Fit2Fat2Fit | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Fit2Fat2Fit

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by S Brake, Oct 22, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Interesting; thanks for the link.

As someone whose weight has yo-yo'd quite a bit as an adult I can confirm the mental/emotional change.

2. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Yawn .... Noticed he didn't pull up his shirt.

3. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

You have to burn more than you take in everyday. Doesn't matter how you burn it but you must keep the ratio of burn more. Look at any wide receiver, you think this guys are starving? No way, and yet they are the strongest, fastest people on the planet. Want to eat a lot? Burn more, get strong, get ripped, F**k your brains out.

4. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    I know George, just feel like that hamster on that tread mill to nowhere ;)

5. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    He did on nightline, he's got his six pack back and even weighs three pounds less than when he started.

6. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Bastige......

7. LambogatiINC

LambogatiINC Formula 3

Aug 14, 2004
    Toronto/Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sal
  8. scoobysteve

scoobysteve Formula Junior

Apr 20, 2004
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    I ordered his book on Kindle (release on Tuesday).

Anyhow, this has got me thinking about my own situation. I wouldn't consider myself obese but I'm definitely less-than-optimal and I feel fat and ineffective. One thing that caught struck me in his interviews was his description of the psychological differences. When I'm more in shape I notice a big difference in confidence, forward ambition, and general attitude on life.

While I'm not in terrible shape right now, I feel like I've just been lucky. I have TERRIBLE eating habits. I eat too much, the wrong things, and I suspect, for somewhat emotional reasons. Sometimes I order food I'm not sure I'm even hungry for...I'm just afraid of not having enough and being hungry later. Immediately after getting the food I feel like I made a mistake. But because it's there I eat it anyway. Additionally, I seem to have an oral fixation. I love things like chips and salsa. I end up like an automaton -- mindlessly stuffing chips in my mouth.

I'm a single guy and it always seems like such a waste to cook for one. Also, eating out is very much a social activity for me. Subsequently, I eat out pretty much all the time. California has a wide-range of eat-out options and I rarely eat "burger joint" fast food. But it's still tough to eat well (and proper amounts). It doesn't help that I really don't like vegetables and I'm somewhat of a carnivore (I often have meat-specific hunger).

I'm not the kind of guy to give up so I'm looking to keep trying and changing what I'm doing to see what will help me change my habits. My latest idea is to write down a list of eating guidelines to remember when I go out. So I can consciously pull it out, read it, and make deliberate eating decisions. I'm thinking I'll put down things like:

- It's okay to get the onion rings, but only eat two. You don't need any more to enjoy them.
    - Order small; if you're really hungry later you can get something else.
    - YOU DON'T REALLY WANT DESSERT. If you still want it in 10 minutes, you can get it.
    - Leaving food on your plate is OKAY! Ask yourself if you're really hungry or just eating it because it's there.
    - If something only comes in a large portion (like that awesome BBQ chicken pizza at Lazy Dog's!) mentally divide it in half and take the rest home.
    - Chinese restaurants: DON'T EAT THE FRIED RICE!
    - Remember how good it felt to be super in-shape? This is how you get there.
    - Backpacking trips are always more fun when you're fit.
    - Fit is good for business.

Just an idea. I'm open to any help any of you guys have. Right now I'm at 195lbs (5'8") and I'm hoping to eventually be at 165lbs. I'm naturally pretty muscled so anything less would look sickly. I'm NOT after the bodybuilder look of the Fit2Fat2Fit guy -- more just want to be "athletic."

9. Xcheckme

Xcheckme Formula 3

May 10, 2011
    Tampa Bay
    Full Name:
    Lukas
    I think that's a great start. You can still enjoy all the foods you like, just as long as you don't overeat and you can control your portions. Remember that a calorie is a calorie is a calorie. You can still eat out a lot, just skip the appetizer and or make it a habit of not eating 25% of what is being served. Do that and you will lose weight - best of luck to you!!!!

10. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
  11. scoobysteve

scoobysteve Formula Junior

Apr 20, 2004
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    I just finished it. It's a quick, worthwhile read.

12. Stephanie

Stephanie F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2006
    The Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephanie
    It's realistic. I'm doing 1200 calories per day and working out.

13. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Drew reminds me of someone, but I can't think of who.

14. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    The general consensus is that he's a Ben Stiller double.

15. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Yea, I can see that. Not sure if that's who I'm thinking of, but it's definitely a resemblance.

16. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    That's not sustainable long term after you lack 'stored energy.'

17. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    1200 is about the bare minimum before your body starts going into starvation mode, the threshold is obviously higher for men though. 1200 may be too low depending in Steph's lifestyle and current weight.

18. Stephanie

Stephanie F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2006
    The Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephanie
    It's not bad. If I get really hungry after a few days, I'll have a cheat meal. Besides, I have 'reserves.' LOL! :p :eek:

19. mom4791

mom4791 Karting

Nov 5, 2007
    Des Moines, IA
    Don't know why but I instantly thought of Tony Robbins...

20. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    While I did not follow his plan to a "T" I did use it as a guide and well the results were awesome for myself. I started to slim down in Oct 2011 bending the scale at 420 pounds!! Here is a photo of myself from 2007 on the Island of St. Marrten at around 365 pounds.

http://i1311.photobucket.com/albums/s667/Rob_Guess/rob2_zpsa9d299f8.jpg

And the most current photo from Dec 2012 at 265 pounds.

http://i1311.photobucket.com/albums/s667/Rob_Guess/rob2_zpsc2a6ef00.jpg

The mountain bike was purchased in May 2012 and on the day prior to my 49th Bday I put in 82 miles on it on my Bday another 56 miles average miles ridden in the summer was nearly 700 miles a month.

This winter I have taken up Alpine skiing for the first time in over 20 years and I am making parallel turns within a half day

21. Pete Wall

Pete Wall Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    Fantastic, Rob. Sounds like you're going REALLY great. All the best. Regards, Pete

22. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Have you seen the site now? Book, tons of sponsored supplements, plans, guest speaking bookings, even his own clothing line.

He did this one right.

23. Vinny Bourne

Vinny Bourne Formula Junior

Nov 25, 2011
    sad commentary on the general public, snoooooooooooooozz