Fitness Goals for 2013? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Fitness Goals for 2013?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by 575Mike, Dec 25, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NatalliaKosmacheva

Jul 23, 2013
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Natallia
    Have read all posts. You guys doing really great job! Find this kind of motivation extremely useful. Keep going!
    As for me I am the biggest fitness fan ever. If there is no job (=hobby) I would live in the gym:)

My daily routine:

Mon: 10K + 300 squats + abs + weights
    Tue: Crossfit (all brutal things included)
    Wed: Spinning + 300 squats + abs + weights
    Thurs: Boxing + 400 squats + abs + weights
    Frid: 10K + 300 squats + abs + weights
    Sat: Crossfit (legs and gluts involvement)
    Sun: 5K + lazy yoga

Very girlish stuff :)
    Any ladies here btw?

2. Pete Wall

Pete Wall Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    hey, George. Lifting weights is a world I don't know so the amounts you lifted don't mean anything to me. The fact that it is your best ever tells me though you're doing great. Congratulations.

Natallia, that doesn't sound girly to me. A regime like that for any length of time & you'll be in super shape. Any specific goals for the next 12 months?

3. NatalliaKosmacheva

Jul 23, 2013
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Natallia
    Thanks Pete. I am pretty happy with my body shape. So my goal is to keep my 50 kg weight stable during the fall and winter, increase number of squats up to 500 and to improve the pace during a 5K run (11:00 per mile pace / 06:50 per km now to 10:00/mile as a start; to 8:00/mile ideally).

4. Pete Wall

Pete Wall Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    Best wishes with it, Natallia.

Pity there isn't an eighth day in the week, looks like you need a rest day in there somewhere :)

5. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    After a grueling 12 weeks grinding it out and finally making gains pushing weight higher than ever before... this week is an rest week Yeah! :). Then it begins again...

6. Trent

Trent Formula 3

Dec 10, 2003
    Indialantic, FL
    Full Name:
    Trent
    #131 Trent, Oct 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Third Quarter Update: 10/4/2013

My plan was to diet from Jan - April
    Cut 6-8 weeks from April - June
    June birthday party in LV have 5-6% BF and look great. ...all a success

Then I wanted to stay cut and still eat and be happy. As mentioned I started on a cyclic calorie diet after June. Where on high workout days where I burn 300-400 extra cal, I eat more, and on non-workout days I am back to a cutting diet of 200-300 cal below BMR.

I am not as "cut" as I was for LV, and my BF has ticked up a notch.

Dec 2012 : 160-165 lbs
    June 2013 : 146 lbs and very very low BF
    Oct 2013 : 149 lbs and still very lean

Thats my update.

Few pics:
    1. Feb 2013 : (Kitchen) : *look at that belly
    2. June 2013 (just before bday)
    3. June 2013 (at the pool in LV)
    3. Last week (reflection in ferrari Headlight)
    4. Last week (at gym)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    you look best in pix 1
    worst in pix 3, lv picture. too thin for your age and not enough meat.
    just my opinion. no offense.
    find the right balance and i think you will look great.

8. Pete Wall

Pete Wall Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    Already 2014. Posting to close out my results against the start of year 2013 target.

I only did the single timed event for 10km in 2013. ~41 minutes that I wrote about in July, My achilles injury has been ongoing - seems like a year now - so no opportunity for much running. Have rested from running for a couple of months now: am waiting for the Achilles to recover so I can run again. I want to run: it gives me much enjoyment. Have been doing other fitness and today, for the first time since the 1970s, I did a chin up! May not be much for you gym guys but for an 'always skinny' running guy like me it is a proud achievement. It feels great to be in good shape.

All the best with your 2014 goals.

9. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Wasn't really a resolution but I lost 10# in last 2 weeks preparing for ski season

Just under 230 now

Plan on getting down to 210 within a month or 2

Finally got my diet, exercise in synch :)

10. BT ZR1

BT ZR1 Karting

Nov 22, 2013
    Toronto
    you look great .that is a lot of hard work and eating clean. i'm 7% bf so i know .

11. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I skied about 3 hrs straight in Aspen today

Felt great

Calves a little tight tonight

Think I'll b as stiff as Frankenstein by Mon LOL

12. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    William--get a massage if you can (I hate them, but one should help). If you can tolerate them, NSAIDs (Advil et al) can be your friend. Also, compression--I'm serious, a set a compression panty hose would likely help (and if not, everyone around you will enjoy the laughs). Good luck, and have fun.

13. Trent

Trent Formula 3

Dec 10, 2003
    Indialantic, FL
    Full Name:
    Trent
    #138 Trent, Jan 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Fitness Goals for 2014

So here are my new fitness goals for 2014.

1. Stay below 7% body fat year round

2. Eat extremely clean, where clean means macros of:

.a. 15% Carbs (avoiding sugar, especially processed sugar)
    Good (Mono+Poly Fats)
    Neutral (Sat Fats)
    Bad (Trans Fats)

.b. 25% Fats (avoiding bad, limiting neutral, and focusing on good fat)
    Good (Mono+Poly Fats)
    Neutral (Sat Fats)
    Bad (Trans Fats)

.c. 60% Protein (meat, dairy and vegetable) I believe all proteins are good.

3. Prep and Cut for my 45th birthday in Las Vegas with "the guys". Start cutting on May 1 for 8 weeks or so. Too much time really, but then I don't have to cut as hard. I plan on targeting 5.x% Body Fat (BF) for D Day.

4. (NEW) I plan on competing in Mens Physique shows this year. For those unfamiliar; Mens Physique is a competition class and usually held at the same venue as the Fitness, Bodybuilding classes. But unlike the muscle heads (sorry if I offend anyone), Physique class is in board shorts (bathing suits that go to the knee), and has only three poses. Front, Side, Back. No flexing poses, just natural looking poses. Basically a class for people who are in shape, and look good at the beach without being "I can't buy regular clothes" large. My first competition is the Clearwater Supernatural on Feb 22 2014. So I am T minus 5 weeks.
    -Why? Because just like LV, it gives me something to work toward and focus on. I am going to have fun with it. I will post the results here, good or bad.
    -My girlfriend who I have sucked into the gym, fitness lifestyle, is competing as well at the same show in Bikini, all actually her idea. She started Jan 1 2013 hitting the gym hard with me and has dropped 10 pounds from 122 to 112, and added 5-10 lbs of muscle. She always did lots of cardio and we basically met at the gym (first sighting), but now she does weights and boy what a change. She went from hot, to smoking-hot. Maybe I will attache an image, to make up for all of the half naked pics of me :)

5. I want to add a little more muscle mass in 2014, but not much. I do not want to be huge. I do not want to buy new clothes, too much invested in my wardrobe. My legs could be a little thicker, and maybe a little more size in my lats and back. I will also focus on my obliques a bit more. I want to stay under 160 lbs and very lean.

6. Because I could not locate a protein bar that met my Macro and Nutritional needs I have created a new company manufacturing bars. This is plastered on the pics, but is not a solicitation for sales and they won't be for sale until Q2 or Q3 2014 anyway. The protein bar has 150 calories, 20g Protein, 2 net carbs, 3g fat (all good from almonds), and 1g sugar. Most 20g protein bars have 200+ calories, 5-20 g sugar, and just don't meet my Macro requirements. Trust me I would have rather just bought the bars from someone else than spent 8 months trying to develop a formulation. But it was fun!

7. Because I feel most people don't understand Macros and their importance in their diet and overall health, I have also started a Nutritional Macro certification and labeling company and campaign to raise awareness for healthy eating. Should be in full swing by Q3/2014.

-->I find it interesting that my quest for healthy eating and fitness has led me to start two new businesses in 2013/2014 that I otherwise would not have had the expertise to start.

Happy 2014 and good luck to everyone!