355 - Finally ready to buy an F355 | FerrariChat

355 Finally ready to buy an F355

Discussion in '348/355' started by 92GTA, May 10, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 92GTA

92GTA Rookie

Oct 21, 2010
    USA
    Hi, my name's Alex. I've been a member here for a good number of years but mostly just a lurker. Recently I have finally saved up enough to buy the Ferrari I've wanted for a long time, a 1998-1999 F355 GTS and hopefully in Rosso Corsa over a beige w/black interior. Just like a red Ducati is the only color for me, the same goes for a Ferrari, has to be resale red over beige haha!

I guess I don't have enough posts to make a classifieds ad yet so I will be trying to keep up on the ones posted for sale. I've spent a few hours looking online and haven't found anything in the US in that spec currently on the market. My budget is $85K. I care less about the mileage and more about the overall condition and proper servicing.

I'm in CA just North of LA and just wanted to introduce myself.

Thanks!!

2. gpiro

gpiro Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2007
    NJ
    Alex the current market is very strong for the GTS and GTB version of the 355. If you look at the latest 12 month sales for example on bring a trailer both versions are in the 135K-150K + range if you are looking for a 6 speed. Only 2048 of the GTS 6 speed were produced and for less for F1. The cost of capital is very low right now .

92GTA likes this.
  3. Culprit

Culprit Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 4, 2011
    Santa Ana, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian
    You'll find that many members who have bought recently have spent months or even years looking for the right car. Certainly GTS F355s are up there now but if you're open to Spiders and/or F1s there are options in the range you mention.

Whether you plunge in now or save up a bit longer, posting in the classifieds section is unlocked with a paid membership.

92GTA likes this.
  4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    it took me 2 years to find my red tan 95 because i wanted one that had documented valves done and that was in 2002!
    be patient but be ready to act quickly (and pay for a stick)

Wsmatau and 92GTA like this.
  5. Ferrarista98

Ferrarista98 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 7, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jason L
    From what I saw when shopping, $85k is well within range for a Spider, F1 for sure and pushing limit on a gated. For an F1 GTB or GTS, 85k is getting tight for a good clean #2 car. Gated is going to be into 6 figures. I’m talking cars with a major or major+ within the last 2 years.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

92GTA likes this.
  6. SpencerMarks

SpencerMarks Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 15, 2017
    Woodstock, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Spencer
    You won’t find a GTS in F1 or manual for 85k anymore. Especially not in today’s market. If you do, it’ll need $$$

92GTA likes this.
  7. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Congrats, but 2 years too late to fit the car you want into your budget.

A lot of guys that need time to gather enough funds to make a purchase are struggling with this new norm. Keep saving and hope things go your way.

ShineKen and 92GTA like this.
  8. 92GTA

92GTA Rookie

Oct 21, 2010
    USA
    Thanks to everyone for their feedback! I will keep saving and searching.

9. Kokose7en

Kokose7en Karting

Dec 5, 2019
    SF Bay Area
    tres55 and ShineKen like this.
  10. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Honestly, doesn't look like a bad car. And you could drive the heck out of it and not feel guilty.