Wanted - First Ferrari - 2010/11 458 Italia | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Wanted First Ferrari - 2010/11 458 Italia

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by jsh458ft, Feb 20, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jsh458ft

jsh458ft Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2020
    PA
    Thanks. I did see that. I'm actually negotiating on a car right now, fingers crossed. I should probably ask the mods to remove the 120K budget from the subject since that's out of date and obviously unrealistic..

Ferris Bueller likes this.
  2. NuorderSG

NuorderSG Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

At the right price, it may not be a bad deal. Spiders are more desired, demand higher prices, and are not as common.

Say $40K for a new Ferrari transmission ( w/2 yr warranty)...which is the weak point in these cars, and ...cosmetic issues aside, you'll have a reliable enjoyable ride for a few years.

If I were looking for a spider, I would way low-ball this and see if there was a bite....like $110k or so....

At the "right" price, I believe it's better to buy a broken car, fix the things myself to my satisfaction and know they were "done right," than to gamble on someone else's word or bad luck.

...I'm talking about drivers' cars, not collectibles or such....

3. jsh458ft

jsh458ft Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2020
    PA
    They lowered the price on that car to 149. They won't go below like 144. If they had gone for 110 I would already own it. Cheers.

4. NuorderSG

NuorderSG Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Ok, was just a thought...if you put your price on paper, right there and then, but they refused to budge, you did the smart thing to walk away.

FYI: Even if you are able to do many repairs yourself, the parts are super pricey & many can only be sold with special approval from the regional/national corporate rep. So, again it's not always just a matter of money in getting certain parts and saving money by going to an independent shop. Also, many simple parts (like a small A/C knob) are only sold as an assembly. One would need to buy the entire front end panel of the A/C control unit should one want to replace, what in theory, is a ten cent part.

So if you do find that great deal, keep in mind that you may have to live with the minor cosmetic defects or spend tons of money getting it to OEm spec....or they not even be available to you.

Best of luck.

5. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Bought one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. jsh458ft

jsh458ft Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2020
    PA
    Not yet. The seller is clearly not in a hurry, but he's a nice guy and his car is epic on paper. Need to see all the records and some detail shots, but I'm pretty much ready to write the check as soon as he gets me the details. Way over my original budget :D

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  7. Cyrek

Cyrek Karting

Mar 24, 2015
    It’s a difficult time with the car market right now, but there’s always a deal to be done so just be patient and you’ll find what your looking for. It will be fun when finally post pics!

Ferris Bueller likes this.
  8. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    I regret pulling the trigger last year
    160k cars are now 190k +
    Sure you can find a 458 for 160
    But it will have 35k+ miles . No options, worn leather and a ****ty color or wrap
    I am sitting out for now and enjoying my 575

Nonoyeahyeah and bigsquat like this.
  9. X-TNSIV

X-TNSIV Formula Junior

May 2, 2007
    Irvine, CA
    Full Name:
    Allen
  10. jsh458ft

jsh458ft Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2020
    PA
    Market sucks, but I'm still shopping. I bought a California and love it, but would like to get into a 458. Don't think I could do over 200K right now, so I know there's not much available. I'm going to report this thread to the mods to remove price from the title. Cheers in advance for any compelling leads.

EDIT: the 458 I tried to buy last year was a single owner Black/Tan 2010 with nice options that he sold for $175K to someone else and went radio silent. Was quite rude...

11. dgoldenz94

dgoldenz94 Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    David Gold
    I pretty much gave up on the 458 search, current market is absolutely nuts for anything decent.

SGM and jsh458ft like this.
  12. 458Piloti

458Piloti Karting

Dec 4, 2019
    Newport Beach, CA
    Best sounding years

13. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Even though far fetched , u could always look into European imports, still some good deals there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk