Finally did the Scuderia Audio Amp/Sub upgrade! | FerrariChat

Finally did the Scuderia Audio Amp/Sub upgrade!

Discussion in '360/430' started by Dean Palmer, May 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dean Palmer

Dean Palmer Formula Junior

May 21, 2010
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    Dean Palmer
    After all the positive feedback here on the forum, I made the decision to get a hold of Mike at Scuderia Audio and order the amplifier that fits into the stock cradle, and the subwoofers. Great guy to deal with and very fair for what he has done with the amps! I wanted the system to look stock, and this was the best thing as I knew it would all fit.

Making the wiring harness using the stock subwoofer plug and wires was simple, of course, as I've done many car installs over the decades. I extended the wires and added connectors at the speaker ends to make it simple to swap if and when needed. The bracket Mike provides makes the speakers fit perfectly. One observation I made is that the nut welded on the back side does keep the bracket from making a perfect airtight seal with the box, and after testing, I went back and added a little foam door seal material around the edge of the bracket, between the bracket and box, and then between the speakers and the bracket. No evidence of air leaks now. I also added some Hushmat Wavebreaker foam squares in the back of the box, and replaced the original factory fluff/stuffing on top of that. Lastly, removed the aging/deteriorating foam in the factory speaker grilles.

The amp replaces the factory unit in the cradle and takes about three minutes to swap out if you have the OEM system in place.

I'm going to be digging into the doors to see what was done inside there from a previous owner as there is evidence of the stereo system being changed out at some point. Not sure what speakers might be there, but the amp from Scuderia Audio sure makes them sound decent.

If you are looking for reasonable and perfect fit upgrades for your OEM system, you will appreciate the work Mike has done to make all this stuff fit, look stock, and perform. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ditpixs

ditpixs Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 22, 2019
    Nor Cal - Tracy
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I definitely concur on the work Mike has put into to making a great setup! The only problem was, once he demo'd his custom leather wrapper sub box with the 8" JL sub for me, I couldn't say no :)

Skidkid likes this.
  3. Dean Palmer

May 21, 2010
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    Dean Palmer
    It took every bit of my restraint not to go bigger with the larger amp cradle as well as the big sub :)

ditpixs likes this.
  4. Dean Palmer

May 21, 2010
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    Dean Palmer
    I just received the bigger single sub. Now to install and connect!

ditpixs likes this.
  5. ditpixs

ditpixs Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 22, 2019
    Nor Cal - Tracy
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    That’s awesome to hear!!

Skidkid likes this.
  6. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    I had one in my 360 and it is all I can do to resist upgrade on my 599.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Dean Palmer likes this.
  7. Dean Palmer

May 21, 2010
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    Dean Palmer
    I got time to install and connect, and it's such a big difference. I have had the stock speakers and box, then the Scuderia speaker upgrade and factory box, then the Focal Utopia speaker and the factory box, and now this. The Focal Utopia Be 13 ws were pretty awesome, but I think they would have benefitted from maybe even more packing inside the factory box, and I already lined the factory box with dense speaker foam, but never got to packing it more. Very happy with the quality of the leather work as well as the overall unit. Going to have to maybe spend some time aligning it upward as the factory box left some evidence in the leather, but that might just smooth out given some conditioner and time.

I also had to use the stereo controls to tweak the sound profile, crossover point, and reverse the polarity on the sub to optimize. I'm still using the Scuderia amplifier upgrade that fits into the factory spot, so this improvement is not using a larger amp and it's pretty impressive.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

The4DA likes this.
  8. Dean Palmer

May 21, 2010
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    Dean Palmer
    Sold the Utopias already!