First Ferrari? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

First Ferrari?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Peavynation, Mar 31, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. audi_328

audi_328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2005
    NH
    Full Name:
    Audi
    Just a week ago I was telling my girlfriend that if prices ever drop to those 2010-ish levels, I'll get another Ferrari (thinking 328). She replied I don't have a place to add a car right now...I told her I'd figure it out :)

LightGuy likes this.
  2. Peavynation

Peavynation Rookie

Mar 31, 2020
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Joel Peavy
    There is always a way... :D

3. jjtjr

jjtjr Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    john truskowski
    I am in the optimist camp. I believe our economy will rebound in sound fashion, and I base this on the fact that before this pandemic hit, things were rolling well and as this passes shelves will need restocking, and folks with money to invest...will. Stocks and things like exotic cars will be on sale but not for long. Hope I'm right. :)

4. Peavynation

Peavynation Rookie

Mar 31, 2020
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Joel Peavy
    I agree to a large extent John, and really hope that's the case! But there has already been severe damage done to our small and medium businesses, many in heavily quarantined areas going out of business or on the verge, with all their employees then out of work. And those "small guys" play an instrumental roll in the bigger picture. And it's not just the US, I have friends in France and Germany, the global economy is seeing some crazy stress cracks all over. Even some of the giants here in the US are putting large numbers of folks on furlough or laying off. What we're doing is the right thing (the models showed if we did nothing that between 10 and 20 million people in the US would die, vs the 100,000k if quarantines are followed, which is showing true), but we can't do this forever, and HAVE to have a plan to get the economy rolling in incremental steps in the weeks ahead. If we don't, it could get really bad, really fast.

I'm not a pessimist, just a realist who decided to buy his first Ferrari right as the world decided to fall apart! Ha! :p

anunakki likes this.