Flavio Briatore | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Flavio Briatore

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Westworld, Jul 19, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 505T

505T Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Sam

Why Kenya? Because Kenya rocks thats why!

2. Westworld

Westworld Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    Whats in Kenya though? Sorry, I don't know much about Kenya, so I am asking. Is Malaria a big problem?

As for Flavio, does he have a car collection to drool over?

3. 505T

505T Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Sorry my reply popped out twice.

Whats in Kenya? I'm the wrong person to ask because I am heavily biased...being Kenyan and all. However when the English colonised us, I believe it was the temperate climate and spectacular wildlife they were going for, not to mention natural resources too long to list in a Ferrari based forum. Some parts of Kenya have a tendency of simulating the best of British country climates without the severe winters...all in all good weather, no smog. I'm not surprised that Briatore chose Malindi...not only is it the most stunning coastal area I've ever been to, it also has a small colony of Italians. Very odd. They even put up road signs in Italian in addition to Swahili or English. Locals have picked up Italian and many speak it fluently. Plenty of Ducatis in Mombasa, I don't recall seeing any F-car there. There is a very healthy Alfa Romeo club in Nairobi though. I hope one day to take a Ferrari there..so I can be the chairman of the club, treasurer, sergeant-at-arms and sole member!

p.s. Malaria is only a problem if you catch it!

4. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    Work it out.

www.xe.com

5. Westworld

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    Thanks for the response. You hear all of the bad stuff of Africa, you don't really hear about the good, with the expection of the slow rise of South Africa economically.

6. Westworld

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004

Thanks. That's a cool site.

As for Flavio, I love his "Billionaire" brand. Such an incredible marketing name.

7. Westworld

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    An old thread, but saw Flavio's clothing line in an article tonight, and was wondering if anyone seen it yet? Is it over-priced crap like Trump's suit line or is it actually quality and style that can compete with the top designer houses?

8. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    A side question: Did Benetton buy out Toleman? Because I know they originally came in as a sponsor with the Alfa Romeo team. Both Alfa and Toleman were gone in '86, and Benetton-BMW arrived.

9. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    Yep ... Pat Symonds is one of the few that has been with the same team thru its evolution: Toleman, Bennetton, Renault.

10. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Sounds like a Euro Trump alright. And he also has a tendency to cruise around with supermodels on his yatcht, so he's like a mirror image.

11. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    True. But Flavio has sense of style. Oh and, better hair. LOL

12. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Maybe that's why I like him. I'm a big Trump fan, the guy is so funny. :)

13. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    If I could hang with any of the F1 team principals, Flavio is the one I would hang with.

The last would be Ron Dennis...

14. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Indeed....he also scores some serious tush. ;)

15. FrostyAK

FrostyAK Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2005
    Anchorage, AK
    For some reason, whenever I see Flavio Briatore, I can't help but to see Largo from 'Thunderball'.

- Chris

16. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Thanks for the info. It's interesting to look back at that time and see how many teams disappeared.

17. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    The difference between Trump and Flavio can be found in the number of ex-wives ?

18. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    No, but in the beauty of the ex wifes. :)

19. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    IIRC, Naomi accused him of beating her, before we get too carried away with praise for the guy. He's still cool though, and has a great eye for talent... of all kinds. Bravo bravo bravo bravo....

20. Westworld

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    Key word, "accused". It's basically her word against his. Not to say that he didn't, but you never know what has happen.

To be honest, Trump is a terrible businessman, who had a big business to start with. Briatore is actually successful in his ventures, and while he's got an ego, he's not the "I'm rich, and your poor, and I'm better" type of Trump.

I love Flavio. He's brillant, enjoys life yet has a sense of style, and beautiful woman.

21. Westworld

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004

Well, Flavio never has been married has he? He did have a kid with Heidi Klum. Didn't he just drop a load of money on a penthouse in NYC for when he visits?

22. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul

Looks like Naomi can dish it out also...

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,18690,00.html?newsrellink

23. Westworld

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
  24. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
  25. Westworld

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    I've always like guys like Flavio and Simon Cowell. Hard working guys who enjoy life (with the money) and are smart for staying single, or at least not married. They have big egos, but they seem to enjoy themselves (seems like a lot of rich people are miserable). I wonder if staying out of the wedding aisle and doing the whole family thing allows them to be happy? Flavio has a child with Heidi, correct?

Is that article of Flavio (I know she dated a couple of London-based businessmen). Does he even live in London (I would love to see Flavio's house if he had one in London)?