First snow....anyone 4x4? | FerrariChat

First snow....anyone 4x4?

Discussion in 'Bradan' started by BRADAN, Dec 9, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BRADAN

BRADAN Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
  2. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    That's cool as can be :) We got 8" on Thursday night.

3. LI2782

LI2782 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 19, 2010
    I wouldn't post those pics, especially tied to the business. You're breaking basically every cardinal rule of driving on the beach. Things like speeding(wouldn't create a splash like that if you weren't), driving on the dunes and flexing on the rocks are why we are constantly losing land access. There are great clubs like Long island off road and NYC Jeep Club that are NOVA sanctioned and do great off roading trips in the region, but there's no legal wheeling on the island unfortunately. PM if you'd like some more info.

4. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    I don't think its possible to speed in a hummer especially with the tires aired down and diff locked. Its as graceful driving through water as throwing a safe in a swimming pool. There's a trail connecting the ocean and bay side through the dunes thats marked off. The state parks guys are great about marking off the trail as beach conditions change. The whole off road park is patrolled by suffolk police in a F250s, they just joked if I get to brave it won't be cheap to tow me out with a tractor. Thank you thats exactly what I was looking for. They give you trial maps with the beach permit, I just get nervous driving in my first time not knowing what to expect.

So far my favorite trucks off road are the Raptor, G Wagon, Land cruiser, and H1. For some reason I don't feel safe driving a wrangler even though its one of the best trucks off road.

Any pickup is great off road I just don't know if I have the patients for airing down 6 tires on our dually again after using the H1 tire inflation system.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    If there's any G wagon owners on the site I recommend doing the off road schools through Mercedes. The summer advanced driving school is in an old gravel quarry in Bierberach Germany. The winter school in Austria I think is the best school they offer, its a 3 day school in the Alps.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
  7. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY