Finally a source for 458, Veyron, and Pagani clones! | FerrariChat

Finally a source for 458, Veyron, and Pagani clones!

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by peterp, Sep 7, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    This site (SR Foose Cars) offers "clones" of 458's, Pagani's, Veyrons, etc.

Concerned about the environment? Don't worry, they also make them in electric (Tesla clone)! Or you can specify a BMW V12 for traditionalists.

458 Clone (warning, it's gonna cost you $20k): SR Foose Cars Cars - Ferrari 458 Clone

458 Electric (don't worry about electric bills, it recharges by solar!): SR Foose Cars Cars - Ferrari Electric

Does anybody know what the deal is with this company? Besides the trademark infringement on every high-end car manufacturer out there, their claims are several realms beyond the ridiculous.

2. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    Did you see the "replica" superyacht they will build you?! Only 3 million!

3. V-TWELVE

V-TWELVE Formula 3

Jan 1, 2007
    Vancouver, BC
    Chip Foose? I respected the guy and now this? so much for Overhaulin' now it's Counterfitin'. LOL

Someone should send him the link to the crap so he can see how they are using is name.

4. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    They have been scamming people since 2012.

Chip Foose, Foose Design

Meet The Internet Frauds Who Want To Sell You A Top Gear-Endorsed $49,000 Bugatti

5. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Not Ferrari content, moved to General Automotive.

All the best,
    Andrew.

6. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    ???????????????????????????????????

You must be joking. The entire topic is about infringing on Ferrari's trademarks -- how is this not related to a general discussion of Ferrari? If it belongs anywhere else, then it would be the replicas forum, but since that is under vintage and these are modern Ferraris, it didn't make sense to post it there. The "General Automotive" forum gets about 1 post a week -- you might as well delete the thread.

7. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    It's a company making replicas and slapping body panels on that resemble many different types of cars. As such, there will be many different high end car companies with grounds to sue SR for infringements. Ferrari General Discussion is for discussing... well... Ferrari.

I left a redirect for a week to give your thread some traction if folks are interested. :)

All the best,
    Andrew.

8. B R

B R F1 Rookie

Aug 31, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    B R
    #8 B R, Sep 8, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
    The About Us page mentions their name 13 times. I don't think that was enough.

I was going to buy a bunch of these cars, they are such a good deal, but the lack of detailed photos is not giving me enough confidence in the finished product.

I mean who can refuse the fastest Bugatti Veyron in the world with 24 cylinders and only costing $50,500?

BTW, a search on that phone # found a mansory.tv website offering the same cars.

I guess if you are going to copy other car designs, you might as well copy other company names & urls.

The high production quality of this video gives me the feeling that they hold to the same standard when making their cars. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9icE2vn9n8

This page answers all the hard questions, but leaves me with a new question. Who is CEC , who is now apparently building the cars? I don't think it's Claus Ettensberger. Also funny how they mentioned they have facilities all over the world, but no word about Mexico, except in the faqs.

Oh I just noticed I can open a franchise! Sign me up!

9. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    So because it is not exclusively infringing on Ferrari, it has nothing to do with Ferrari.

10. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Peter,

These cars are not made by Ferrari. It's not a Ferrari company announcement. Their tiny little operation has no significant impact on either Ferrari's sales or reputation. Nobody on this site that wants a Ferrari is going to be duped by these fakes. They are not Ferraris.

Ferrari General Discussion is for discussion of Ferraris, not replicas of Ferraris. Your thread does not belong in the Ferrari General Discussion category, so it had to be placed somewhere else. I don't know how to make it any more plain. As I said, I left a redirect to help visibility and help you get traction on the discussion - if you're not happy with that, c'est la vie.

Cheers,
    Andrew.

11. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Wow what a deal! buy a replica Oceanco for only 3.2 million, and have a guaranteed profit of 20! Can't wait to roll up in Monaco with my fake Oceanco (I think I'll call it ''sucker'').

With my profits I'll buy 6 more, then sell them all. With those profits I'll buy 37 more, and sell them all too. I think I can retire on 740 million.

The real idiots are SR Foose for not realizing this themselves! SUCKERS!

;)

12. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I like the part about electric engine w no electric bills. How does that work ? LOL

13. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Andrew - I would suggest that you are looking at it from the wrong perspective. If you own a 458 or a 430 or an Enzo or a 599 or a 360 or a California (all the models SR mimics), or even if you are considering buying one of those models, it is relevant to be aware that these “clones” are being marketed. Most owners and perspective owners won’t lose any sleep over it, but it is relevant information to them. To force a topic that is relevant to Ferrari owners to be posted in a forum, whose topic is not Ferrari, guarantees that the vast majority of the people the thread is relevant to will never see it – this is the polar opposite of constructive interference.

If you brought up this topic in a conversation at a Ferrari event, you would almost certainly end up having a several minute Ferrari-related discussion regardless of who you happened to be speaking with. Fchat is a discussion forum, not Wikipedia – what would take place in a real life conversation should be the basis for determining what is relevant – otherwise moderation is a roadblock to active discussion, rather than a compliment to active discussion.

It would be different if the forum was so overwhelmed with new threads that it was impossible for anyone to keep up – then somebody would need to tame the beast – but that is not even remotely the case. According to the newsletter, Fchat had well over 200,000 users active in August and, as far as I can tell, my post was the only new topic in the general Ferrari Discussion forum for all of Monday (and there was only one other new topic posted on Sunday). If anything, Fchat has the opposite problem of not enough participation given the huge number of users on the forum at any given time.

Maybe we’ve just run out of things to talk about, or maybe the tone of the forum isn’t optimal for many of the participants to feel comfortable posting. A forum should be fun, funny, and interesting in addition to being informative. When it is too serious, people will come and suck information out of it, but there isn’t much motivation to participate. The purpose of the forum is not to write textbooks, but to informally interact with other enthusiasts. Focus on that, instead of minutia, and Fchat will probably see broader participation across its vast user base. I couldn’t care less about this particular thread, but I do care that the forum is fun and engaging and a welcome environment so that we can get the feedback of a much broader cross-section of people rather than just the tiny sliver of users that comprise the vast majority of posts currently.

Regards,
    Peter

14. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    I agree with Andrew, but perhaps for a different reason.

ALL car enthusiast should be warned about Super Replicas. I've heard tales of misery about them for years. So keeping this in Ferrari-only categories doesn't help people who may be considering replicas of other brands.

Particularly as they're commandeering Chip Foose's last name, who is not a typical Ferrari guy.

Matt

15. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Replica electricity. Duh!

16. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Solar, Baby! It turns out Tesla was a moron building all those power stations, they could have just used the sun.

This is a Ferrari board and Ferrari seems to be the biggest target for SR based upon number of models supported, so I would still argue that Ferrari discussion was the best place to post it and it should be my discretion.

If the move was done to give broader warning, and the forum it was moved to was active so that it would actually be seen by a lot of Ferrari owners, then I wouldn't have an issue. But that's not why it was moved and that forum is virtually dead -- the last post in that forum was in August (except for the game thread). I've been on Fchat for 13 years and have never once had occasion to even go in that forum. Jimmy Hoffa could be buried in that forum and we wouldn't discover it for months.

17. SloW8

SloW8 Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2010
    #17 SloW8, Sep 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Let me put this here...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. B R

B R F1 Rookie

Aug 31, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    B R
    You didn't read it all. The body is made of solar panels, so as long as you are parked or driving outside, you get fully charged... in theory. In reality I hope you don't plan to drive this car very far or often!

19. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Agreed. I've said what I needed to say and don't intend to comment further.

20. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    How is it possible that they can still be advertising this stuff years later with all these infringements? It seems like any one of the parties infringed upon (Ferrari, Lamborghini, Tesla, Top Gear, Foose, etc.) would have the legal power to get this shutdown in a heartbeat given the undisguised copying of so many brands.

21. fast eddy

fast eddy Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2010
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Ed Davenport
    They are a scam, posing with famous people and real exotics claiming to produce exotics but produce nothing, luring in the unsuspecting and making off with the down payments. The old adage "to good to be true" applies here. I too am baffled that they are not shut down on YouTube.

22. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Anyone buying their crap fully deserves their money taken away btw.

23. Ducman491

Ducman491 Formula 3

Apr 9, 2004
    Mentor OH
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Sweet! I can get a BMW 6 series replica from them for $22k instead of getting a real one on EBay for $18k

24. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    The "smart" money is buying real ones for $18k and then selling them as replicas for $22k. It's like printing money!

25. SWB

SWB Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2006
    Toronto & Ottawa
    Full Name:
    Seth
    I got my eye on their Cheap Foose Hemisfear replica.