Fiorano Handling Package (F355) | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Fiorano Handling Package (F355)

Discussion in '348/355' started by Rothbauer_Racing, Sep 11, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    With today's new shock technology and dynos I would go with some penske, motion or ohlins

2. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    Those are all fine shock absorbers, Tim. But you would have to sacrifice the F355's Suspension Control System. Yes, it dates back to the mid-1990s but it's a well-thought out design and with its suspension ECU and sensors provide an active damping system which continuously changes shock absorber damping allowing for maximum tire contact patch time on the road or track surface. This was very apparent at Sebring where the track surface from Turn 17 through Turn 3 is very rough. My Challenge car's Suspension Control System, which is the same as the stock system in all F355s, provided proper shock damping over the rough track surface and therefor a safe ride. If the active damping system can do that in extreme conditions, it will do the same on the road.

I think that Delta Vee's approach for its F355 Sport Suspension is a good, and economical, solution.

MAD828 and ShineKen like this.
  3. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
  4. Ferrarista98

Ferrarista98 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 7, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jason L
    Back to power steering pumps. Does anyone know the differences between the Challenge pump 177696 and the OEM pump 158114? I compared the tags on them and both say 90 bar. One of the previous posters here said that switching from OEM to Challenge resulted in a much more positive feel and that was the only change as he already had the Challenge rack 176036 installed without knowing it.

5. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    You need to drop a CNC lathe and a mill in your shop. I'm still heartbroken I got rid of mine, well maybe not I have time now and I can just send out the files and have it made cheaper and faster then I can LOL :)

6. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    What program do you design in Tim

7. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus

I ended up pulling the trigger on the challenge ones. If anyone wants to get them re-made, be me guest. Act quickly before I install em :).

8. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    CATIA I like to suffer LOL And I had post processing programs made custom for my machine that plugged into CATIA. worked amazingly well with perfect simulation vs actual cut.

9. Gooselander

Gooselander Karting

Jul 27, 2020
    Illyria, C'dwic, Qavion and 5 others like this.
  10. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Superb!!! Where did you find this!??

11. Gooselander

Gooselander Karting

Jul 27, 2020
    A fiorano manual berlinetta uk car I sadly didn't buy recently due to issues raised in PPI had this in this paperwork. I ended up buying a standard berlinetta with racing seats

Attached Files:

ShineKen likes this.
  12. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Awesome! This paperwork is GOLD! Lots of new info unknown and I am well versed on the subject. #177707 lower arm fork is the first time mentioned being part of the package. It is a 348 lower arm fork. It looks different compared to a standard 355’s. Just looking at the design, it should either lower the arm more or offer more camber.

Did the FHP car have carbon seats. F1 or manual?

13. Gooselander

Gooselander Karting

Jul 27, 2020
    Yeah I noticed that on the lower arm, the 512 tr used this too, the car I nearly bought had Carbon seats and manual 1 of 4 in RHD, TDF with cream, think I should have bought it anyway

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

ShineKen likes this.
  14. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I know exactly which car. He’s finally selling that car?? 355Fiorano on the UK Forums correct?

15. Gooselander

Gooselander Karting

Jul 27, 2020
    No he’s keeping it now, he’ll never sell it

16. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    One thing to note. Seats on his car isn’t original. More importantly, they were red seats re-upholstered to cream. If they were originally cream, it would matter less imo. It’s not like these seats are easy to find off a car.

17. Gooselander

Gooselander Karting

Jul 27, 2020
    Yes I knew they weren’t original seats and re-upholstered, I do know where the black manual berlinetta is as well, that does have racing seats from factory.

DK engineering in the uk have a black Fiorano Manual GTS for sale but as far as I know none were delivered to the uk so must have been retrofitted

ShineKen likes this.
  18. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    They could be mistaking red calipers + drilled rotors for FHP. Only way to know for certain is inspect the car and look for clues. Easiest visual is probably these rear lower forks :).

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. Gooselander

Gooselander Karting

Jul 27, 2020
    ShineKen likes this.
  20. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Any pics of this car?

21. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
  22. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    It has carbon door sills as well.

23. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    You’re a lifesaver posting this document. Otherwise, very likely we would never figure this out as #177707 was never mentioned anywhere on the internets (trust me) to complete the FHP suspension until now. Supposedly the uprated fhp rear sway bar hits the rear suspension arm during hard driving. #177707 lowers the arm for clearance.

The only other solution would be to change out to challenge forks, which have a difference part number.