FIVA Classic Vehicle Survey | FerrariChat

FIVA Classic Vehicle Survey

Discussion in 'Australia' started by carl888, Oct 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. carl888

carl888 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Carl
    From the AOMC:

FIVA Socio Economic Survey – Update

As of the 5th October, FIVA has advised that they had received 1691 completed surveys from Australia. This is quite a good result and is statistically significant. However, I have asked the Peak Historic Vehicle Organisations to once again go out to the member clubs to ask that we try and get more completed surveys from those clubs/members, which have yet to participate.

The more surveys we have, the better will be the statistical analysis and the more credible will be the resulting information, when lobbying governments over issues which can be impactful to our use and interest in historic vehicles.

The survey is open until the end of October, so for those people who have not completed the on-line survey, please make time to respond to the survey, which only takes around ten minutes to complete.

The survey is accessed by logging onto fiva.org/en/fiva_survey and then clicking onto the Union Jack Flag for the English Survey. In a drop-down box the survey can be completed by the responder at their address in Australia, which then collects all the information specifically for Australia, prior to it being consolidated with the survey results from 70 other participating countries. The survey information specifically gathered in Australia will be made available to us in Australia, by FIVA. The survey is based on the 2019 calendar year and avoids the disruption of 2020 and Covid – 19.

Andrew McDougall
    FIVA Identity Card Officer – Australia

Maranello550 likes this.
  2. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Cool,I expect to add to my small collection of watches now!

3. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Curious to know what lobbying and issues are involved when aside from the usage figures, all the questions are about what money you spend on the cars? I cancelled it.

4. carl888

carl888 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Carl
    The survey quite clearly states it's a socio-economic survey on the first page.

Part of the this financial information is used by lobby groups (In Australia, that's the AOMC) who put pressure on State Governments to offer concessions to classic car enthusiasts. They're the reason the club permit system exists.

The financial information is also used to in this context to demonstrate how much money is pumped into local businesses. Repairs, maintenance, insurance, social welfare and the impact of events held in regional communities for example. Not to mention employment and skills training.

Maranello550 and Arvin Grajau like this.
  5. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    EGGZACKERY!

As I understand,and I think it came from Leona B when she was Qld pres,the Qld council of car clubs voted AGAINST the type of system you and NSW now have in place...dumbasdogpoo....so called enthusists who don't want to drive their cars!

Arvin Grajau likes this.
  6. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Well that’s my mistake then - didn’t see that.