Wanted - First Ferrari - 2010/11 458 Italia | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Wanted First Ferrari - 2010/11 458 Italia

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by jsh458ft, Feb 20, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dgoldenz94

dgoldenz94 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 13, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    David Gold
    Try the 458 owners club and used Ferrari for sale Facebook groups

2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Yep I have they are the leader and the best in the business. They lease 300+k car daily

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. jsh458ft

jsh458ft Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2020
    PA
    That's the yellow car I mentioned further up. Story is actually pretty wacky. Repainted hood. Repainted new bumper (sounds like an accident to me...) where an OEM camera was fitted, but not the necessary CPU upgrades to make it function - Ferrari dealership confirmed those parts don't exist anymore. Most recent owner wrapped the Roof Black (its faded and needs replacement) and powder coated the wheels black. Also, the first owner had a nice front lip installed, which has somehow disappeared.

Final cherry on top is that when I gave the VIN to a dealership it returned a totally different car's build sheet.

Passing on that one :)

shellb3 likes this.
  4. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    For $120k you can get a perfect 430 or a salvage 458. Go for a 430.

5. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    Tell us more about your GT. Still happy with it? I hear they are wonderful to drive...

6. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
  7. Nick M

Nick M Rookie

Mar 5, 2020
    Arizona
  8. dgoldenz94

dgoldenz94 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 13, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    David Gold
    well that buffed right out...

9. FerrariCognoscenti

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    Amazing they can still get $132k for it.

10. vinny84

vinny84 Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2008
    PA
    Full Name:
    Vince
    I’m going to have to disagree with that statement. Only reason I see the F355 get a bad rap for its F1 transmission is only because it was very finicky and rough due to being the introductory of this new technology at the time.

From what I’ve read, the 360 F1 was a great improvement over the F355. I think the 360 F1 will be contrary to what you’ve said. Worse case, it will stay at the current prices and rise through inflation. Remember, the 348 wasn’t really well loved for a long time, now look at those prices

VAF84 likes this.
  11. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Well prices speak for themselves and there is no disagreement possible here;)

12. NMNMNMN

NMNMNMN Formula Junior
    BANNED

Why someone would pay 170k cash for a car with the low interest rates is a mystery to me. 70k down and finance the rest, I can make more than the note interest on 100k of capitol.

Yassa, campbell360, spyder625 and 2 others like this.
  13. jsh458ft

jsh458ft Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2020
    PA
    Looking at a 2012 with great options, but almost 50K miles on it. Over my original budget (shocker). Serviced at Ferrari dealerships regularly.

Any specific concerns people have with the mileage? Some slightly imperfect buttons, but otherwise a great looking car.

14. aatk

aatk Rookie

Nov 24, 2017
    except you aren’t getting that in a cd.

I partly agree with you, but it’s comforting to know that your toy is paid for and can be jettisoned if you ever need fast cash.
    I’m underwater on a bunch of options right now that if I actually needed to sell today would net me a far bigger loss than the cost of a car - things can go both ways, but paid for is paid for and is stress free.

15. NMNMNMN

NMNMNMN Formula Junior
    BANNED

I don’t think CD’s are investments personally. And never suggested you or I put money in one.

if you buy a 170k car and put 50k down you should still be able to “fire sale” it and be okay.

I am a RE investor not a speculator and there is a difference. My returns are more than the rates on a exotic car loan or I don’t invest. Added with appreciation over time and the interest on a car loan is not even a calculation. For example I just purchased a 2021 Subaru. I could have written a check or used my American Express or Visa for the air miles. But on a 4 year note the interest is 523 dollars. I put 5k down. I would rather make the payments. The down is 15 percent of the value. I am sure I could sell if I had to for 15 percent less I paid for it. The rest of the money I will use towards my investment activity which will make more than 523 dollars in 4 years.

Mind you just because one uses a bank does not mean they cannot write the check. I am not suggesting you over extend your ability to buy the car, but if you can afford it then do it.

Also, if you are in the position where you cannot write a check for the outstanding balance for note, have instability or doubt in any way of your financial position or lack the resources to maintain and fix say a blown transmission or engine, you should not be buying a Ferrari.

JSinNOLA likes this.
  16. jsh458ft

jsh458ft Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2020
    PA
    Can we stop talking about CDs? LOL - any feedback on my 2012 that I'm possibly buying?

17. NMNMNMN

NMNMNMN Formula Junior
    BANNED

Also, selling an exotic fast usually means discounted price. They are not liquid like actual cash is. So even going with that thought. If you already put 50k down and “fire sold or quickly jettisoned” the car you may get say 120k for a 170k car you bought, you will probably easily pay off the note assuming you did not diminish the value of the asset. Except that you would still have your 120k in cash or whatever because you only put 50k down.

mrsppeed likes this.
  18. NMNMNMN

NMNMNMN Formula Junior
    BANNED

I think you need to bring more money to the table.

19. NMNMNMN

NMNMNMN Formula Junior
    BANNED

And buy the best one you can afford.

vinny84 likes this.
  20. NMNMNMN

NMNMNMN Formula Junior
    BANNED

Okay so the reality is the car will be hard to sell with that many miles unless the price is right. So buy at a right price, accept the mileage and have a 458 experienced wrench give you a very through PPI.

JSinNOLA likes this.
  21. FerrariCognoscenti

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    There are a number of 458’s that have over 100k miles and going strong with nothing more than routine maintenance. No issues buying a 458 with 50k miles as long as you get a PPI.

22. jsh458ft

jsh458ft Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2020
    PA
    Looks like I may be dodging a bullet. PPI revealed a poorly repaired transmission sealed with silicone, realistically needs a new transmission. Waiting to hear more from seller. I will post follow up with pictures/etc. to keep people apprised of this car.

23. NMNMNMN

NMNMNMN Formula Junior
    BANNED

I
    Run forest, Run!!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

24. jsh458ft

jsh458ft Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2020
    PA
    To be helpful to the community, I'm dropping information about the 2012 Spider that I just backed out on at $153K listed here: https://www.europeancollectibles.com/vehicles/836/2012-ferrari-458-spider with VIN ZFF68NHA7C0186297

The car has a few issues, as shown in the PPI Raging Bull in Costa Mesa performed ($450) which I am attaching. I'm also attaching two photos of the transmission - showing a screw+brass washer plugging the transmission vent hole, and silicone covering all of the case seals to minimize the leaking. The leather dash had probably shrunk and been fully removed as well (pictured). I have a few other pictures of paint issues. Car has "Lionheart" tires on it as well.

IMO this car needs a new transmission. A rebuild would be questionable.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

cliffleboeuf, NuorderSG and jayhawkai like this.