Fit2Fat2Fit | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Fit2Fat2Fit

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by S Brake, Oct 22, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. maria.james01

maria.james01 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 22, 2012
    Interesting theories.

2. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    He is under 220....looks like he is tracking well....

I think it's still easier for him than someone who had to carry this weight over long periods of time....the fat never got to get hard on him like someone who has battled it for 10 yrs. his body will spring almost back....I can't lose my 25 lbs for yrs...I can't do 1,500 calories a day and workout for 45 minutes everyday, it's just not realistic....and then to keep doing it to keep it off.

3. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    nthinfinity, try canoeing, biking and swimming?

4. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Exactly. I appreciate his example, but he is more of a bodybuilder off-season than a genuinely obese person. It's good that he documents the psychological effects of his weight gain (I expect a book/TV deal), but he never had a serious compulsion to eat in the first place.

5. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Why has he not updated yet, it's 60 days later.

6. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
  7. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    ^

Thanks ..... Wonder what the real reason is.

8. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    he has a tv deal and its part of the contract

9. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    He's supposed to appear on a weight loss show on ABC in June. My guess would be Extreme Makeover Weight Loss Edition. The new season premiers on June 3 on ABC.

10. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I would bet that he has also taken leave from his day job to do intense training for his big reveal. His training video/supplement/food/TV show host/guest trainer-to-the-stars career depends on this event.

11. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    I'm sure if we all could take 3 months off work - and have sommeone cook our meals correctly and spend 4 - 6hrs a day in a gym like environment we could all lose the 50lbs we all needed.

12. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    !!! +100000 !!!

13. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    That's just defeatist talk right there. Losing weight is not rocket science, and doesn't require hours in the gym every day. If you do it properly, all it takes is 30-45 minutes a day, maybe 3-5 times a week. All the information on how to do so is openly available, you just have to choose to do it. Being in shape isn't something for lucky rich people who don't have to work. It's a choice. If you're out of shape it's because you choose not to put forth the effort. Simple as that.

14. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Well said.

15. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I believe it's been scientifically proven that an average person begins to plateau around 45 minutes.

And it's more importantly about eating correctly and portion control.

16. Mrpbody44

Mrpbody44 F1 Veteran

Jul 5, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Full Name:
    Steve Metz

I may take less time than that. I did Tim Ferris's Geek to Freak test. Amazing body transformation in a month. 3- 1 Hour workouts a week. Most folks can't handle lift to failure or do not do it right. Do it right and it works. I would have had even better results if I had bought more weights to put on the barbell.

17. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    I've been thinking about doing that workout actually, and pulled his book off the shelf a few weeks ago to reread that section. I had fantastic results with the slow carb diet actually, so maybe I'll give it a go and report back..

18. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Wrong...I've had personal trainers, dietitians, and do it with my family...lim 5'10 and been fighting to stay at 230 for years,and I'm 43 now. The only way i can get to 205 and stay there is to eat under 1,500 calories a day, zero cheat days, an work out for 45 minutes every single day...BS....I live it....and it's not a choice to eat a slice a pizza once a month, it's life.

19. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    Gotta say I agree with Big Red. Most people think obesity-related issues are due to lifestyle choices. They can be, but just as often, it's genetic predisposition. Sure, a lot of people with the genetic tendency can work harder and stay thinner, but it's a never-ending fight, with various degrees of success. And some people have zero success, no matter what. Their body is programmed to accumulate fat, and that's what it does.

Sure, there is an equilibrium weight which you can affect by dietary and exercise modifications, but there is also a built-in resistance to change for this equilibrium level. The more of this resistance you have, the harder it is to change the equilibrium, and to keep it at the changed level.

I am hopeful gene therapy and other medical interventions can help these people. If not today, sometime in the near future.

20. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    There have been recent publications on this how the body actually releases weight gain hormones even in the obese when they lose some weight - as if the body thinks it is starving and reacting to anorexia.

Almost analogous to an autoimmune condition like chronic hives/angioedema, where the body's histamine is released when no allergen is even present, causing persistent swelling and inflammation, all day, every day.

21. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Have you had any blood work done? My wife was having problems losing weight until she discovered she had a vitamin D deficiency.

22. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Yes, I do blood work every 6 months, and talk to my dr every 4 months when I visit. He doesn't believe me either, we jog every day, and I fight to eat under 2,000 calories a day,and eat every 2.5hrs....here is what I eat generally.

7am warm water with a squeeze of lemon - everyday
    8am - oatmeal 5 days a week - eggs the other two days generally.
    10:30 - either apple,orange ,or yogurt
    12:30 - pita pit, or protein shake of shorts, or fish with brown rice
    3pm - hand full of nuts /seeds , very every day ( almonds, pistachios , walnuts )
    4:30 - usually some carrots, celery , or cucumber
    6:30 - dinner, fish, small steak, or chicken, always with veggies, like broccoli , or asparagus
    8:30 - homemade popcorn sometimes, olive oil, with a little cheese...never butter.

And of course, 5-7 bottles of water or green tea every day.

My sister in law said I should find out my blood type and eat foods for my blood type ...and avoid foods tat are not for my blood type..... Think I will look into this.

23. Ferraribot

Ferraribot F1 Veteran

I think he'd look better somewhere between the first and second picture. First one is gross. Second is a little too heavy.

24. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    He was on The Today Show this morning.

Back to his old self. He said the change mentally and emotionally was a big change that took time to realize what was going on. Went from a 34 to a 46" waist.

25. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander