First problem - my new-to-me F355 | Page 6 | FerrariChat

First problem - my new-to-me F355

Discussion in '348/355' started by Julia, Dec 5, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Julia

Julia F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 22, 2014
    Houston
    I think that's what happened. After we got home, the next day I had to drive it over to the DMV for an inspection (all out-of-state titles require this in Nebraska). I started hearing extra pops from the driver's side on the way home, and then that evening when my husband went to drive it for the first time, we smelled raw gas.

2. Julia

Julia F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 22, 2014
    Houston
    I prefer to think of it as a blessing. I was praying pretty hard! :D

Ferrari Fanatic likes this.
  3. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    High flow cats are fun enough (I had fabspeed and Tubi exhaust), but I wouldn't go back to test pipes for the tinnitus it was causing. Sounds incredible but too loud to handle. Plus the hassle when smogging.

Julia likes this.
  4. Julia

Julia F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 22, 2014
    Houston
    Vince thinks that's the setup I've got - Fabspeed headers and Tubi exhaust, plus high flow cats. It's odd, but the previous shop didn't put the brand names of the parts they installed on the service records.

Ferrari Fanatic likes this.
  5. Ferrari Fanatic

Ferrari Fanatic Formula 3

Apr 2, 2003
    SoCal
    That’s an awesome combo you have. I agree on the test pipes. My clothes smelled like raw fuel when I ran test pipes. Was too much on a Spider as you said.

And yes a blessing as you stated not luck on the timing on the maiden voyage.

BTW I saw a guy that bought a 355, picked the car up in LA, and drove it East for 26 hours without incident. Ballsy. LOL

Glad it all worked out. I saw the your carbon BAT and it’s a beauty. Now knowing it has Fabspeeds your solid !

Julia likes this.
  6. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    Hey, I drove mine 1000 miles from Portland after I bought it. That is at least one ball.

Julia and Ferrari Fanatic like this.
  7. Ferrari Fanatic

Ferrari Fanatic Formula 3

Apr 2, 2003
    SoCal
    Yeah, awesome drive for sure. You’re also a very alented wrench ! Far more astute than an “average” 355 owner

8. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Julia,
    We would be more than happy to help ID our system if you would like us to. Feel free to PM us some pictures.

Julia and Ferrari Fanatic like this.
  9. Julia

Julia F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 22, 2014
    Houston
    Thanks! I'll see what photos I have.

Fabspeed Motorsport likes this.
  10. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Sorry have not been checking for a few days but yes they are all the same
    A new one can also be fixed easily on the road as I carry a spare on major trips
    My opinion is leave them in as it helps diagnose problems and have used them many times to do just that.
    I keep a spare simply because by changing it easily and quickly tells me there actually is a problem.
    There is other ways Bob and others have explained that work just as good but it’s definable not as quick as plugging in a new know one that works.