in your text if you hit the Enter key three times (may work with less strokes, I use three) before uploading your images, the images will not screw with your text.

6. colamclean

colamclean Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2013
    McLean, VA
    Full Name:
    Patrick Transue
    F456M likes this.
  7. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I have a black fob cover which matches the tires of my Sabbia interior 550 and the stitching matches the color of the dash i.e., black> :) And I only have one!

I feel like a stepchild :(

F456M, Il Tifoso and Dave rocks like this.
  8. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Patrick- Thanks for the image. No doubt now the OEM covers matched leather and stitching colors.

Dave- The Sabbia covers may still be available. The two digit codes for the 950000XX part numbers do not match the earlier part numbers' codes, though, so may take me a while to figure out the correct one. 65259727 indicates they are NLA.

Crud, misspelled Sabbia up above.

9. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Thanks Terry but mine is a Skunkworks edition 550 so I don't use the OEM remote.

The remote I use has three buttons, one disables the immobilizer via the hard wired OEM remote, one opens the trunk, and the third opens the garage door.

m5shiv and F456M like this.
  10. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Dave- I had forgotten about your remote set-up. Now you can sell or trade the one cover you do have.

11. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    None of my Ferraris has a fob cover...were these standard equipment everywhere or just in the US?

12. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Darius- They were standard on all the 3 fob Ferraris, as far as I know.

13. Konadog06

Konadog06 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 22, 2007
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #13 Konadog06, Mar 5, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    Taz all my handy work is done with an Idevice. No idea what’s going on there.
    The spare Ferrari fob was purchased on eBay in 2016 for $69.90. The vendor “ferrariadvocates” was offering a Nero with yellow stitching Ferrari fob at the time. Inquired about Nero with red and they had it. Currently that vender has none listed.
    There have been reproduction fob covers available over the years for $30 or so. Not the same quality. Have attached a pic of a repo cover. If someone is interested in this burgundy cover PM and I’ll drop it in the mail. The snaps on the repos aren’t as good as originals imo.
    Bill
    FL
    My apologies, no idea why my text and pics are posting strange.

Attached Files:

14. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Thanks Taz. Looks like my previous owners were careless with those fob covers. Very nice they are, too, will have to try and find one in beige for my 575.

15. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Darius- At least now you know the part number. If you cannot find one, drop me an e-mail.

16. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Will do, thank you. First task when I get back to the UK is to look through the box of things that came with the car..maybe it's in there!

17. docapl

docapl Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Mine is missing. I would like to find one for my 550. Straight up Nero with Nero stitches. Any ideas where to get one?

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

18. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Eurospares is advertising them, but with a very high price.

19. Ruz1

Ruz1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 19, 2013
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    David
    Dave, I was just skimming thru FChat, and came across this, mine is a 360 would this modification work on mine and if so, where do I find instructions if it is a DIY? or where can I order one? this is awesome. solves three annoyances at once.

20. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    It's a DIY I made up myself. There are no instructions but the picture should give you a guide.

I don't know if the 4 channel receivers I used are NLA, you'd have to find one.

21. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Hi Dave.. you only have three buttons. I have twelve buttons. One for each cylinder to remote start the car. Usually I just slam my hand on all of them and the car starts right up!

Ferrari55whoa likes this.
  22. Ruz1

Ruz1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 19, 2013
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    David
    I didn't find that one but it looks like there is others like it, I'm pretty good at following directions but not always good at figuring out the electronics, this looks challenging but not impossible, thank you,

23. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
  24. Ruz1

Ruz1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 19, 2013
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    David
    You're awesome, this makes it easier, I'll buy you a beer or a coffee next time you're in SoCal

25. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Go to Amazon, put this in search box, there are many choices.
    <receiver module 433mhz rolling code>